Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Apr 2024, 19:45 (Ref:4204391)   #2776
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Don't be surprised if we don't see Team Hard at Croft tomorrow, I understand they are struggling to get the parts to even complete one car. Apparently suppliers are now asking to be paid up front, I can't imagine why.

And don't expect them to be known as 'Team Hard' on the entry list.
Can't they create some sort of Frankenstein from all the shells and bits of Audi, VW and Toyotas they own or have they been repo'ed?
?
Old 9 Apr 2024, 19:49 (Ref:4204393)   #2777
Streethawk
Rookie

Streethawk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't be surprised if we don't see Team Hard at Croft tomorrow, I understand they are struggling to get the parts to even complete one car. Apparently suppliers are now asking to be paid up front, I can't imagine why.

No surprise there then. Apparently only one car entry for them too.
Who in their right mind will work for them when they owe £££££ to staff from last year.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 19:51 (Ref:4204394)   #2778
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I've heard the same, but if you look on LinkedIn their 'Commercial Partnerships' Manager is carrying on as normal, promoting their VIP hospitality and a partnership with a teamwear supplier. I really don't think they even know between them what is going on.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 20:22 (Ref:4204400)   #2779
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I've heard the same, but if you look on LinkedIn their 'Commercial Partnerships' Manager is carrying on as normal, promoting their VIP hospitality and a partnership with a teamwear supplier. I really don't think they even know between them what is going on.
I've had a nosy. Just signed a teamwear deal with Hummel and they list among their clients, the defunct rugby team Wasps. You couldn't make this up.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 20:26 (Ref:4204401)   #2780
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The guy who was doing the hospitality for Hard is now working with Power Maxed, so either he hasn't updated his LinkedIn profile or that's someone else.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 20:35 (Ref:4204402)   #2781
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I've had a nosy. Just signed a teamwear deal with Hummel and they list among their clients, the defunct rugby team Wasps. You couldn't make this up.

I do believe that Wasps is currently being resurrected.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 20:50 (Ref:4204403)   #2782
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The guy who was doing the hospitality for Hard is now working with Power Maxed, so either he hasn't updated his LinkedIn profile or that's someone else.
The Commercial Partnerships profile is run by someone else, he doesn't work full time for the team so I don't think he knows the full situation. The guy who was doing hospitality has gone back into selling cars, and is with PMR at race weekends to accommodate those guests who had already booked with him at HARD.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 21:40 (Ref:4204405)   #2783
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I long thought the BTCC budgets were comparable to that of an F3 season, but maybe those views are skewed somewhat or point toward a different era…?

In any case, those budgets for a single season are eye wateringly high. Anyone have any ideas on what could be realistically done to lower the budget requirements?
F3 budgets are well over BTCC budgets, and have been for decades.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 05:10 (Ref:4204424)   #2784
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Can't they create some sort of Frankenstein from all the shells and bits of Audi, VW and Toyotas they own or have they been repo'ed?
?
All of those cars have been robbed to keep the latest sled running. In the end times up.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 07:09 (Ref:4204429)   #2785
Streethawk
Rookie

Streethawk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Lane Lurker View Post
So….. just to summarise….

Team Hard are running a two car team this year, having not sorted their debt problems at all, and in fact trying to settle a debt by running one of those two cars as a freebie this year.

And we’re expected to believe that ‘lessons have been learned’?!

It’s absolute madness. What could possibly go wrong….

I'll put a fiver on only one car being on the grid. And what staff would go back when they are owed a **** load of wages.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 09:39 (Ref:4204446)   #2786
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Pit Lane Lurker has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Surprise surprise no sign of Deleon on TSL.

Can anyone confirm if they have actually turned up at all? I suspect I know the answer already though.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4204447)   #2787
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn’t look like Restart are there either?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 10:02 (Ref:4204449)   #2788
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Sumpton is definitely there.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4204450)   #2789
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ok, nothing on the timing screen from them yet.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 10:07 (Ref:4204451)   #2790
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Quote:
Ok, nothing on the timing screen from them yet.
Yeah not sure what the deal is or what’s going on - but he posted something on his story so he’s defo at the track.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 10:10 (Ref:4204452)   #2791
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

Are you sure that was not "Sutton"?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 10:24 (Ref:4204454)   #2792
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Are you sure that was not "Sutton"?
https://www.instagram.com/stories/scottsumptonracing/3342986584343918048?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MWQ3eHZvcGZ5Nmp4cQ==

Pretty sure yeah
Old 10 Apr 2024, 11:05 (Ref:4204460)   #2793
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Smiley's just appeared on TSL...
Old 10 Apr 2024, 11:15 (Ref:4204461)   #2794
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wonder what Turkington's black flag was for?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 11:27 (Ref:4204463)   #2795
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm at Croft and Restart are definitely here, looks like very last minute as they still putting the cars together but hoping to be out for afternoon session. Also all 4 of the bmws are here, tho the 4th I staying nice warm n dry under it's cover!
Old 10 Apr 2024, 11:33 (Ref:4204464)   #2796
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would guess that some fairly serious problem has afflicted Ingram's car as he only completed 5 laps and has been in the pits for around an hour and a half.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 12:20 (Ref:4204469)   #2797
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They have been trying to recruit freelance staff on a ''work for us today, we'll pay you in 2 month, arrears'' basis. To which many have laughed and deleted that email.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 13:26 (Ref:4204477)   #2798
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Has Hill stuffed the BMW?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 13:49 (Ref:4204478)   #2799
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
They have been trying to recruit freelance staff on a ''work for us today, we'll pay you in 2 month, arrears'' basis. To which many have laughed and deleted that email.
Tony has had to resort to selling awful bodykitted 4x4s for a company in London as there's no money coming in. Although he was at the recent Brands test trying to buy used parts as no-one will supply him new parts. Sponsors looking shaky as any deal was done based on 2 cars, now there's only 1.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 14:13 (Ref:4204484)   #2800
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tony has had to resort to selling awful bodykitted 4x4s for a company in London as there's no money coming in. Although he was at the recent Brands test trying to buy used parts as no-one will supply him new parts. Sponsors looking shaky as any deal was done based on 2 cars, now there's only 1.
You a former employee?