Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Sep 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3136920)   #251
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Oh well I got to race with them in the end lol!
Old 16 Sep 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3136935)   #252
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
leecostelloracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absoutley correct I recall my good friend an ledgend gerry taylor telling me special saloons started off like that they considered space framing in the 60's as a form of cheating back at 1st he said
Old 16 Sep 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3136956)   #253
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Al I love to see them v8 an specials out 2gether made a change of scene broke the mould wasn't a bad thing in spectator terms
Old 16 Sep 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3136962)   #254
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well thats what the man from CSCC said after looking at the times that it would be better for the spectator, I do like that about this club that they are prepared to switch things about to give the best race. I thought the Prelude would be quicker, I know he was all over me through the bends but I seemed to hold him down the straight.

BTW when I said the grids were dilutted because of Goodwood, and Spa, I know these machines wouldnt go to either but remember some guys have several cars and I was told that some of the regular V8 guys were racing different steeds at Goodwood.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3136973)   #255
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete21 View Post
I don't think that is the case with this series Al , none of the cars running in this series would be eligible for Spa or Goodwood!
Joss Ronchetti's car would be eligible for the race at Spa that I am in next week !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Sep 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3136977)   #256
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
True but he was at Dony!
Old 16 Sep 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3136978)   #257
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
I loved that crx an neil claxtons little rocket it was great dave beaty was getting the hang of it
Ron harper as always was flying martin looked great in the imp I saw a good sideways moment by him pete stevens flew as always ide love to see dave tetley out there

Last edited by leecostelloracing; 16 Sep 2012 at 22:15. Reason: bird seed? meep meeeeep
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3136989)   #258
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
True but he was at Dony!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Sep 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3137016)   #259
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Meaning, I think, that the proximity of Spa did not put Joss off running at Donington on Saturday (but the events of Saturday meant he could not run on Sunday. )

One would also observe that had he been entered for Spa the trip might now be in doubt because of the events of Saturday - which goes some way to explain why people might be reticent about entering an event the week before something they really want to do.

Iirc Joss did Spa last year.

What one really needs is a garage full of cars that are ready to go so that in the event that one fails another can substitute. I think a few people here have worked that one out already.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 06:40 (Ref:3137045)   #260
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete21 View Post
none of the cars running in this series would be eligible for Spa or Goodwood!
Grant, i didn't need a long complicated answer I was simply stating a point !
Old 17 Sep 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3137243)   #261
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Must be a Monday lol!
Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3137287)   #262
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Something wrong with the world today I tell you?
On the upside my car will be having some serious changes to injection next year also some ta performance heads too as the axle I've been preparing is a proper job strong an reliable
Good shake downs before new year an ill be ready to eat all the bergers at the bbq's oh an race?
Old 17 Sep 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3137434)   #263
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the drivers briefing on Saturday Hugo and the guys talked about a CSCC Special Saloons drivers meeting, and prior to that we should direct thoughts and views direct to Andy so that he can collate and get a view of the whole.

Suggest we focus our energies to that rather than try to debate regs via public Internet forum.

It would be nice to get a class for steel shelled saloons, it would be nice to get a round at Spa, and it would be nice if we didn't get hung up on the age of someone's pistons. 50 feet and 50mph and all that. That said it would be nice if I could have sex with Jessica Ennis, but I don't think that's likely and life will go on.

The series will go on too, this was confirmed on Saturday and that's good news. There are many nice things we could have, but the only thing that's essential is securing more cars. That's where focus should be.

S.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3137461)   #264
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
I can't beleave you was there stacy if I would of know I would of come over my man where was you pal? I didn't even see you or see you out at all
Old 17 Sep 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3137465)   #265
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Lee,

Yes I was there. Dropped off the rig late on Friday when it was dark and realised Sat AM I was surrounded by CNC lads rather than Special Saloons. My appearance in the race was, cough, brief. In fact the telephone apology I made today was longer..

Didn't make the BBQ as I was DIY recovering the car from the Melbourne Loop until 9pm. Thank the Lord for winches..

S.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3137467)   #266
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Oh no gutting your having as worst luck as me what happened pal
Old 17 Sep 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3137472)   #267
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
No luck involved Lee. Car was good and ready to roll, this was just pressing the wrong pedals at the wrong time. Watched the video earlier, event summed up while parked in gravel. Think opening lines to Four Weddings and a Funeral. And add a few.

S.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3137604)   #268
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gutted on several accounts. . . .

Not as many as hoped for seeing as it was the last full weekend of the year,

Then the sierra disappears (at least I got a shot in qualifying to prove it was there lol)

In the race my favorite Mazda goes out in front of me and then to my horror both Bertha AND the Bullet are out.

Post re - the Bertha photo's is HERE rather than putting the photo's up again.

Let's hope that next season we get a few more entrants like the first one at Mallory last year - now THAT was awesome.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3137664)   #269
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Bad luck all round stacy sounds like david there saw enough I tell ya chaps here's to a end of a bad year to some mostly 70% of us an bring on 2013 eh
here here
Old 18 Sep 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3137689)   #270
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Gutted on several accounts. . . .

Not as many as hoped for seeing as it was the last full weekend of the year,

Then the sierra disappears (at least I got a shot in qualifying to prove it was there lol)

In the race my favorite Mazda goes out in front of me and then to my horror both Bertha AND the Bullet are out.

Post re - the Bertha photo's is HERE rather than putting the photo's up again.

Let's hope that next season we get a few more entrants like the first one at Mallory last year - now THAT was awesome.

.DAVID.
Ouch, fairly big hit then!

There's been more than enough interest to date so i'm told so I don't think there'll be a problem on entries?
Old 18 Sep 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3137694)   #271
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
That said it would be nice if I could have sex with Jessica Ennis
Ha ha Stacy I don't think you would last as long as your car even!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3137701)   #272
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Ahaha superb al haha 10 points chaa ding classic
Old 18 Sep 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3137739)   #273
pete21
Rookie

United Kingdom
Claverley Shropshre
pete21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke with Andy yesterday with reference to a modified & a specials class.
The advantage would then be the space framed cars & cars with sequential boxes would not have to move up a class because of this they could then race with like for like cars.
I have also mentioned to him maybe make a % allowance on bore size for older engine due to re- bores.
The modified cars class should the attract interest cars from miglia & mini Severn classes.
Also it should attach saloons from other steel bodied classes, I have suggested a note to Autosport & Motorsport news asking any interested parties to enquire to se the level of interest.
Your thoughts please.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3137808)   #274
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
My thoughts from an interested bystander is just get the cars out there, you cannot throw a rule book at an empty paddock!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3137909)   #275
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Haha al suttle but sooo true pal