Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Dec 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3484114)   #251
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i should hope so! otherwise how's he going to develop this "racecraft" nonsense that button's advocates keep on banging on about
Old 11 Dec 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3484122)   #252
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He has already reported to danish media that he is searching for a series to race in - preferable with Honda.
But Super GT and Le Mans seemed out of the question, instead joking about MotoGP
Old 11 Dec 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3484129)   #253
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ho...A&ved=0CDYQsAQ
Old 11 Dec 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3484140)   #254
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorted.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3484154)   #255
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Awesome!
Old 11 Dec 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3484160)   #256
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
If that didnt fit there is always this:

http://www.civic-cup.co.uk/
Old 13 Dec 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3484707)   #257
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Earl Bamber will be a Porsche works driver in 2015!
Old 13 Dec 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3484710)   #258
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Earl Bamber will be a Porsche works driver in 2015!
Not in LMP1 he won't.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3484713)   #259
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, but someone will be moving up.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3484726)   #260
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a strong feeling that we will see a new dane in LMP1 next year (really don't got more than a feeling)
Old 13 Dec 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3484729)   #261
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I have a strong feeling that we will see a new dane in LMP1 next year (really don't got more than a feeling)
Did he loose out on an F1 drive?
Old 13 Dec 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3484732)   #262
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Did he loose out on an F1 drive?
He's talking about Michael Christensen.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3484733)   #263
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No offence to Michael Christensen (or his fans) but I hope that it's Tandy that gets the LMP1 gig.

I think we're all assuming that Mako has the second seat?
Old 13 Dec 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3484778)   #264
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thats the strongest rumor. Christensen, Mako and Hulk in the third 919.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3484780)   #265
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I'll just post some thoughts from the "List of Porsche Factory/Major Drivers" (mostly mine )
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3484779
Quote:
It's more interesting to see who is not driving, as they won't be a part of the full time TUSCC championship:
Noteably: Patrick Long, Richard Lietz and Michael Christensen.

Christensen is the only one of the three running for a seat in the LMP1 who hasn't got a confirmed seat in any races yet.
Looking more likely that we will have a new dane in LMP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Last I heard Long is doing WEC with Dempsey if he gets an entry. And I guess Lietz will do WEC if Porsche enter a works team with Manthey next year.
Quote:
Well, that only leaves Christensen as the only candidate, by this way of thinking, for the LMP1 seat.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3485020)   #266
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this article, Porsche aren't in any hurry to select Hulkenberg's team mates.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117141
Old 15 Dec 2014, 08:52 (Ref:3485146)   #267
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso tells Spanish press he won't be at Le Mans this year: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/fer...2015-cest-non/

He says he wanted to do it and felt he could commit to both programmes. But that he will definitely do the race some day. I guess the fact that McLaren-Honda seemingly have a mountain to climb can't help.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3485191)   #268
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Alonso tells Spanish press he won't be at Le Mans this year: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/fer...2015-cest-non/

He says he wanted to do it and felt he could commit to both programmes. But that he will definitely do the race some day. I guess the fact that McLaren-Honda seemingly have a mountain to climb can't help.
that's the kind of mountain that alonso uses to climb

Old 15 Dec 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3485221)   #269
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I don't really see what that has to do with anything.

What's cool is that at least two current F1 drivers were aiming to take part in the 24 hours during the F1 season. Only one will actually make it but it's great to see the intent there.

I fully expect to see the F1 calendar target test day next year to try and prevent it.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3485224)   #270
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The first year of a new team/engine/partnership was probably too much to, errrr, climb, but from next year onwards I think the chances of Alonso driving at Le Mans will be much higher - doubly so if McLaren are doing well. I eagerly look forward to seeing it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi
I fully expect to see the F1 calendar target test day next year to try and prevent it.
While I accept the "free engine" explanation for the phantom Korea GP, it still had the handy side-effect of clashing with Spa. I suppose a bit of fiddling could see Monaco or Canada clashing with test day, with the former not only being closer to test day but also making it harder to release drivers.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3485228)   #271
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I'd love to see Alonso at Le Mans, i can't imagine him being allowed to race for Porsche, or Audi because of the conflict of interest with Mclaren or Toyota/Nissan because of the conflict of interest with Honda especially not with the reported 50million euro salary from that team. They own him...I don't see Alonso at Le Mans until he retires.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3485235)   #272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think if they "owned" Alonso these Le Mans negotiations wouldn't have been happening in the first place. 'Player power' often gets talked about in football and those guys get paid obscene amounts.

In Alonso's case I think there is a fair degree of 'driver power' at work.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3485243)   #273
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think the days of really massive salaries are coming to an end, the power of the teams has been increased by the demise of some rivals and the reduced income for the teams from advertising means that drivers demands for cash are not met this does however give them the chance to demand other things and the ability to drive elsewhere when the schedules allow it is one of those things
Old 15 Dec 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3485245)   #274
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only reason these negotiations (Mclaren drive or Le Mans seat) were taking place was because Alonso wanted out of Ferrari. The Le Mans negotiations did not begin after Alonso signed for Mclaren. I think they were simultaneous. Notice that after being confirmed, he changed his tune completely.

I just don't see any F1 driver getting paid 50 million to do whatever he or she pleases. Not under Ron Dennis (although a "changed" man) and not under Honda. As good as Alonso is, he was still in a somewhat needy position. There are no other teams Alonso could have gone too besides Red Bull and Mclaren or leaving F1 entirely but I'm pretty sure he wanted to stay in F1.
Old 28 Dec 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3488251)   #275
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sutil now saying he wants to race Le Mans and name-checking the WEC.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117237

I'm guessing he still has those personal sponsors? He'd be a good guy for Rebellion if they still have a seat open.