Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1092896)   #301
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me, or can anyone else get the highlight packages from today to appear on V8 Broadband? Id love to catch what I missed while I was at EC.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1092900)   #302
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have a look rd.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1092904)   #303
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When MF asked him about what he though of the V8's, Bernie E shut him down big time. He essentially treated the line of questioning (and questioner) the same way that we would treat dog **** on our shoes. MF was fairly roundly condemned for that.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:53 (Ref:1092905)   #304
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why test it on a V8 Tourer instead of a road car if it was for "commercial purposes outside of motor racing"
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1092924)   #305
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a look rdm, but I couldn't find anything from today.
If someone else can access it please let us know.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1092926)   #306
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
As I said in an earlier post, it just does not add up. If you want to do drag testing, you need a lower powered, smooth shape that will show up differences easily. I do not believe that a V8 would fit the bill, unless it was being tested specifically for the V8.

Also, I believe that if TD had approached TEGA/AVESCO and said that they had a company that wanted to use a V8 to do aero testing on, then they most likely would have been able to get permission to do so, especially if it was properly observed by officials. There may have been trade offs, such as tyres and drivers used, but I believe that it could have happened.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1092929)   #307
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Cheers Kerri, I hope its not going to get too heavily edited. Cant blame Foges for asking the questions we all want the answers for?? (Im guessing this is what is regarded as giving Mr Wills a hard time)
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1092931)   #308
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
1200, there is quite a bit more to this than meets the eye.
I understand that the majority of us look at it from the V8/Avesco/Tega/Cams point of view, but there is another side to this whole debacle.
But we will have to wait for another few weeks, not only for the CAMS outcome, but for the company involved to announce exactly what they were testing. BUT realistically, if they were testing something they didn't want anyone to know about, why would they tell anyone until the patent has been approved and the item is readily available on the market????????
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1092945)   #309
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
The details of the product did not have to be released, all that was needed was for there to be open conversation with TEGA/Avesco prior to the event taking place, along the line of TEGA - we have a company that wants to use a V8 Supercar to test a new product that they have developed, we want to be involved, however, to avoid breaching the testing rules, we will do the testing in a straight line only, using non control tyres, and a different driver so that we do not gain any advantage. We welcome TEGA/Avesco to sent a representative to observe the testing.

What would have been the worst that could happen, a No answer, none of these hearings that we have now.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 23:48 (Ref:1093343)   #310
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
update............................................

Quote:
Originally posted by 1200Datto27
The details of the product did not have to be released, all that was needed was for there to be open conversation with TEGA/Avesco prior to the event taking place, along the line of TEGA - we have a company that wants to use a V8 Supercar to test a new product that they have developed, we want to be involved, however, to avoid breaching the testing rules, we will do the testing in a straight line only, using non control tyres, and a different driver so that we do not gain any advantage. We welcome TEGA/Avesco to sent a representative to observe the testing.

What would have been the worst that could happen, a No answer, none of these hearings that we have now.
Mr Wills said the reason they used a v8 supercar was that they had known data and parameters to compare the improvements with.

If this patented thing they tested doesn't bear fruit Mr Wills is gunna have some egg on his face.

For me I would be more worried about them going to the Monash wind tunnel than Woomera. I know from watching NASCAR that there are gains to be made in a wind tunnel.

Last edited by retro; 11 Sep 2004 at 23:49.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 00:26 (Ref:1093357)   #311
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they needed known data, talk to AVESCO and TEGA and agree to utilise a Konica car of a previous genre. How many teams would have AU/VX data that would give the same ultimate outcome?

The penalties weren't harsh enough given the lengths that were gone to to keep the conspiracy quiet, covered, and out of the public eye.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1093959)   #312
F|sh
Racer

F|sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if wills went to avesco/tega to gain permission regarding secret thingamajigger they would of wanted huge cash to be able to do the testing and want part in the patent therefor killing said thingamajigger before it got off the ground.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1094000)   #313
clarkey
Rookie

clarkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamik got exactly what they deserved today. What a high class outfit they have been this year. Remember this one. "If we don't win races this year i will sack myself!"... Goodbye Mr Wills.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1094004)   #314
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After hearing TD's excuses I saw pink pigs flying past my window!

The fit between TD and their new sponsor is perfect!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 23:33 (Ref:1094532)   #315
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bathurst77
Mark Fogarty, editor of Auto Action. has been motor journo and has been covering motor sport both in oz and overseas since the 70s.
I guess he has been around a bit so has the right to speak up.

Basically he didnt seem to believe Wills story at all.
Mr Fogarty also happens to work rather heavily and closely with AVESCO who are on a witchhunt against TD due to the amount of ruckus they caused pre-hearing. AVESCO are the ones who look silly at the moment because they allowed this to become a huge debacle in the media before it even went before the stewards and they knew the whole story.

CAMS official statement on the matter once the fine was handed down stated that they found no evidence that the test was an intentional breach of the rules - but TD were fined for intentionally breaking rules??

Also, they were fined for not having decals (sponsorship showing) on their transporter (rules state that any transport vehicle carrying a V8 supercar must have signage stating v8 supercar &/or sponsorship) BUT, did anyone notice that there was another team on Friday @ the track that had NO signage at all on their transporter... but suspiciously Saturday morning someone had slapped V8 supercar stickers - the lovely orange & black series ones - all over it...

It seems that AVESCO are trying to use TD as an example in any way possible but are struggling to make their stand.

Does anyone remember the cases where SBR and other teams have been blackbanned in the past because of ECUs or something or other being found wrong on their cars, and AVESCO have blown it out of proportion and they were to lose all their points and what not... then as soon as it goes to the CAMS Tribunal - a totally separate panel of judges who have nothing to do with AVESCO and purely hear the facts and figures - all of a sudden SBR and other teams who've been in this situation have been cleared...

AVESCO love to witchhunt teams and love to make "examples" of teams but it seems that they are always made out to have exaggerated things.

If I was part of Team Dynamik i'd be pretty peeved off at AVESCOs approach to it all, for an organisation which is there to protect its entrants and the series, they're not doing much to support the people who pay their wages and give them jobs.

I'm looking forward to hearing further outcomes once this reappears before the CAMS board... not AVESCO and co.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1094545)   #316
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
...........If I was part of Team Dynamik i'd be pretty peeved off at AVESCOs approach to it all............
If I was part of Team Dynamik i'd be hiding in shame, or looking for a new job.

Maybe three phone calls would have been all it would have taken in order to get this mess straightened out prior to the event happening. Next we will be hearing that Oscar and Kieran have a learning dissability and cant read properly.

Did Foges ask at the press conference "WAT you talkin Bout Wills" Gary Coleman style?

Last edited by rdmdog; 12 Sep 2004 at 23:51.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 00:15 (Ref:1094562)   #317
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
I dont work for TD but I am a fan, and I believe that there are a few people out there who are being quite nasty when they really should back off.

We've seen in the past times when people have over exaggerated situations and apart from being blatantly rude to the teams who are trying to get jobs done, it is unfair for fans like us who try to support their teams and want a fair trial for all.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 01:17 (Ref:1094580)   #318
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to today's paper they are saying it's all about a new/old computer racing simulation where you need known parameters to set up the software. It was originally a Formula 1 invention.

Some of the other teams already have it. An expert on this software was at Woomera.

So wether this was for the general public or for the team itself or for the software company we are yet to find out.

Does anyone know the name of the software.
edit:- Techo I am thinking you might know this???

Last edited by retro; 13 Sep 2004 at 01:19.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 01:27 (Ref:1094583)   #319
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
UMMMMMM, interesting:confused: :confused:
Old 13 Sep 2004, 01:30 (Ref:1094584)   #320
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Meant to add this :- that once the software has all the known parameters entered the computer can give set ups for all the various tracks you go to.

Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:58 (Ref:1094623)   #321
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
So now it is software, wasn't it a paint treatment being trialed for NASA last week?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 03:02 (Ref:1094627)   #322
Trevor P
Racer

Trevor P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dynamik gal
Well, Team Dynamic have certainly given AVESCO another target to witchhunt, haven't they? I do feel sorry for Team Dynamic's loyal fans. It's a bit like Liberal voters who would never believe that Mr Howard would ever tell porkies. There must be incredible commercial pressures on V8 teams, but I think it is impossible to believe that TD had no inkling that they were doing anything wrong. As for other teams' transporters, two wongs don't make a white (plain unstickered) transporter.

Last edited by Trevor P; 13 Sep 2004 at 03:02.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 05:44 (Ref:1094685)   #323
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
As I see it, AVESCO/TEGA & TD have different stories and one has been pushing hard in the media, gaining a heap of coverage for their sport at the expense of the other.

Because TD are a relatively new team, with no large profile, it seems to me that it’s the perfect fit for them to be “made an example of” and for AVESCO to try gain some credibility back, plus with a lot of much sort after press exposure.

They have stumbled across what they thought was a potentially illegal act and prematurely blew it into a massive scandal stating the worst without even going into the hearing to find out all the facts from the other party.

Mr Wills has dug his toes in as anyone rightfully would and it has become a messy issue that didn’t need to come to this.

One went through the media using its sources in the press and tv but then found its foe is putting up a strong resistance, which has now put them (AVESCO) in a difficult position.

There is ALWAYS two sides, and most have sided with the one that has created so much controversy in the past…

After all, have TD actually competed in a race with a car that had illegal engine components, illegal suspension, or illegal electronics? No.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:00 (Ref:1094690)   #324
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have they made a mockery of the rules regarding testing!

If you do something wrong and make and get caught, of course one is going to use excuses, be they real or fictional. Of course there are two sides to every story, and one will support the side of their team, and fair enough. People will continue to talk about Team Dynamik, SBR, Perkins, GRM etc until the cows come home. It's a fact of life. If you don't want to be suspected of cheating, then don't do it, or do it so that you don't get caught!

The testing rules have been around since before Team Dynamik, and one could assume that Team Dynamik know of their existance. If they choose to ignore the rules they should be man enough to take the penalty.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:33 (Ref:1094708)   #325
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
If it was that clear cut that they cheated then why did CAMS take so long in the hearing - even with the huge pressure from AVESCO??