Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3114641)   #301
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe Saward has added his twopence worth to the Massa debate.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...econd-ferrari/

At the moment I expect Massa to be at Ferrari 2013 but!!!!!!!
Old 1 Aug 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3114723)   #302
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I said that several pages ago... just go and check it !
Old 16 Aug 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3120784)   #303
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa "knows what he has to do" to keep his Ferrari drive according to Domenicali.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101803

No real surprise there then but who will replace him, Perez has been ruled out due to inexperience, the same could apply to Hulkenberg, Grosjean, Di Resta & Bianchi.
Hamilton & Alonso = fireworks.
Button, Vettel & Rosberg would cost arms and legs for their contracts to be bought out.
Raikkonen has history there and would not make sense to go back.
That leaves Kovalinen, Kobayashi & Sutil with the latter's problems I cannot see him going there. Kobayashi has never been really been mentioned as a possible but ....

That leaves Kovalinen as the most likely but would he be able to perform in Alonso's team?
Old 16 Aug 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3120787)   #304
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kovalainen seems to be the obvious 'shoe-in', and he's making a lot of noises about not necessarily staying at Caterham for much longer.

I would go with Kovalainen, 100% But let's see if Massa can up his game a little bit. He's obviously been given a target, and facial expressions might tell all.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3120803)   #305
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
set, ready, go !
Old 16 Aug 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3120807)   #306
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Kovalainen seems to be the obvious 'shoe-in'.
Would this be the same Kovalainen that failed at, and got booted out from, McLaren?
Old 16 Aug 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3120808)   #307
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think the top teams will be wary of Kovy given how dismally he performed at McLaren.

Just because someone is stellar in a rubbish car doesn't mean they'll be championship material in a good one. Fisi - case in point. Heikki strikes me as that kind of driver.

It has to be Perez alongside Alonso next year.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3120813)   #308
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Then again there is a current driver who is out of contract at the end of the season who has lots of experience, won lots of GP's and most of those at Ferrari.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3120828)   #309
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
No chance!
Old 16 Aug 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3120886)   #310
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Then again there is a current driver who is out of contract at the end of the season who has lots of experience, won lots of GP's and most of those at Ferrari.
Tell Luca that !
Old 17 Aug 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3120904)   #311
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you mean Barrichello?
Old 17 Aug 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3120921)   #312
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Would this be the same Kovalainen that failed at, and got booted out from, McLaren?
It would be the same one, but he's much improved now.

Wouldn't it be ridiculous if he out-drove Alonso?
Old 17 Aug 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3120992)   #313
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It would be the same one, but he's much improved now.

Wouldn't it be ridiculous if he out-drove Alonso?
Yeah right, him and Karthekeyan!

Fire Alonso and Massa immediately and employ them both!

Pigs might!
Old 17 Aug 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3121020)   #314
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
Do you mean Barrichello?
No the one at MB currently.
Old 17 Aug 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3121059)   #315
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
No chance!
Quote:
No the one at MB currently.
Exactly. No chance.
Old 17 Aug 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3121157)   #316
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I think there is every chance with Mercedes thinking of scaling back. Schumi not as he used to be, without Goodyear but would partner Alonso well, certainly wouldnt outclass him, but add focus and feedback to a dog of a car
Old 17 Aug 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3121194)   #317
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I think there is every chance with Mercedes thinking of scaling back. Schumi not as he used to be, without Goodyear but would partner Alonso well, certainly wouldnt outclass him, but add focus and feedback to a dog of a car
Are you suggesting what i think you are? Schumacher to Ferrari ????

No way. He can't match Rosberg, do you think he'd willingly put himself up against Alonso ?
Old 17 Aug 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3121204)   #318
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's more than matching Rosberg now. Actually, it wouldn't happen, but he'd be a great team-mate to Alonso and perfect for Ferrari.

He won't go there and yet he should if he got offered the chance because being beaten by Alonso has even less shame than being beaten by Rosberg.
Old 17 Aug 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3121214)   #319
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
He's more than matching Rosberg now. Actually, it wouldn't happen, but he'd be a great team-mate to Alonso and perfect for Ferrari.

He won't go there and yet he should if he got offered the chance because being beaten by Alonso has even less shame than being beaten by Rosberg.
But Michaels not going to put himself in a position where its guarenteed that he's going to be beaten by his team mate, no shame or not !
Old 17 Aug 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3121217)   #320
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I wonder how people still doesn't "know" TGF, it's all good when you see it in a ideal world, but the truth is ugly.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3121351)   #321
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I wonder how people still doesn't "know" TGF, it's all good when you see it in a ideal world, but the truth is ugly.
I was never an MS fan, but there is nothing "ugly" about getting up off your couch (in your £30 million Swiss castle with a lake and a perfect family) and say "I have nothing to win, everything to lose -including the almighty status that came with 7 WDC titles- but I love F1, this is where my heart is at, this is what I do"

He came back to do this, kept his cool during the hardest bits when people like Stirling Moss, Martin Brundle and DC ... 3 people with zero titles combined ... were talking trash of him, everybody seemed to have turned away from him, he was rusty and even the car failed constantly, and he is still out there, professional as ever, slowly but surely getting the upper hand on Rosberg and moving forward at the age of 43.

That is the utmost passion, respect and love for this sport to have and a huge inspiration for me. Personally I dont see anything "ugly" about it.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3121354)   #322
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
I was never an MS fan, but there is nothing "ugly" about getting up off your couch (in your £30 million Swiss castle with a lake and a perfect family) and say "I have nothing to win, everything to lose -including the almighty status that came with 7 WDC titles- but I love F1, this is where my heart is at, this is what I do"

He came back to do this, kept his cool during the hardest bits when people like Stirling Moss, Martin Brundle and DC ... 3 people with zero titles combined ... were talking trash of him, everybody seemed to have turned away from him, he was rusty and even the car failed constantly, and he is still out there, professional as ever, slowly but surely getting the upper hand on Rosberg and moving forward at the age of 43.

That is the utmost passion, respect and love for this sport to have and a huge inspiration for me. Personally I dont see anything "ugly" about it.
Michael didn't come back to make up the numbers, he came back to win (he said so himself in an interview with DC), playing number 2 to Alonso at Ferrari is not something that he'd contemplate, imho.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3121361)   #323
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Michael didn't come back to make up the numbers, he came back to win (he said so himself in an interview with DC), playing number 2 to Alonso at Ferrari is not something that he'd contemplate, imho.
I think the whole MS to Ferrari post was just a goof to start with and I wouldnt for a second take it seriously anyway. I was just saying there is nothing ugly to me about MS' second carrier, if anything, it is a huge inspiration, thats all.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3121496)   #324
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:

The ugly truth I am talking about is that he'll never go back to Ferrari. You should read my post again and the others above before posting.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3121498)   #325
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
I think the whole MS to Ferrari post was just a goof to start with and I wouldnt for a second take it seriously anyway. I was just saying there is nothing ugly to me about MS' second carrier, if anything, it is a huge inspiration, thats all.
Again, you should read my post in the context of what was posted before.

I don't even consider that TGF has a seconf "carrier", if that's what you meant was career.
For me it's all one and only.