Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Nov 2003, 22:50 (Ref:790053)   #251
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm ready to be proved wrong, but I can't see Mr E being interested, too much like small change and it doesn't give him control and/or ownership of the one circuit that he might like.

I imagine that the circuits will run as they are for at least next year whatever, I imagine that there are contracts in place and these may be expensive to get out of.

Last edited by Piglet; 20 Nov 2003 at 22:52.
Old 21 Nov 2003, 07:55 (Ref:790257)   #252
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he were to be finacially behind one of the bids.

Just going back a few posts, I believe there is a block on planning permission for 10 years at Brands so any supermarkets etc would have a long wait.
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:36 (Ref:790461)   #253
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Elio
On a different note, I`m of the opinion that this thread should be kept free of scare stories about the circuits.
Take out of this thread the scare stories, rumours, speculation & downright untruths & you'd be staring at a blank screen!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 21 Nov 2003 at 11:37.
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:41 (Ref:790466)   #254
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My invitation to renew has apparently arrived today with the correct address but totally wrong name on it. I havent seen it yet.
Now forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't a shift from £100 to £125 a hefty increase?? (25%)
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:58 (Ref:790476)   #255
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Must be in line with my council tax rise then!
Old 21 Nov 2003, 16:10 (Ref:790791)   #256
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Must be in line with my council tax rise then!
All those new houses on the former Brands Hatch site will bring in a lot more council tax, so in a few years you should be seeing a reduction!

(It's a JOKE!)
Old 21 Nov 2003, 18:58 (Ref:790945)   #257
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still fantastic value though. It`s one of the few good things Octagon have done I think.

My personal slant on this (given that no-one`s going to listen to me and stop posting rumours!) is that I find it encouraging the number of KNOWN motorsport-related parties in this famous last 5 bidders.

I think if these circuits were really attractive to the lowest form of life on earth (the housing companies) then the final bidders would be Redrow, Barratts, Wards and Persimmons! As it stands we know of 3 that are presumably likely to be motorsport related (Robb Gravett has even said so). Of the other 2 I wouldnt be surprised if one was a real wild-card (Like Bernie or Our Nige or something) and the other probably of an industrial-nature - eg. like the touted Tesco/Asda and Sainsbury quips which keep coming. Given this we are left with no housing companies having a bid.

I`m not sure about the exact amount of land surrounding the actual Brands circuit which Octagon own but I`dve thought that some kind of warehousing for a supermarket could quite easily co-exist with the circuit if some of the un-used land was put to use. Lets face it, how many weekends a year do the car-parks get fully used? One?

I would be surprised if any large supermarket co would try to put a distribution centre next to the residents of West Kingsdown - look how much fuss they`ve kicked up about Brands over the years. With all the industrial land-use just up the road in Dartford and Thurrock I just can`t imagine anything like that nestling next to the residential areas outside Brands.

Look, I`m getting pulled into this darn thread now!

Well, whatever, I`m off to find my wet weather gear and go and enjoy 2 sodden days of winter-clubbie, supermarkets or no supermarkets.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 08:08 (Ref:792713)   #258
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Sodden was the right word!!! It took me all Saturday night to dry our ready for yesterdays action.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 08:19 (Ref:792720)   #259
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Elio says, we should stop posting rumours so one more won't hurt! Heard a whisper that an announcement will be made this coming Friday.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 08:33 (Ref:792729)   #260
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told by by Roger Etcell from SCV8 about 3 weeks ago that they should have an answer by this week. They are waiting so they can get the calendar finalised
Old 24 Nov 2003, 09:06 (Ref:792748)   #261
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The successful bidder had two weeks 'grace' before being finally committed to the deal. That two week period should end this Friday so that ties in with your story Mackmot.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:21 (Ref:795183)   #262
Frank Rizzo
Rookie

Wales
surrey
Frank Rizzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bhl

Is it me, or should the results of the tender for the Octagon circuits have been finalised over a week ago? Not seen anything about it in Autosport or elsewhere and seems a dead subject at present. That there is no column inches for something of such huge importance to the British racing scene is very odd imo. Anyone know anything?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place - seemed the most likely forum.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:32 (Ref:795203)   #263
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was something in one of the mags (MN?) last week saying that Jones Lang Lasalle (who are dealing with the bids) had delayed things a bit IIRC.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:34 (Ref:795208)   #264
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And wherever all the other threads are in tentenths the big one reckons that Friday is the day - aha - try 'Trackside' - time for a merge and lesson in use of search engine ?

Last edited by josvandeperre; 26 Nov 2003 at 16:36.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:14 (Ref:795363)   #265
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...&pagenumber=11
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:38 (Ref:795377)   #266
Frank Rizzo
Rookie

Wales
surrey
Thanks - so it's been discussed a little then
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:18 (Ref:795418)   #267
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just a little, I see it is on page 11!

I suppose it shows the concern around here and in British motorsport in general. (in fact take that further, what with Australians writing in to Motorsport magazine about it)
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:01 (Ref:795925)   #268
jonathanc
Racer

jonathanc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumours are that 3 parties are the main runners.

1. JP
2. Rob Gravitt (sp?)
3. Nicola (cant remember her surname, but the one that sold BH to Octagon originally)

Doesnt look like there is any news in AutoSport today either
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:09 (Ref:795931)   #269
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicola Foulston, comments?
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:11 (Ref:795935)   #270
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, she who sold them for £200M, now wants to buy back for <£50M !!!
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:15 (Ref:795941)   #271
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sorry but if Nicola Foulston gets it back I think everybody's worries are just beginning
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:16 (Ref:795943)   #272
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't want her back, she cocked up all the decent circuits last time.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:46 (Ref:795968)   #273
jonathanc
Racer

jonathanc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes good business sense though selling for 200 and buying back for 50..... sounds like something Bernie would do too....... stir stir stir
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:59 (Ref:795980)   #274
Geoff
Rookie

Geoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the NF period of ownership was the most succesful and stable period? They continually made profit, and there was never any rumours of development... sure, she was never that popular, but she ran a tight ship...
Old 27 Nov 2003, 12:20 (Ref:795994)   #275
Frank Rizzo
Rookie

Wales
surrey
I'd sooner Foulston than Barrat Homes or the like....

John Batchelor has a bid in the final 5 too according to AS.