Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Sep 2024, 18:22 (Ref:4225454)   #2676
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well never had as much of a chance to use it does what it says on the tin as much as this car

She pulled away from my 2020 Escape without any difficulty and I had to give it a decent bootfull to keep up. 3 cylinder Escapes are SLOWWWWWW
Old 4 Sep 2024, 19:04 (Ref:4225458)   #2677
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
May B the suspension needs some love but a very nice example of the brit roadster. Reliable, reasonably fast and a torkey engine. Don't dream too much about it, broad, the doors are really small for people mesuring 2 m +!
Old 4 Sep 2024, 19:59 (Ref:4225463)   #2678
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May B the suspension needs some love but a very nice example of the brit roadster. Reliable, reasonably fast and a torkey engine. Don't dream too much about it, broad, the doors are really small for people mesuring 2 m +!
Sir, I grew up with a 64 Austin Healy Sprite and would buy one in a second. Ok I'd rather an A or Healey 3000 but you get my point. If I could weld and shape tin I would try to steal my mom's Sprite but it hasn't had real floor pans in 50 years, lower rear quarters for almost as long and no engine in her since 83. And that engine was a B engine stolen from a wreck, we have the Healy 948 that's cracked, MG Midget 1275 2 of them I think and a broken B 1795 I think it was. Guy in NJ made kits for the front end for B motors cause the Spridget ones broke, I think user error but I was a kid.

Have 1 Midget bonnet and front wings set in white hung from ceiling in basement, I think 2 boot lids 1 with rack, and assorted parts. But the rust is enough to make it a real real real pain in the ass fix and I'm NO WHERE NEAR fiddly enough to get it right. I'm more close enough kinda guy
Old 4 Sep 2024, 20:56 (Ref:4225466)   #2679
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something tells me I saw and saw and took a pic of this Smart Roadster last year when I was here in Spain, but saw it today and took another photo.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4680.jpeg  

Last edited by E.B; 4 Sep 2024 at 21:15.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 22:59 (Ref:4225470)   #2680
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Smart shooting brake?

If I squint it almost looks like someone wanted to make a scanned model of the FF, but dropped it and said boy racer livery please
Old 5 Sep 2024, 06:33 (Ref:4225476)   #2681
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
You cant imagine the cornering abilities of this little thing. In Brabus form its not far from an Elise on the road. Is this one a haidresser property?
Old 5 Sep 2024, 10:23 (Ref:4225485)   #2682
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Something tells me I saw and saw and took a pic of this Smart Roadster last year when I was here in Spain, but saw it today and took another photo.
I suspect that you did and then I told the story about how you have to be careful on wet roundabouts when it changes up.

Overall it is super fun
Old 5 Sep 2024, 14:12 (Ref:4225494)   #2683
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I suspect that you did and then I told the story about how you have to be careful on wet roundabouts when it changes up.

Overall it is super fun
Curiosity got me and I checked back. Yes I did post a pic of I think the very car, along with a description of the lady driver. And yes, Adam, you had good things to say of the car and its wet weather antics and the gearchanges. (P55 of this thread I think).

As for the following photo of a Maserati 'Quatro Porte' apologies in advance. After a fairly heavy lunch and 'an adequate sufficiency (aka an excess) of red wine' I tried to get arty with my phone camera waiting for a cab home. Calpe Fish Market and the Penon rock in the background with the harbour in between, all as backdrop to the Mazza with the Trident logo framed by a parking rail. Result, a poor pic of all of the above. All you can see of the harbour is a few masts if you look carefully.

Great lunch though!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4702.jpeg  
Old 5 Sep 2024, 14:18 (Ref:4225495)   #2684
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Is this one a hairdresser property?
Close but not quite. It parks outside of a manicurist shop so suspect she is of that profession.
Old 5 Sep 2024, 15:02 (Ref:4225499)   #2685
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alan Gow, who runs TOCA which runs BTCC, also has one of those Mazzos, also in black, and like nothing better than giving it a bit of welly around the circuits on race days. The exhaust note is rather nice when he is on it, which also includes giving the great and good VIPs taxi rides around the track before racing starts.
Old 5 Sep 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4225504)   #2686
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, I don't know why I had a brain fart; Gow doesn't have a Maserati, it's a Porsche, a Panamera I think.
Old 5 Sep 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4225505)   #2687
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry, Mike, we all understood you were talking about a jap car ........
Old 5 Sep 2024, 18:02 (Ref:4225511)   #2688
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
The problem that I have is that, to me, all cars look so alike nowadays. Unlike in my youth when I could tell you what manufacturer, and model, of each car on the road, just by a glance or even the shape of their tail-lights.

Having said that, I can easily tell the newer BMWs from the front because of their awful front grill, but from the back it could be anything. I now have to see the manufacturers' badges to know who made what.
Old 5 Sep 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4225517)   #2689
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The problem that I have is that, to me, all cars look so alike nowadays. Unlike in my youth when I could tell you what manufacturer, and model, of each car on the road, just by a glance or even the shape of their tail-lights.

Having said that, I can easily tell the newer BMWs from the front because of their awful front grill, but from the back it could be anything. I now have to see the manufacturers' badges to know who made what.
There is not a single word in there I disagree with. And yes I was a BMW owner, many of them from a Bauer 325 Cabrio back in the early 80's through many others, most recently the E90 3 series. I loved them all and at the time thought they were good looking cars. I think the inline 6 E46 2 door was my favourite though.

Sadly now I cant think of a current model BMW I would give driveway space to. The front end on all are just dreadful.
Old 5 Sep 2024, 23:12 (Ref:4225525)   #2690
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Curiosity got me and I checked back. Yes I did post a pic of I think the very car, along with a description of the lady driver. And yes, Adam, you had good things to say of the car and its wet weather antics and the gearchanges. (P55 of this thread I think).
mention a smart and I will talk about the gear change!
Quote:
As for the following photo of a Maserati 'Quatro Porte' apologies in advance. After a fairly heavy lunch and 'an adequate sufficiency (aka an excess) of red wine' I tried to get arty with my phone camera waiting for a cab home. Calpe Fish Market and the Penon rock in the background with the harbour in between, all as backdrop to the Mazza with the Trident logo framed by a parking rail. Result, a poor pic of all of the above. All you can see of the harbour is a few masts if you look carefully.

Great lunch though!
Mazza and a nice lunch. Perfect.
Old 6 Sep 2024, 18:30 (Ref:4225571)   #2691
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
There is not a single word in there I disagree with.
Sadly now I cant think of a current model BMW I would give driveway space to. The front end on all are just dreadful.
+ 1. And now an acceptable version of a 5 Series Touring is above the 100 mark.
Old 7 Sep 2024, 16:23 (Ref:4225625)   #2692
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Little grocery run
Old 7 Sep 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4225642)   #2693
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Im not very good with that period.... is it a Model A? Good nick, whatever it is.
Old 7 Sep 2024, 18:12 (Ref:4225661)   #2694
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'd go for a A too. Coupé doctor may be.
Old 7 Sep 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4225673)   #2695
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old timers can be a challenge to start. A poor joke form the collectors is to suggest you test the crank instead of using the starter motor when available. A T Model has some CR to beat and the displacement is of no help! Those things can break an arm in a second.
Old 7 Sep 2024, 23:19 (Ref:4225701)   #2696
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I had an Austin 7. Used to always start it on the crank. Why not? Only 750cc.
Old 8 Sep 2024, 06:40 (Ref:4225754)   #2697
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
To start a Seven you don't need a crank, a bent staple is enough when a Flivver is almost 3 litre. But if you follow the starting procedure of any old timer you'll seem impressive to the crowd's eyes. Cooking sausages on the exhaust manifold is a must and the choice of accessories is huge!
Old 8 Sep 2024, 06:58 (Ref:4225755)   #2698
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Little grocery run
Look at how tall it is compared with the modern cars around it
Old 8 Sep 2024, 15:37 (Ref:4225794)   #2699
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Im not very good with that period.... is it a Model A? Good nick, whatever it is.
I don't know that period either, but Ford for sure and given volumes just guess A or T and you'll be fine!

I like seeing these old cars mixed with current models, just shows how much design and engineering have progressed.
Old 8 Sep 2024, 18:33 (Ref:4225814)   #2700
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes it's a Ford. No Laurel, no Hardy, not a T! Repeat after me…………