Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Aug 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4223826)   #2626
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was another one of those that made me want to go back in store to try and guess the owners
Old 26 Aug 2024, 15:58 (Ref:4223959)   #2627
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yellow Camero
Old 26 Aug 2024, 16:31 (Ref:4223961)   #2628
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AAAHHHH my eyes. Need a cleanse

She got a for sale in the back window, but not exactly a great part of town to stop and ask in

Yeah, she's not as good as she could be but hey make a clone out of her or stay stock would be a tough decision. Id probably go resto-mod and make her run without worries of authenticity
Old 26 Aug 2024, 21:05 (Ref:4223982)   #2629
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yellow Camero
Holy Moly. That is quite offensive.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 21:16 (Ref:4223984)   #2630
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice wheels.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 21:40 (Ref:4223991)   #2631
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Nice wheels.
May I politely and respectfully suggest that you may be in need of a visit to a good optician/optometrist
Old 27 Aug 2024, 00:49 (Ref:4223999)   #2632
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
May I politely and respectfully suggest that you may be in need of a visit to a good optician/optometrist
He's a Hot Wheels aficionado

Or sarcasm, or both
Old 27 Aug 2024, 01:15 (Ref:4224000)   #2633
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Car Spotting

I wouldn't say I was an aficionado of hot wheels, but of sarcasm...

Talking of people who need glasses. The driver morning this high powered SUV needs glasses to see white lines.

Many years ago I got to drive the G65. Which is 2 better than that. Mad vehicle.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 01:27 (Ref:4224002)   #2634
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yellow Camero
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I wouldn't say I was an aficionado of hot wheels, but of sarcasm...

Talking of people who need glasses. The driver morning this high powered SUV needs glasses to see white lines.

Many years ago I got to drive the G65. Which is 2 better than that. Mad vehicle.
A number of years ago at petite Mercedes had a display in the vendor village where you could get in the SUV with one of their drivers and it would go straight up. This metal contraption that you did not think it should be able to go up and then straight down. It was very intense. The whole point was to show the slope. These vehicles can Master but it was like one of the best roller coasters I've ever been on
Old 27 Aug 2024, 02:02 (Ref:4224003)   #2635
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, Jeep used to love this things until Porsche brought one out, put 4 decent size dudes in a Cayenne and played all day on it with less noise and drama than Jeeps. Then went to the Rubicon trail and asked Jeeps why so hard
Old 27 Aug 2024, 17:54 (Ref:4224085)   #2636
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
May be but but I got stuck once driving a Q7 on a sloping wet meadow in Scotland. All the electronic bazaar couldn't cope with the slope at low speed. Nothing like an old 4x4 with a differentiel lock! And if you drive a Cayenne off-road, you've better read the owners manual before.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 21:15 (Ref:4224102)   #2637
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is a cheat pic but too good not to share:
Old 27 Aug 2024, 21:31 (Ref:4224105)   #2638
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have had many pics of mighty trucks posted here, so I thought I would lower the tone with the wimpiest truck I have seen for a while. The photo makes it look larger than it was. (Clue, the pic is taken on a walkway).

I believe it was called a Giotti Gladiator. Hmmmm.

To make up for the truck a nice Harley spotted just before.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4668.jpeg   IMG_4667.jpeg  
Old 28 Aug 2024, 00:59 (Ref:4224117)   #2639
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 28 Aug 2024, 04:05 (Ref:4224120)   #2640
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 28 Aug 2024, 07:46 (Ref:4224132)   #2641
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Loving the look of these transporters. The colour scheme is certainly something
Old 28 Aug 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4224172)   #2642
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
We have had many pics of mighty trucks posted here, so I thought I would lower the tone with the wimpiest truck I have seen for a while. The photo makes it look larger than it was. (Clue, the pic is taken on a walkway).

I believe it was called a Giotti Gladiator. Hmmmm.

To make up for the truck a nice Harley spotted just before.
I think that is a fantastic truck, especially with the tipping option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
We have only just allowed for dual trailers on some roads here. But there is one spot (that I know of) in the US that allows for a triple rig, and it is in north Indiana!
Old 28 Aug 2024, 13:35 (Ref:4224177)   #2643
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Quote:
Sick!!

I wanna know what's in the boxes!
Old 28 Aug 2024, 16:20 (Ref:4224195)   #2644
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sick!! I wanna know what's in the boxes!
+ 1 !!!
Old 28 Aug 2024, 22:47 (Ref:4224223)   #2645
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Sick!!

I wanna know what's in the boxes!
Benches. Lots of benches.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 23:25 (Ref:4224227)   #2646
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

We have only just allowed for dual trailers on some roads here. But there is one spot (that I know of) in the US that allows for a triple rig, and it is in north Indiana!
Those are only tiddlers! Some of the roadtrains (to be a roadtrain most are at least a triple) we get here are quite staggering. They can be up to 53.5 metres (175ft) long on public roads but on the private roads owned by the mines there are no restrictions. (In 2006, a road train hitched up 112 trailers, each more than 33 feet (10-plus meters) long, for a grand total of 4,836.9 feet (1,474.3 meters). That's as long as more than 40 blue whales laid nose to tail. It was a bit of a setup job though purely to set a record and only moved a few hundred metres.

If you are interested an article on Aussie roadtrains https://auto.howstuffworks.com/road-trains.htm

Back to more everyday stuff, In the larger non roadtrain rigs the V8 Supercars transporters entering Darwin for the local round there always have a traditional truck convoy through town. Seems a good way to end the 4000klm journey most will have done from Melbourne to Darwin (some slightly closer from Brisbane Brisbane). They are all pretty impressive, and are all B Doubles. They obviously all do a bit of a stop to give the trucks a bit of a scrub and polish for the convoy

Video here is of this years Dusk arrival in town is a good watch if you like big truck convoys and truck horns.

2024 Supercars Dusk 'B-Double' Transporter Convoy in Darwin

https://youtu.be/7T3wZW0xKF4
Old 28 Aug 2024, 23:37 (Ref:4224228)   #2647
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Whats inside one of the V8 Supercar B Double trucks?
It is as they say in the clip, a giant game of Tetris
https://youtu.be/P9761yjq5GM
Old 29 Aug 2024, 00:21 (Ref:4224229)   #2648
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
South Atlanta does have the plus of cooler cars, riskier to your car, phone and wallet but cool cars. Saw 4 Monte Carlos of good rear wheel flavors too, one was very Hot Wheelsed though
Old 29 Aug 2024, 02:23 (Ref:4224236)   #2649
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
South Atlanta does have the plus of cooler cars, riskier to your car, phone and wallet but cool cars. Saw 4 Monte Carlos of good rear wheel flavors too, one was very Hot Wheelsed though
NOMAD!! 55 or 56? Looking 55...
Old 29 Aug 2024, 09:06 (Ref:4224255)   #2650
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Great 'Roadtrip' car. I remember Dale Earnhardt Jnr getting his own personal Nomad restomodded on a TV Special.
There has always been something about a big old wagon I have always loved. Every time I replace my car always look at at least one wagon.

Oh here is a video of the DE Jnr Nomad resto mentioned. Colour is not my choice but......

https://youtu.be/-Ccwy8zmhJI