Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Aug 2024, 11:53 (Ref:4224267)   #2651
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A selection of quadricycle / micro-cars:
Attached Thumbnails
20240828_122436.jpg   20240828_122444.jpg   20240828_161017.jpg  

20240828_161025.jpg   20240828_163152.jpg   20240828_163202.jpg  

Old 29 Aug 2024, 11:56 (Ref:4224268)   #2652
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And a couple of the many Ami's that we saw (counted at least 20 in one day):
Attached Thumbnails
20240828_161248.jpg   20240828_161258.jpg   20240828_165759.jpg  

20240828_165817.jpg  
Old 29 Aug 2024, 12:01 (Ref:4224271)   #2653
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
And a few classics. A VW Type 1, Fiat 500 and Lancia Delta
Attached Thumbnails
20240828_124239.jpg   20240828_124250.jpg   20240828_161341.jpg  

20240828_161349.jpg   20240828_122049.jpg   20240828_122034.jpg  

Old 29 Aug 2024, 12:34 (Ref:4224275)   #2654
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And a couple of the many Ami's that we saw (counted at least 20 in one day):
I want one just to see everyone wonder how I got out of it
Old 29 Aug 2024, 14:18 (Ref:4224287)   #2655
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is mean
Old 29 Aug 2024, 14:31 (Ref:4224289)   #2656
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think this has your name on it 'Broad'.... a city car which looked like it had been jacked up an inch or two. Spotted today and when I posted saw the array of Citycars posted by 'crm' but added this as I didnt notice an AIXAM amongst those posted..... a brand I have certainly not previously seen.

I also added an Outlander Can-Am 4 wheeler, behind the scooter.... just because I like the Can-Am name, a favourite racing category of mine back in the day
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4670.jpeg   IMG_4671.jpeg   IMG_4669.jpeg  

Old 29 Aug 2024, 18:09 (Ref:4224313)   #2657
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I wonder how on earth you could get in!
Old 29 Aug 2024, 18:13 (Ref:4224314)   #2658
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
crm the first red thing you posted is a pure montruosity! Send it to Clarkson and don't forget the backback.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 18:18 (Ref:4224316)   #2659
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
crm the first red thing you posted is a pure montruosity! Send it to Clarkson and don't forget the backback.
The XEV Kitty, or the dr 1.0?
Old 29 Aug 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4224317)   #2660
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B, each time the name AIXAM comes out, you see a post from Mike H. He knows quite a lot about this famous french brand. https://www.aixam.com/fr/nos-gammes-...es-sans-permis
Old 29 Aug 2024, 20:25 (Ref:4224331)   #2661
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I wonder how on earth you could get in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think this has your name on it 'Broad'.... a city car which looked like it had been jacked up an inch or two. Spotted today and when I posted saw the array of Citycars posted by 'crm' but added this as I didnt notice an AIXAM amongst those posted..... a brand I have certainly not previously seen.

I also added an Outlander Can-Am 4 wheeler, behind the scooter.... just because I like the Can-Am name, a favourite racing category of mine back in the day
In fairness in is a bit easier, just fall but it better be an auto cause no leg room. Used to drive a city CMax so y'all have a sense of scale since I think I saw C and Bs over your way. Builders would always ask how I got in and out, answer was always carefully and lots of folding. 6'7 (2m) and 350 lb (158kg/25 st) and shoulders wide enough I would hit the passenger seat in my CMax. They gave me an Escape as the "bigger" car after I complained, it's not much bigger but floor pan is better

But then I want, and grew up with, an older British roadster but definitely need a garage cause the top would be useless. but a tiny city car would be hilarious. Especially with some adjustments and seat relocation to rear deck.

And yes, blue with the black wheels and center exhaust ain't bad. But I've managed to have mostly black wheels on my last 4 vehicles
Old 29 Aug 2024, 20:30 (Ref:4224332)   #2662
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And cause I was in SE Atlanta again today, it's G body (possibly As cause I don't know the switchover like someone here) day

Engine free flavor

Oldsmobile flavor

I missed the 80s SS in that era tealish green on the road. And multiple in yards but SE Atlanta, large bearded white guy in city car and pictures in a yard isn't too safe

And for the European crowd

Sharp eyes will notice the last 2 are in front of same lot, there's a C3 Vette in pieces in the drive too but it was buried in tarps and parts

Also saw a few JHammy era Monaros, sorry GTO on the side of the road, sadly ALL in poor poor condition
Old 29 Aug 2024, 20:36 (Ref:4224335)   #2663
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And back to Decatur something newer and cooler here than in it's homeland

Old 30 Aug 2024, 00:21 (Ref:4224358)   #2664
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
This is mean
That is brilliant!
Old 30 Aug 2024, 00:49 (Ref:4224360)   #2665
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent signwriting. Missed it first time with 'phone and then noticed it on my laptop
Old 30 Aug 2024, 04:47 (Ref:4224373)   #2666
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The XEV Kitty, or the dr 1.0?
Yes the Kitty. Hope we wont have this here. Just noticed the badge a la Mercedes!
Old 30 Aug 2024, 04:49 (Ref:4224374)   #2667
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is brilliant!
And the driver is knocking before entering his busy poomobile.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 05:30 (Ref:4224378)   #2668
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yes the Kitty. Hope we wont have this here. Just noticed the badge a la Mercedes!
https://www.xevcars.fr/kitty/

Available in a range of colours in france.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 14:34 (Ref:4224454)   #2669
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci crm! Designed in Italy.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4224465)   #2670
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
But then I want, and grew up with, an older British roadster but definitely need a garage cause the top would be useless. but a tiny city car would be hilarious. Especially with some adjustments and seat relocation to rear deck.
I can't see any roadster, Brit or european or even japanese, offering room for you. But if you fancy a tiny city car and are ready for a relocation seat, thre's one name springing to mind, Austin Mini! A MkII would be perfect if you're ready to have a three seater… There are numerous steering column adapters and I don't think you'll have to relocate the pedals and it was made in auto form too ( 3 or 4 speed). You'll 'just" have to cope with the reliability of the little thing… A Webasto sliding soft top might help…
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:17 (Ref:4224466)   #2671
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last but not least, you can carry it inside a van (may racers do it successfully here) or may be in a pick-up.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-riley-elf-2/
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:36 (Ref:4224468)   #2672
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gérard, you mention a Mini van. You may be interested to know that in the 60s, James Hunt had one before he got a regular driving job, and which he often used to drive to race meetings.

He would park up in the paddock and sleep in the back of the van overnight, ready to hawk his spannering services to F3 teams in return for a drive in that day's race. He also, from time to time, would cadge a drive in a Special Saloon Mini as well, and I recall him competing in at least a couple of the races that I was taking part in; one, in particular, I remember because he wrote of a friend's Mini having stuffed it into a tree at Oulton Park. This was in the time when many UK circuits still had trees lining the tracks.

Unlike today when the names of participating drivers can be changed in seconds on a computer, back then nobody would have been aware that James was driving on these occasions, unless they had told the commentator.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4224472)   #2673
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another nice and very intersting story, Mike, thanks. Hunt's personal Cooper can be spotted in the Rush movie I think. Happy days!
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:56 (Ref:4224474)   #2674
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
@ Broad: talking about Mini, relocated driver seat, convertible and fun… why not a Moke! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-mini-moke-20/ Dare!
Old 1 Sep 2024, 16:50 (Ref:4224745)   #2675
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't see many 2-door versions of this