Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Sep 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3299182)   #2601
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Bit lousy that they're not doing the Pirtek Cup in its entirety.

Car should look pretty sharp on the TV.
It appears that Mr Skaife's maketing company had something to do with firstly securing the sponsorship, and secondly securing the entry

It will be likely that this car will be in every B1000 discussion across the Bathurst weekend then...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2013, 04:30 (Ref:3299206)   #2602
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
On addcafe it says the MS will be a mentor for the team, how does this affect his postion with v8supercar, plus does that mean we will be smothered in xbox & RBR cars through out the Enduro Champ on Ch7 telecast?
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3299215)   #2603
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
On addcafe it says the MS will be a mentor for the team, how does this affect his postion with v8supercar, plus does that mean we will be smothered in xbox & RBR cars through out the Enduro Champ on Ch7 telecast?
But Skaife's involvement aside is 2 international drivers in a wilcard for a massive new launch from a Tier 1 sponsor not worthy of promotion on its own?

I reckon it is great for the sport and they need to run stories on the guys, and feature them prominently so others may consider the same.

Priaulx has always done alright, and Ekstrom has great credentials, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys. If they grab a top-10 with no damage on the car I think that if we see some attrition they could grab a top-5.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3299216)   #2604
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Shouldn't it be #11 ?
Am i missing the reference? I'm sure its number 10 because of Turn 10
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3299221)   #2605
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Am i missing the reference? I'm sure its number 10 because of Turn 10
That may well be.... however....

X(10)BOX ONE(1) = 11
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3299222)   #2606
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
That may well be.... however....

X(10)BOX ONE(1) = 11
I guess you had to be there...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3299230)   #2607
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
2 world class drivers in the XBOX car and 2 of the favoured cars from RBR, so yeah you would expect to see a fair bit of them.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3299247)   #2608
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
But Skaife's involvement aside is 2 international drivers in a wilcard for a massive new launch from a Tier 1 sponsor not worthy of promotion on its own?

I reckon it is great for the sport and they need to run stories on the guys, and feature them prominently so others may consider the same.
What he said.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3299255)   #2609
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
2 world class drivers in the XBOX car and 2 of the favoured cars from RBR, so yeah you would expect to see a fair bit of them.
top ten contender instead of a finishing contender compared to other wild cards
Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3299258)   #2610
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
top ten contender instead of a finishing contender compared to other wild cards
That's right, so the XBox drivers will get plenty of air time because of who they are, not where they are.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3299268)   #2611
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On addcafe it says the MS will be a mentor for the team, how does this affect his postion with v8supercar.
Xbox have been a long time personal sponsor of MS, back at HRT etc...

It's already been reported Skaife is out of the V8 Commission as of October... Only surprise here is that he isn't driving it!

I reckon this is the most credible wildcard entry we've seen at Bathurst, pro drivers in their prime with a car capable of winning. In the past it's been competition winners, has beens and pay drivers in low quality machinery.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3299272)   #2612
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Mr Ekstrom here auditioning for GRM next season?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3299404)   #2613
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is Mr Ekstrom here auditioning for GRM next season?
Maybe he should wait until 2016 to see if the engine is any good? The chasis has delivered already.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3299721)   #2614
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post

I reckon this is the most credible wildcard entry we've seen at Bathurst, pro drivers in their prime with a car capable of winning. In the past it's been competition winners, has beens and pay drivers in low quality machinery.
Absolutely. Whoever put this together should be applauded. A really great initiative, putting an international entry together with a high profile sponsor.

Although I will be surprised if they're near the front early in the race. But toward the end, who knows. Andy Priaulx has been here enough times to know what he's in for and Ekstrom is quality.

And who knows, maybe we could get 1 wildcard per manufacturer in future years. The global network of drivers available with Mercedes (yes I know - not official), Nissan and Volvo is enviable.

Four or five genuine international entries in addition to our regulars each year - mouth-watering.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3299723)   #2615
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
And who knows, maybe we could get 1 wildcard per manufacturer in future years. The global network of drivers available with Mercedes (yes I know - not official), Nissan and Volvo is enviable. Four or five genuine international entries in addition to our regulars each year - mouth-watering.
I totally agree, if we had big name sponsors in for wildcard entries with big name OS drivers, the exposure possibilities are awesome.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3299739)   #2616
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hope they have plenty of spare panels for the green machine..

I see a lot of hype... Not too much driver acclimatising testing...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 6 Sep 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3299752)   #2617
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully next year when more of the larger teams have build their 2nd gen COTF chassis there will be a few more wildcard entries.

Andy has driven over here on and off for a decade i think he will be ok, but Mattias will need some testing and then likely the majority of the practice sessions, but don't rule him out he performed reasonably well in his one off NASCAR Roadcourse start.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3300332)   #2618
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Another new livery for #47...

...well done to Mr Wills for another maingame livery..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3300508)   #2619
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. I see Billy Woods is with Ch 7 and 7 Mate now. Could we see a V8 Commentary return for Woodsy?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3300740)   #2620
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Hmm. I see Billy Woods is with Ch 7 and 7 Mate now. Could we see a V8 Commentary return for Woodsy?
I hope not; he always seemed so bored and disinterested back in his CH10 days, even if reality was otherwise.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3300784)   #2621
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
I hope not; he always seemed so bored and disinterested back in his CH10 days, even if reality was otherwise.
1) bored and palatable, or
2) way-over-the-top-on-speed-and-unknowledgeable and unpalatable?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 04:41 (Ref:3300802)   #2622
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd prefer him over Matt White anyday.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3300846)   #2623
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'd prefer him over Matt White anyday.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3301288)   #2624
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
1) bored and palatable, or
2) way-over-the-top-on-speed-and-unknowledgeable and unpalatable?
Matt White doesn't have to be overly knowledgeable, that's the task of the other commentary team members.

I say Vote [1] Matt White!!! ....oh, that was last weekend...
Old 10 Sep 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3301365)   #2625
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I see a lot of hype... Not too much driver acclimatising testing...
Agreed.......will they even get a test before Bathurst?

In the last 10-15 years a number of internationals have been invited to race at Bathurst, yet due to the ridiculously low amount of testing allowed by the category, the drivers are always underdone and spend the whole time out here just getting used to the cars (and go home with the local 'experts' thinking they are rubbish)

Why will this effort in 2013 be any different? We've already heard plenty of times this year how the CotF is just as 'unique' to drive as the old model...