Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Dec 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1477539)   #276
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 cars confirmed already and with at least 3 TD Hondas, it looks almost certain we will have 9 competitive cars on the grid for the first race. I would hope for at 16 at the very minimum but it's only December, it's looking good so far!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1479561)   #277
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Officially confirmed

VX Racing - Vauxhall Astra - Fabrizio Giovanardi
VX Racing - Vauxhall Astra - Tom Chilton
VX Racing - Vauxhall Astra - ?Gavin Smith?
SEAT Sport UK - SEAT Leon - Jason Plato
SEAT Sport UK - SEAT Leon - ?James Thompson/James Pickford?
Team Eurotech - Honda Integra - Mike Jordan

Almost certain but not (yet) official

Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - Matt Neal
Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - Dan Eaves
Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - Gareth Howell
Fast-Tec Motorsport - Honda Civic - Mark Proctor

Likely entries

Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - ?Luke Hines?
Kartworld - MG ZS - Jason Hughes
Synchro - Honda Civic/Accord/Integra - James Kaye
Tech-speed - Vauxhall Astra - Fiona Leggate
Daniels Motorsport - Vauxhall Astra - Andy Neate
??? - SEAT Toledo - Tom Boardman
??? - Honda Integra - Dave Pinkney

I would also like to see Barwell, WSR, Arena and GA return although I doubt we will see most of these, maybe just WSR.

On the subject of Integras, TD have definitely sold 2 but has Dave Pinkney definitely bought one? I personally would love to see James Kaye in one, he could do with a newer car and it would be better than Synchro trying to develop one on their own.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1479574)   #278
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can forget Barwell, they are off to the FIA GT3 Championship with the Aston Martin DBSR9 and from what was said in Motorsport News yesterday they are likely to close down the FBMW and Seat operations.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1479583)   #279
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
What's happening with the Lexuses (Lexi?) that raced last season? Will they be back for more or have they completely vanished off the radar?
Old 8 Dec 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1479639)   #280
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
That's a shame about Barwell - they deserved a better shot in the top class of BTCC than just in 2002, when Slight should have (arguably) been indie champion.

As for HPI Racing, it still remains to be seen what they will do. The team stated earlier this year that they wanted to do a full season in 2006 - 2005 was just a learning year - but so often, teams say this and it never materialises! I would like to see them back, the more the merrier!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1479645)   #281
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Starting to look quite promising, with 10 strong cars already likely or certain, and plenty of posiusbilities to pad out the grid. I think HPI/Friends Reunited are still likely to race, but ITV buying Friends Reunited might remove that sponsorship avenue.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1479666)   #282
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, but as I've been stating on another forum, Jason Porter, who's involved with Speed Equipe, has made £30 million out of it.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1479678)   #283
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
Yeah, but as I've been stating on another forum, Jason Porter, who's involved with Speed Equipe, has made £30 million out of it.
I thought Speed Equipe belonged to Ian Curley? I remember something about his late dad setting it up to run him in Minis then they did Clio's where they got Jason on board as a driver. Did Jaso buy the team or invest in it or is he still driving and bringing funds?
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1479682)   #284
Alfa Fan
Veteran

As far as I know, Jason Porter now owns Speed Equipe. He's definitely in charge of the team.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1479684)   #285
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nope speedequipe is owned by David Older, jason porter is a good friend of David and a massive motorsport fan. Therefore if jason does indeed make £30 me pay put some of his own money into it.

Ian Curley owns Curley fabrication who manufacture and supply various body parts to the team.

Personally i can see them back on the grid as they have the equipment and in the latter half of the season the cvars were proving to be reliable
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1479687)   #286
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I knew the team was part owned by Dave Older as well, but I'm sure Jason has a stake in it. Are you sure that isn't the case? (I'm willing to be shown wrong, just I was pretty sure he was involved)
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1479699)   #287
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the clarification
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1479701)   #288
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unless it has changed over this season AFAIK Jason was just a main sponsor. BTW Alfa fan you probably know me better as reidy-fan on the other forum :-)
Old 8 Dec 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1479742)   #289
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF
Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - Matt Neal
Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - Dan Eaves
Team Dynamics - Honda Integra - Gareth Howell
No JAS Accord(s)?
Old 8 Dec 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1479768)   #290
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not from td - matt neal has said they're running integras next year
Old 8 Dec 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1479794)   #291
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Could be that Howell and Hines are asked to do development work on Accord Euro-Rs during the season?
Old 8 Dec 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1479850)   #292
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I doubt it, they will probably just concentrate on running the Integra for 2006. And seeing as they won't be able to run it in 2007, they might as well maximise its use, considering all the effort they put into developing and building it in the first place.

Then after this season, they can decide what to do for 2007. I could see them running Accords then but why change from something so successful when it still has so much potential? Don't try and fix it if it's not broken!
Old 12 Dec 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1482336)   #293
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Kaye to use new Civic in 2006?
Old 13 Dec 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1483306)   #294
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies if this has been asked already but does Chilton's Vauxhall drive rule out any more sportscar races? It would be a shame if it does.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1483314)   #295
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont think its been asked, had a look on his site, it doesnt rule out future lmes or alms drives

"The news that Tom has signed for Vauxhall means he will contest every round of the BTCC in 2006. He will also be aiming to get more sportscar outings where commitments allow.

" Obviously my priority will be the BTCC. Vauxhall are paying me to do a job and that job is to help bring back the Manufacturers' title. Hopefully I will also get more races in the Le Mans series either in Europe or America where I can. The dates appear to rule out Le Mans itself as it clashes with a round of the BTCC which is a shame, I will look at other opportunities and get some more experience, but only if it fits in with my Vauxhall program."
Old 13 Dec 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1483335)   #296
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't think we will see him back in a LMP next season.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1488408)   #297
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the official site:

Jason Hughes is buying the two DPM contended MG-ZS's and will drive one next year. It also says the 4-cylinder Judd is being put into his previously V6 powered car, so that's probably going to someone too.

WSR will provide assistance as usual to Kartworld racing in a full season programme in 2006.

It also looks like SpeedEquipe are still planning to run the Lexus again next year, since they're still developing the car and are impressed with the speed gain by shifting 70kg from the car.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1488412)   #298
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
As I understand it the penalty does apply to the driver not the car. "to penalise cars" simply means that it's the car that it fitted with the ballast rather than the driver having to carry lead weights in his pockets.
It's been since clarified on the Gow forum that it is car, so Thompson can alternate all year if he wants without issue. (They could always put the fill in 2nd driver in a 3rd 'penalised' car:0)

Surprising rule.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1488639)   #299
sharpy
Racer

United Kingdom
Newcastle
sharpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2 MG's which Jason Hughes is going to buy, does anyone know what spec they are going to run to next year?

I've seen these for sale and looking at the picture's of the cars and they have a smaller rear wing more like what the WTCC spec cars use.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/cars/d...id=28902&cat=0 - link to advert
Old 22 Dec 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1488691)   #300
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
They were originally BTCC cars, down-spec'ed to be equivilent to S2000 (WTCC) performance. The DPM was supposed to be S2000 only but allowed them in as an execption. Aside from the rear wing there's actually not that much difference to how they were originally built.

I suspect TOCA will not allow them to run as S2000 and will need to be converted back to BTCC spec.