Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Aug 2024, 05:37 (Ref:4223367)   #2601
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Before an another stupid asks, what is the red yank cabriolet behind the Allanté? Japyank collaboration with tilting headlamps? I know I have the answer but too early this mo…
Old 22 Aug 2024, 07:11 (Ref:4223371)   #2602
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Never before have I seen one of these before, or even heard of them tbh, but here in all its chocked up glory and spotted in a car yard in Spain today...

Oh and something I spotted on the side at the bottom rear of the front guard was a Pinifarina badge.

A Cadillac "Bayview" Ragtop, by Pininfarina.

Oh and looks like on an AND (Andorra?) tag.

Edit: Maybe the Bayview bit is not the model, but as it says Bayview Ft Lauderdale, maybe thats the dealer name.
Cadillac Allante Pininfarina?

https://www.hagerty.com/media/automo...t-of-cadillac/
Old 22 Aug 2024, 07:45 (Ref:4223375)   #2603
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Yes, was '92 Indy 500 official Pace Car. "The world’s most powerful front-wheel-drive roadster"!
Old 22 Aug 2024, 08:29 (Ref:4223384)   #2604
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes, was '92 Indy 500 official Pace Car. "The world’s most powerful front-wheel-drive roadster"!
Visions of torque-steer!

But yes the Cadillac Allanté it is that I spotted. The Bayview link was as Gerard said and I suspected might be, was just a very fancy chrome dealer badge.
Quote:
The Cadillac Allanté is a two-door sports car produced by Cadillac between 1987 and 1993 with approximately 21,000 units produced. It was manufactured in San Giorgio Canavese , Italy and in Detroit / Hamtramck, Michigan .

It was designed by Pininfarina in Italy and marketed to compete with the Mercedes-Benz SL-Class and the Jaguar XJS .
. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Allant%C3%A9
Old 22 Aug 2024, 11:47 (Ref:4223395)   #2605
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, y'all nailed it. Often dealer badge on the rear left corner. You can just make out the Allante on the rear right light housing. It was a custom body Toronado by that time but I think chopped in the middle, and took FOREVER to build cause they were finished by Pinninfarina. Peak dumpster fire Cadillac era there with the Cimmaron (everyone will pay double for a straight rebadge right?), just before the stupid AF duck ad Caterra

But its spiritual successor was cool, the XLR built on the Vette platform
Old 22 Aug 2024, 11:59 (Ref:4223396)   #2606
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today its a piece of a French connection.... a Citroën My Ami Buggy city thing. My Ami? Is that a play on Miami, or just a bit of Frenglish.

Anyway, quirky yes, but not sure quite what to say about it. Im sure its' Mother loves it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4246.jpeg  
Old 22 Aug 2024, 12:25 (Ref:4223398)   #2607
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Today its a piece of a French connection.... a Citroën My Ami Buggy city thing. My Ami? Is that a play on Miami, or just a bit of Frenglish.

Anyway, quirky yes, but not sure quite what to say about it. Im sure its' Mother loves it.
It looks like a Push Me - Pull You, as if it could go in either direction!
Old 22 Aug 2024, 12:57 (Ref:4223403)   #2608
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

[PEDANT]

It's not a car - it's a quadricycle.

[/PEDANT]

The name comes from the Ami of the 60s/70s - and the My Ami variant would refer to the door-less buggy version.

The push-me pull-you appearance comes from the fact it is built symmetrically both front/back and left/right for cost purposes, e.g the door panel is same on both sides (including hinges).
Old 22 Aug 2024, 13:21 (Ref:4223406)   #2609
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
[PEDANT]

It's not a car - it's a quadricycle.

[/PEDANT]

The name comes from the Ami of the 60s/70s - and the My Ami variant would refer to the door-less buggy version.

The push-me pull-you appearance comes from the fact it is built symmetrically both front/back and left/right for cost purposes, e.g the door panel is same on both sides (including hinges).
I have learnt something today.... I was not aware a quadricycle was a type of car.

Furthermore,
Quote:
Quadricycle is a European classifications for light four-wheeled motorized vehicles: light quadricycles, category L6e, and (heavy) quadricycles, category L7e
In 21st century France, a quadricycle is a 4-wheel car that cannot go faster than 45 km/h (28 mph), weighs less than 425 kg (937 lb), and has a maximum power of 4 kW (5.4 hp). (Comparable to the low-speed vehicle class in the United States.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadricycle

Not to be confused (as I did) with Quadracycle, a four-wheeled style of cycle
Old 22 Aug 2024, 16:20 (Ref:4223429)   #2610
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Not to be confused (as I did) with Quadracycle, a four-wheeled style of cycle
Try with Quadpieceofkrap and you'll learn another thing. What is strange is that I'm convinced we already talked about this on the forum (with reference to the sister krap Topolino).

Other oddities https://www.turbo.fr/actualite-autom...er-lami-187597

For your Mum, I suggest a step back in the future, with an Isetta inspired EV, the Microlino: https://www.largus.fr/actualite-auto...-30022835.html
Old 22 Aug 2024, 18:37 (Ref:4223442)   #2611
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My parking garage at work is also public parking and has some gems show up from time to time.

Old 22 Aug 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4223446)   #2612
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
My parking garage at work is also public parking and has some gems show up from time to time.

We need to know..... does it have a bench seat?
Old 22 Aug 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4223465)   #2613
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like it?
What does he want for it?
Old 22 Aug 2024, 23:24 (Ref:4223467)   #2614
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Looks like it?
Certainly cant see any tell-tale headrests that would suggest buckets....
Old 22 Aug 2024, 23:30 (Ref:4223470)   #2615
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks like it?
If I see it again I'll get out of the car and take a better look. But there is an all black old RAM for sale that I need to stop and take a picture of for you.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 03:39 (Ref:4223484)   #2616
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks like it?
That might be a $30k pickup at this point. Sadly C10s are forever out of my reach.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 14:14 (Ref:4223532)   #2617
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Manual??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That might be a $30k pickup at this point. Sadly C10s are forever out of my reach.
This is correct and that is a badass long bed 4x4.

And this one I saw yesterday might be cheaper but a close look told a feller that this is actually a nearly rust free rig. Rockers and bed were solid. Told the nice old man I'd take it off his hands right now! Said he hears that 10x a week!
Old 23 Aug 2024, 17:47 (Ref:4223548)   #2618
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
We need to know..... does it have a bench seat?
May be not the best option to look for when using a pick-up in a public parking! Should come with a bikini or a hardtop…
Old 24 Aug 2024, 00:33 (Ref:4223569)   #2619
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I've posted this car before, but now it is officially for sale. $2500
Old 24 Aug 2024, 00:39 (Ref:4223570)   #2620
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does it have…
Old 24 Aug 2024, 01:27 (Ref:4223572)   #2621
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sweet, gotta get her and make her Dale Jarrett livery special
Old 24 Aug 2024, 02:52 (Ref:4223575)   #2622
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sweet, gotta get her and make her Dale Jarrett livery special
I actually do want it for no apparent reason. My son will be driving in a couple years but the insurance cost will be more than I pay for the car by that time.

In other regular car news, this was enjoyable

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-Dkz...lxZm1xMTVnMzBt
Old 24 Aug 2024, 03:13 (Ref:4223577)   #2623
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I actually really like the Allante. They lost so much money on that program but it was the wrong car at the wrong time. A modernized version in 2003, that's a hit. I can't let the Caddy go without posting its much cooler (IMO) cousin:

Old 24 Aug 2024, 03:21 (Ref:4223578)   #2624
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I love fox body Underbirds! I have my entire life. Both the first and second gens are cool and I have a dream to put a turbocharged Barra in one. Shoooweee, that'd be cool! And they were killer stock cars.

Old 24 Aug 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4223628)   #2625
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I actually really like the Allante. They lost so much money on that program but it was the wrong car at the wrong time. A modernized version in 2003, that's a hit. I can't let the Caddy go without posting its much cooler (IMO) cousin:

There's one that actually still runs in Virginia Highland, in pretty good condition too.

Quote:
I love fox body Underbirds! I have my entire life. Both the first and second gens are cool and I have a dream to put a turbocharged Barra in one. Shoooweee, that'd be cool! And they were killer stock cars.

Can't have a T-Bird stocker picture without ye ole Underbird too, well done sir