Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2742361)   #301
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
JAF announced the technical regulations of JAF-GT500 in 2012!
The point is three.
1)It became possible to make 4door vehicle a base vehicle.
2)The use of the energy recovery system is admitted.
3)The update of aerodynamic parts during the season is prohibited.

http://www.jaf.or.jp/msports/msinfo/...ms_news201.pdf
Old 10 Aug 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2742602)   #302
BBSB
Racer

Spain
BBSB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but it's not mandatory to use a 4 door car, no?

You can bet your head they will put restrictions like F1 did with KERS

3)The update of aerodynamic parts during the season is prohibited
I hope you read that wrong! OMG they are ruining this great racing series
Old 10 Aug 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2742608)   #303
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSB View Post

Please send your letters of complaint to

ITR e.V.
Presse- & Öffentlichkeitsarbeit

DTM und Formel 3 Euro Serie
Blumenstraße 4
D-65189 Wiesbaden

Telefon: +49 611 3411770
Telefax: +49 611 3411777
Email: media@dtm.com

The four-door and no-updates rules are definitely directed towards accomodating DTM-cars in GT500. Four-door is pretty self-explanatory and as there are no mid-season updates allowed in DTM, they have to ban them in SGT to make sure that the DTM-cars stay competitive.

Damnit, I hoped DTM would become more like Super GT through this deal, not the other way around...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2742703)   #304
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Super GT was already on that way with the carbon tubbed cars(only the roof and A pillars had to be stock-derived) and the 3.4 purpose built racing engines instead of the 4.5 stock block engines. The Nissan VK 45 was the last stock block engine in the series, and Nissan had to get a waiver to run it last year.

DTM cars are carbon tubbed and have 4.0 V8 purpose built race engines. The similarities were already there if you knew where to look. The only thing that the GT500 cars are missing are the full carbon tub, 4.0 V8s and swan neck/quillar wing mounts that DTM cars have, and DTM cars need only a larger air restrictor to make 500 hp, as they're already making like 470-480.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2742724)   #305
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all. May I ask questions?

For the cars in the GT300 class, particularily the Aston Martin, Porsches, Lambos, Mosler, and Ferraris, what modifications have been done to get them to fit into the class requirements?

For the other cars in the same class, like the RX7, Z, and sedans, let's think about if they were in Europe? What GT class would they be the closest to in development/performance?

Same goes for the GT500 class. What level of Sports car performance (mainly Europe) would they be the closest to?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2742735)   #306
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
GT350 cars are I believe slower than GT2 and many GT3 cars because of low engine power and draggy HD aero packages.

GT500 cars are basically almost LMP2 cars with silouette production car bodies on them. The big engined (4.5 V8) GT500 cars were nearly as fast as non-diesel LMP1 cars at some tracks through 2008.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2742738)   #307
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The only thing that the GT500 cars are missing are the full carbon tub, 4.0 V8s and swan neck/quillar wing mounts that DTM cars have, and DTM cars need only a larger air restrictor to make 500 hp, as they're already making like 470-480.
DTM cars don't have a full carbon tub. They use a combination of a carbon tub and a roll cage.

Super GT cars have superior aerodynamics (huge rear wing and big diffusers). So why would they need the "swan neck wing mounts"? I really hope DTM gets ride of the stupid small and fragile winglets that are needed to produce some decent downforce.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2742741)   #308
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow....GT300 cars slower than GT3 cars? I can't believe that, nor can I believe how fast the GT500 cars are. Maybe they could beat some LMP2 cars at Le Mans?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2742746)   #309
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Wow....GT300 cars slower than GT3 cars?
GT3 is nearasmakesnodifference as fast as GT, and just judging from qualifying times at Okayama from last years AsLMS race, GT2 cars are about half a second faster than GT300-cars. So they'd probably fit right in with the GT3-crowd.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2742756)   #310
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
DTM cars don't have a full carbon tub. They use a combination of a carbon tub and a roll cage.

Super GT cars have superior aerodynamics (huge rear wing and big diffusers). So why would they need the "swan neck wing mounts"? I really hope DTM gets ride of the stupid small and fragile winglets that are needed to produce some decent downforce.
DTM cars have nose diffusers, tail diffusers and a flat center section like Super GT cars and the old LMP900 and LMP675 cars had. Hell, the "nose flap" twin deck front diffuser from the original Audi R15 has its roots in the Audi A4 R14 DTM car.

DTM cars have narrow chord multi-element rear wings like current LMP cars have, hence the quillar wing mounts like what the Audi R15 and the Acura ARX-02 and the Acura/HPD ARX-01C have. GT500 cars have broad chord wings like what GT1 cars used to have.

And why not say that DTM cars have "full carbon tubs" the main chassis of the car is a carbon tub not too far removed from what the Audi LMP cars use, though it's closer to what the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes CLK-GTR had. Those cars had "full" carbon tubs with roll cages. Even the Peugeot 905 had a "full" carbon tub with a steel roll cage built into the roof section.

Both DTM and GT500 cars are basically LMP2 cars with faux-road car bodies on them.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2742769)   #311
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSB View Post

1. I freakin hope not-one of the attractions of SuperGT is the beautiful coupes that race in it-GT300 Subaru is an exception and its only one car out of 30 or so so thats ok

2. Very interesting..

3.I dont think they should ban updates, just make it a certain number of updates.

I'm all for the Germans racing in Super GT and vice versa but I fear the Super GT I follow will not be the Super GT I love......
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2742775)   #312
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
I freakin hope not-one of the attractions of SuperGT is the beautiful coupes that race in it-GT300 Subaru is an exception and its only one car out of 30 or so so thats ok
The Toyota-Silhouettes in GT300 are four doors also...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2742780)   #313
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The Toyota-Silhouettes in GT300 are four doors also...
Doh! Forgot about those!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2742996)   #314
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
AUTOSPORT reported the VRH34A engine of Nissan.
Externals of the engine are almost the same as the VK45 engine.
However, the contents are different things.
Nismo bought the IRL engine of Cosworth as a study model.
Actually, Cosworth parts are used for the VRH34A engine.
However, NISMO originally developed this engine.
TOMEI Powered takes charge of the supply of this engine.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2743050)   #315
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Provisional 2011 Super GT calendar
R1 4/2-3 Okayama
R2 4/30-5/1 Fuji
R3 6/18-19 Sepang
R4 7/30-31 SUGO
R5 8/20-21 Suzuka
R6 9/10-11 Fuji
R7 10/1-2 AUTOPOLIS
R8 10/15-16 Motegi
Special round 11/12-13 Fuji
Could this race support the Le Mans Fuji 1000km?
Old 11 Aug 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2743054)   #316
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Could this race support the Le Mans Fuji 1000km?
No, it is all-star race of S-GT and Formula Nippon.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2743282)   #317
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
No, it is all-star race of S-GT and Formula Nippon.
I remember reading about this somewhere, one of the races involves past legends of JGTC/SGT in a Legend Cup driving the same car-I think its a Mazda?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 03:19 (Ref:2743344)   #318
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I remember reading about this somewhere, one of the races involves past legends of JGTC/SGT in a Legend Cup driving the same car-I think its a Mazda?
Yes, it is a support race of this year's JAF Sprint cup.
Legend Drivers drive MX-5.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 03:53 (Ref:2743349)   #319
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Yes, it is a support race of this year's JAF Sprint cup.
Legend Drivers drive MX-5.
MX-5? This should be interesting
Old 12 Aug 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2743837)   #320
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only thing that the GT500 cars are missing are the full carbon tub, 4.0 V8s

GT500 cars currently use CF tubs. If i'm not mistaken it is mandatory from this year or last.

Also, it would be senseless for GT500 to change their 3.4s as they are homologated w/ FN engines and conform to 2011 LeMans rules IIRC.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2743859)   #321
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
GT500s still have to use the stock roof and A-pillars, and those are basically the only production sourced parts on the cars' chassis.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 01:02 (Ref:2743862)   #322
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
GT500s still have to use the stock roof and A-pillars, and those are basically the only production sourced parts on the cars' chassis.
I remember reading an interview with one of the Nismo engineers and they asked him this question about stock parts in the GT500 Z, his answer was "the roof and the badges" . Not sure about anything else.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2746445)   #323
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm curious, what ever happens to the prev season cars etc?? Or what happens to those not raced in the series itself?? do they get sold off or anything???? I dont think i've ever seen one come up for sale anywhere etc.. do they all stay in Japan, get crushed?? what???
Old 18 Aug 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2746519)   #324
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
They do not sell GT500 cars.
It is because a secret technology is concealed in the machine.
Actually, Honda is not yet clarifying the monocoque structure(Hybrid monocoque of CFRP and aluminum?) of 2007 NSX-GT.
Honda owns the collection hall in Motegi circuit.
http://world.honda.com/collection-hall/
Old 18 Aug 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2746595)   #325
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dome build the NSX, I've seen them under construction at Motegi. There are quite a few misconceptions about the cars on this thread. I suggest reading the piece here on the cars.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...the-world.html