Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 May 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3069335)   #276
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Will the same balance of performance measures be effective at Le Mans?
Old 4 May 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3069336)   #277
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I love it, three minutes to go and #3 is already posing in the pits for their pole... nicely orchestrated by Audi to get ther preferred car on top
Because Fassler's sector times meant that he could not take the pole...
Old 4 May 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3069337)   #278
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Also funny to notice how little difference there appears to be before the two Larbres, as the drivers in the #70 can be seen as much more gentleman
Two of them. Belloc though is an experienced pro and they put him in the car for qualifying.
Old 4 May 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3069338)   #279
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes, unless ACO adjusts the cars again after Spa
Old 4 May 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3069339)   #280
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The Timing is frozen for me, after 3 laps for the LMP's. No time listed for #1... I watched the video, so I know where they stand, but just wondered if others have been having issues with Timing. I've closed it, reopened, refreshed etc... still stuck at same spot.

--------------------------

Funny, I post this, and it finally updates. LOL

Last edited by Fogelhund; 4 May 2012 at 14:13.
Old 4 May 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3069343)   #281
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
yes, but ACO may even decide to get still lighter porsche/aston and give more ballast to 458 before le mans.
Masterpiece sandbanging work for audi to avoid bop... is hard to believe that with a depowered 2011 spec r18 TDI they have been able to run 0.7 seconds under the 2011 pole at sebring, while with 2 new and heavily updated cars they've been so accurate to run basicly with the same laptime of 2011 pole.
Old 4 May 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3069344)   #282
slappy2happy87
Rookie

United States
Orange City, Fl
slappy2happy87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was having same issue with live timing and also here in the united states, the live video of q1 was not available in my country. Any way around this I plan on getting up and watching the spa race online live. Why would they blackout the USA?
Old 4 May 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3069348)   #283
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who , in their right mind , put the gentleman driver in the Starworks car to qualify it ?

What were they thinkin !!! And here was me thinking they were being serious about it .
Old 4 May 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3069349)   #284
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
All it tells to me that the Ferrari 458 is the best GT car of the field by a country mile and if all the cars were run to the regulations they were [supposed to be] built to, we would have Audi-esque difference between the prancing horses and the rest of the runners. Corvette would come second, then a big gap and a finally battle between Porsche and Aston for the final spot
Yes, but that is based on the current set of rules . One could easily change the rules to reflect the opposite.
Old 4 May 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3069351)   #285
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
even to put chandock in the JRM hasn't been a good idea when you have better and more lmp experienced drivers... it's not a coincidence that JRM has been more than 2 seconds slower than strakka.
Old 4 May 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3069368)   #286
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what was the weather like?
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 4 May 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3069371)   #287
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
what was the weather like?
Cloudy but dry.
Old 4 May 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3069402)   #288
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Cloudy but dry.
Let's hope it stays that way! Forecast for tomorrow is 10°C and 100% chance of rain
Old 4 May 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3069408)   #289
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Who , in their right mind , put the gentleman driver in the Starworks car to qualify it ?

What were they thinkin !!! And here was me thinking they were being serious about it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
even to put chandock in the JRM hasn't been a good idea when you have better and more lmp experienced drivers... it's not a coincidence that JRM has been more than 2 seconds slower than strakka.
I think a few teams just wanted to give their drivers a bit more track time. That is certainly what was speculated in the case of JRM. It's a six-hour race.
Old 4 May 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3069413)   #290
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Chandook was actually rather quick in Sebring, I guess they have some other issues.
Old 4 May 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3069428)   #291
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Chandook was actually rather quick in Sebring, I guess they have some other issues.
Chandhok reports on twitter they have been focussing on setup for le mans and a quicker pace would easily have been achievable.
Old 4 May 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3069442)   #292
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole position - 2012 Spa 6 Hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0-Eh...eature=g-all-u

impressive stuff from Audi R18 e-tron quattro...

at the end of the vid , is that exhaust fumes coming out?
Old 4 May 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3069468)   #293
tmaier
Rookie

United States
Atlanta GA USA
tmaier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Replay

Is there any way to watch the qualifying or practice replay?
Old 4 May 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3069479)   #294
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it there will be a stream on the WEC website ?
Old 4 May 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3069489)   #295
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I couldnt be happier for AMR ..... it seems they have indeed got a handle on that beast .

Great to see that the car isnt going to be an also ran effort . But I always thought the main effort was taken away and was focused too much on the P1 effort , when maybe they shoulda been with Gt all along ..... unless of course they have a massive budget .

Happy , looks magic , sounds like a dream and excellant drivers too , what more can one ask .
Old 4 May 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3069491)   #296
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
when maybe they shoulda been with Gt all along ..... unless of course they have a massive budget .
Bingo.

The best looking car in Gulf colours currently to boot.

I hope they turn up to my home race.

Speaking of liveries, I wonder if it would look better in BRG like the old GT1 DBR9s. Looks damn good as is.
Old 4 May 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3069492)   #297
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Bingo.

The best looking car in Gulf colours currently to boot.

I hope they turn up to my home race.

Speaking of liveries, I wonder if it would look better in BRG like the old GT1 DBR9s. Looks damn good as is.
The DBR9's looked the best in the BRG colors, so i would imagine the Vantage would too
Old 4 May 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3069497)   #298
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
I take it there will be a stream on the WEC website ?
yes, http://live.fiawec.com/
also on http://www.audi-liveracing.com and full coverage on motorsTV too!
Old 4 May 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3069501)   #299
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would love to be happy for Aston, I really would as the DBR9 was one of my favourite cars ever, but I just can't help to think that the Vantage would be a complete joke and definite bottom runner without those gargantuan BoP breaks. The rear wing looks so damn massive too...

IMSA did especially good job considering that they're only 1,4s slower than GTE-PRO Felbermayr, who are not only running with 2012-spec wider car and factory drivers but also 10kg lighter (recent Porsche adjustment does not apply to GTE-AM)
Old 4 May 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3069509)   #300
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How bad do you guys think Audi is sandbagging?

2.7 seconds from pole to the Rebellion Toyota.