Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jun 2024, 21:46 (Ref:4211590)   #2801
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am I reading the result right that the #911 Manthey Porsche won the IGTC 'race'?
Old 2 Jun 2024, 22:37 (Ref:4211596)   #2802
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Rowe Racing are throwing their toys out of the pram...

https://sportscar365.com/other-serie...tcome-protest/
FWIW same thing from DSC
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...from-rowe.html

Anything Ferrari can do.

Sounds like they were unlucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Am I reading the result right that the #911 Manthey Porsche won the IGTC 'race'?
Yeah.
https://www.adac-sport.com/52_ADAC_R...sional_NEW.pdf
Old 3 Jun 2024, 04:22 (Ref:4211610)   #2803
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Gambling on an interpretation of the rules doesn't tend to go well. While lessons do need to be learned about how the race was concluded, this is an understandable, but cynical attempt to claim a win.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 09:43 (Ref:4211641)   #2804
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Have to say that I enjoyed what racing there was - some great action and it seemed that the BOP was pretty good with a good mix of manufacturers up at the front throughout rather than domination by one.

I also enjoyed the "young timer" race on Saturday morning, a very eclectic mix of cars out there - lots of "ooh, look at that!" going on

Feel sorry for the teams, fans and marshals though - what did we get? Just over 7 hours of racing in the 24 hours? All the expense and effort to put the event on, all the fans and marshals time and then to lose so much to the weather is really disappointing. It was the correct option 100% but such a shame. Next years race is slightly later in the year so hopefully will get the full 24 hours of racing.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 11:16 (Ref:4211649)   #2805
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ironically as the race was called the fog disappeared.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 11:18 (Ref:4211652)   #2806
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Have to say that I enjoyed what racing there was - some great action and it seemed that the BOP was pretty good with a good mix of manufacturers up at the front throughout rather than domination by one.
Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the race as well. Real shame we didn't get more it as I was really enjoying what we got.

I was also pleased to see the Audi win it as well, didn't expect that and, with the reduction in factory support for the R8 I wonder how competitive it will continue to be in the coming years.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 18:25 (Ref:4211677)   #2807
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed chaps, the racing there is always staggering, some of the footage from Manthey and the Audi was amazing. Did rather enjoy the Pittard/Christodolou interaction as both went into the box after the other, Pittard was not backward in calling him out, rather ironic considering some of the stuff David has done over the years that I have seen! But I guess this is how race drivers are
Old 4 Jun 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4211846)   #2808
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I imagining it or do they seem to have issues with fog rather frequently with this event?
Old 4 Jun 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4211855)   #2809
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Am I imagining it or do they seem to have issues with fog rather frequently with this event?
Pretty much common for the area from what I've seen of weather records and especially late spring
Old 5 Jun 2024, 07:56 (Ref:4211886)   #2810
PhilipR
Veteran

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
it does not help that there are is a big difference in altitude between lowest and highest points on the track resulting in sometimes the lower parts are fog free whilst the high points visibility is at a minimum and vice versa. And then the climate of the area is prone to misting and fogging I believe
Old 5 Jun 2024, 09:01 (Ref:4211895)   #2811
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the race as well. Real shame we didn't get more it as I was really enjoying what we got.

I was also pleased to see the Audi win it as well, didn't expect that and, with the reduction in factory support for the R8 I wonder how competitive it will continue to be in the coming years.
It'll be interesting to see if anyone runs Audi's next year in Pro classes.