Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2024, 18:17 (Ref:4218139)   #3351
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes the C4 coverage was good and they seem to have presenters that people like, pity Sky can not sack the bunch they have and take Mark, David and Billy as a team
Yes, CH4 coverage was very good. I hope Mark, David etc don't go to Sky. They are the best and CH4 need them to maintain the interest in the sport.
Old 7 Jul 2024, 19:23 (Ref:4218187)   #3352
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ch 4 coverage first class. Great we had all the sessions and a full afternoon coverage. Even the ad breaks seemed relatively short.
Old 8 Jul 2024, 06:40 (Ref:4218243)   #3353
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the live C4 coverage too (although I did record it so I could time-shift straight to the race start - oh, and not miss a pub lunch!). One thing that struck me though is Mark Webber's attitude during most of the group conversations he was involved in. Not always, but most of the time when anyone else is talking he just glumly stands there staring into space looking totally disinterested in what his fellow presenters are saying. I'm not sure if this is something that he's just started doing or how he's always been, I'll have to pay more attention. He's always good for a pithy comment and I loved what he said when reviewing Verstappen's off at Copse during qualifying: (along the lines of) "Well, he's not going to have been alone in his underpants when that happened, a real scary moment!"
Old 8 Jul 2024, 07:15 (Ref:4218244)   #3354
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Lazenby at the start and then Croft’s continual England Netherlands references were pathetic.

I don’t often say it, but Croft spoiled the coverage of a race that had everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've come to realise that Croft's presence as a commentator is actually a unifying force for us as fans.
I watched the race some hours after it ran and even though I knew the result, it was still riveting - but definitely spoiled by Croft. found myself yelling at the TV on more than one occasion. He really is a classless buffoon at times.
Old 8 Jul 2024, 09:54 (Ref:4218258)   #3355
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Ch 4 coverage first class. Great we had all the sessions and a full afternoon coverage. Even the ad breaks seemed relatively short.
I know I have criticised Ch4 coverage over the years, mainly for the ad breaks as there seems too many. But on the showing of this years BGP it was excellent, very few ad breaks and short ones. If only they could afford to take over from Sky, from what I have seen/read about their coverage, it would be far better.
Old 8 Jul 2024, 10:21 (Ref:4218263)   #3356
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But unfortunately C4 can not match sky money and F1 only like money not quality coverage
Old 8 Jul 2024, 12:05 (Ref:4218271)   #3357
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But unfortunately C4 can not match sky money and F1 only like money not quality coverage
I agree with you. Shame really.
Old 9 Jul 2024, 22:23 (Ref:4218440)   #3358
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've come to realise that Croft's presence as a commentator is actually a unifying force for us as fans.
Well put indeed!!
Old 10 Jul 2024, 22:07 (Ref:4218532)   #3359
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
His presence is one of the single main reasons I do not watch the sport anymore, it is that offputting, and for my sins I have written to SKY with that very reason.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4218784)   #3360
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Does Croft have some dirt on some sky execs?? Cannot think why he is retained otherwise.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 08:36 (Ref:4218786)   #3361
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Does Croft have some dirt on some sky execs?? Cannot think why he is retained otherwise.

Or possibly he comes so cheap that SKY either couldn't afford to replace him or aren't able to find anyone else that requires so little recompense.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4218788)   #3362
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Or possibly he comes so cheap that SKY either couldn't afford to replace him or aren't able to find anyone else that requires so little recompense.
Could be... although someome with such levels of self assuredness must surely come with a similarly over inflated fee...
Old 13 Jul 2024, 08:43 (Ref:4218789)   #3363
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
He is ex BBC, so I doubt he is cheap, I would imagine his salary is circa 250k or something, clearly wanted to stop or slow down as he is not doing as many races, probably taking a pay cut. And the vast majority of pundits and commentators are self employed so he will be on a deal for so many races now I would think. Same as Brundle, you get to a position where you can demand terms more (in what world can this idiot do this, facepalm)

He does hock himself out to just about any advertiser who wants him. And does shows etc off season. Another reason to NEVER go to the NEC again.

My sorrow is that because of the success of F1, most sporting tv companies seem to think this idiot is part of the reason so often get their commentators to do the same. ie shouting.

There is nothing more embarrassing than some 25 year old kid shouting into a microphone while probably sitting at home as he live comms an Italian F3 stream watched by 500 people!

It seriously happens more than you can imagine in just about any live comms Motorsport and this cretin is largely responsible
Old 13 Jul 2024, 12:05 (Ref:4218799)   #3364
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Crofty has been around a long time. He probably needs to take a step back. He seems to be putting it on a lot. Brundle is still good though

Crofty has been good on occasion, but he seems to be getting worse. There’s plenty of other commentators out there, although they are probably busy with other series
Old 21 Jul 2024, 11:28 (Ref:4220029)   #3365
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good grief just happened to stumble on Teds Notebook - something I actively avoid! What a load of waffle - desperate to bump into someone ( mechanic or Chef) that might speak to him. 30 mins of airtime where he has to keep talking ……
Old 21 Jul 2024, 11:32 (Ref:4220031)   #3366
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You spent a lot of time watching something you actively avoid.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 12:07 (Ref:4220034)   #3367
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kravitz really is the wekest link in the Sky coverage team, he adds nothing to the coverage and obviously lacks credibility when doing pre arranged interviews.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 12:23 (Ref:4220037)   #3368
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You spent a lot of time watching something you actively avoid.
Fair point 3 mins of life gone forever
Old 21 Jul 2024, 13:05 (Ref:4220041)   #3369
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wrong thread.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 21 Jul 2024 at 13:15. Reason: Wrong thread.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:20 (Ref:4220089)   #3370
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While Mr Rosberg chose to tell Mr Stella how to manage his team and drivers..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4220091)   #3371
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
While Mr Rosberg chose to tell Mr Stella how to manage his team and drivers..

As Simon Lazenby said, maybe he's after a job.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 00:21 (Ref:4220189)   #3372
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
I wonder who felt the more awkward, Rosberg or Hamilton during the race interview?
Old 22 Jul 2024, 01:32 (Ref:4220192)   #3373
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Probably neither considering their 'beef' was finished 8 years ago
Old 24 Aug 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4223666)   #3374
EastonNeston
Veteran

the pit lane reporting so far this weekend, by Bernie Collins, has been excellent, very professional and informed.

Sky would do well to let her fill the role for every race.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4223667)   #3375
EastonNeston
Veteran

the pit lane reporting so far this weekend, by Bernie Collins, has been excellent, very professional and informed.

Sky would do well to let her fill the role for every race.

Tags
pinks