Old 29 Jan 2003, 18:02 (Ref:489688)   #251
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Damon, I'm happy to do the report, but I realise you may be particularly keen...... If you want to do this one, I'll do Silverstone? As I say, I don't mind at all.
It's ok Ayse, if you're happy to do it then carry on! Just let me know if you get bored during the course of the league .
Old 29 Jan 2003, 18:26 (Ref:489715)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, will do. I'll get the replay and crank up the old analyser and see what I can come up with.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 19:47 (Ref:489796)   #253
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I have done it I have gone out and bought a wheel ! ! ! !
Old 29 Jan 2003, 20:21 (Ref:489830)   #254
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Rob. Which one did you get? Have you tried it yet?
Old 29 Jan 2003, 20:38 (Ref:489847)   #255
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Well done Rob. Which one did you get? Have you tried it yet?
http://europe.thrustmaster.com/produ...php?p=T1&fam=4

I have had a quick go, and it is so much easier, I have still not been able to get the pedals to work - I will have a proper look at the weekend when I have more time
Old 29 Jan 2003, 20:56 (Ref:489865)   #256
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Should be good. I've got one of their wireless gamepads for my old pc (which the kids use).
Old 29 Jan 2003, 21:22 (Ref:489892)   #257
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oooo booger!! rd is going to be on the attack!!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 21:24 (Ref:489893)   #258
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
when he gets some practice in.................
Old 30 Jan 2003, 09:03 (Ref:490290)   #259
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im still surviving with my duck-tape Thrustmaster hybrid

sorry about that Ayse, the frame rate was so slow and jumpy that i just could not get out of the way - i was madly clicking downshift when i thought i had stopped and waiting for it to pop into reverse but i dont think the damn thing downshifted at all.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 30 Jan 2003, 12:58 (Ref:490522)   #260
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No problem Juan. It was like one of those slow-motion moments - as soon as I rounded the fast corner on the run to Big Bend, I saw you coming to rest, but I was slightly off-line to the right of the track as I approached and there was nothing I could do. Sadly, that ended any chance of me catching the other three, but, realistically, I don't think I would have done anyway. As it happens, I really thrashed the engine (no lift/clutch on the upshifts) and got to within about 5 seconds of Tony, but then my engine blew 2 laps from home. Pretty disastrous all round really, but if I hadn't messed up at the Loop about 5-6 laps in, things might have been different......if, if, if.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 Jan 2003 at 12:58.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 21:24 (Ref:491025)   #261
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will the practice session take place at the usual time on sunday?
And who is doing the report?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 30 Jan 2003 at 21:25.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 13:25 (Ref:491807)   #262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm now working on the report for last Tuesday's race. Hopefully it will be with Spud for uploading by the end of the weekend. I've still got to pick the "meat" out of the replay though and take a few good pics of me falling off and colliding with Juan........

I'm assuming we will have a praccy server (from Spud) for Silverstone on Sunday. I'm sure he will confirm this in due course.

I ran an online race at Silverstone last night. I was beaten to pole by a damned quick Honda. He and another Honda ket me at bay easily in the race until my Lotus blew an engine. Seems to be even more susceptible to that than even at Monza - I wasn't even speed shifting when it let go. Still managed to finish 3rd. I really need to work on my speed through the major left-hand corners there - once you've got that right you can really drop your times!
Old 31 Jan 2003, 22:07 (Ref:492349)   #263
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, there will be a praccy server on Sunday, usual time.

I would have confirmed earlier, but two long days at work finished me off!
Old 1 Feb 2003, 11:32 (Ref:492794)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sure it wasn't the thrill of basking in your "Glen glory"?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 10:09 (Ref:493641)   #265
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hopefully we will see as many members as possible at 2 pm this afternoon at Silverstone?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 14:01 (Ref:493784)   #266
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm having chatroom problems yet again. Tried winvrocip.exe three times but no good - it won't let me in. I can't see the server yet either. I hope the others are there.....
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:36 (Ref:493829)   #267
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well just finished the practice race and I need more practice with wheel, and just to prove I got one heres a pic, taken with Daddy's nice new digtal camara..............
Attached Thumbnails
wheel.jpg  
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:44 (Ref:493837)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think you need a bigger desk! How do the pedals connect?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 17:04 (Ref:493907)   #269
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Are any of you guys running on broadband? If so are you running behind a fire wall. Vroc won't let me join races unless I disable my firewall and obviously I don't like doing that. Any ideas? By the way, my security software is Norton Internet Security Pro.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 18:25 (Ref:493965)   #270
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I am running on Broadband, I share my connection with my dad via a router, I do not have a firewall on my machine, but there is a firewall on the router and I have never had any problems.........
Old 2 Feb 2003, 18:47 (Ref:493980)   #271
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
rdjones, use those progressive pedals on either side of the steering wheel, they're so much easier to handle than pedals - and a lot easier to callibrate, i use the brake lever but not the throttle one because it broked. this is how i can afford to brake awfully late

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 2 Feb 2003, 19:11 (Ref:494004)   #272
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I am running on Broadband, I share my connection with my dad via a router, I do not have a firewall on my machine, but there is a firewall on the router and I have never had any problems.........
we've got 4 machines linked through a router here, with each machine having their own firewall. I can now get Vroc to run under the firewall but it won't let me connect to races. It comes up with "error detected on network". The minute I disable the firewall it's fine.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:08 (Ref:494060)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I run Norton as well (with Broadband) but I always take the chance and disable that before I race online.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:18 (Ref:494066)   #274
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Just found a way round it. If you click on "internet access control" in the "personal firewall" tab, all you have to do is add Vroc and GPL to the list of programs it allows to connect to the net. Now I have GPL running online and all the hackers and intrusion alerts on as well!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:26 (Ref:494074)   #275
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well done - I'll check that out.