Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2024, 04:31 (Ref:4223700)   #3376
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some of the stuff with Rachel Brooks had been painful to listen to and watch.

The 'news' piece was both amateurish and a waste of an opportunity to cover things properly.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 04:58 (Ref:4223706)   #3377
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
the pit lane reporting so far this weekend, by Bernie Collins, has been excellent, very professional and informed.

Sky would do well to let her fill the role for every race.
Agree - she's a gem and keeps it professional, accurate and on point - quite a big change in the Sky pit lane reporting department (don't mind Ted but he does go off on meaningless tangents plus of course is happy to display his fanboi tendencies).
Old 25 Aug 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4223782)   #3378
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
the pit lane reporting so far this weekend, by Bernie Collins, has been excellent, very professional and informed.

Sky would do well to let her fill the role for every race.
Interesting they did the race coverage with no pit reporter... though presumably there was an assistant producer (or some other member backroom team) giving off mic updates.

Had there been a pit incident it could have caught them out badly.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 15:41 (Ref:4223784)   #3379
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Due to the narrowness of the Zandvoort pit lane it is quite possible that no brodcaster was allowed reporters in pit lane during the race.

Not having Kravitz involved has been a massive positive this weekend.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 19:25 (Ref:4223824)   #3380
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Even the highlights, for goodness sake, the shouting, I think I managed a few seconds of the moron on the F1 YT channel who is that for Christs sake, it was awful there is no need to shout you silly little man, I muted it instantly, utterly stupid
Old 25 Aug 2024, 23:54 (Ref:4223874)   #3381
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Even the highlights, for goodness sake, the shouting, I think I managed a few seconds of the moron on the F1 YT channel who is that for Christs sake, it was awful there is no need to shout you silly little man, I muted it instantly, utterly stupid
wish we could do that on ten-tenths
Old 26 Aug 2024, 07:03 (Ref:4223893)   #3382
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You're back to watching races now?
Old 26 Aug 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4223922)   #3383
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sky coverage is now so poor delayed C4 highlights now only option IMHO
Old 26 Aug 2024, 21:33 (Ref:4223989)   #3384
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Sky coverage is now so poor delayed C4 highlights now only option IMHO
Not agreeing or disagreeing ... but I'm curious as to what elements of the coverage that you now find poor in comparison to what presumably you feel C4 does better?

I'll open that up to anyone else who shares the same opinion
Old 27 Aug 2024, 00:24 (Ref:4223998)   #3385
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me it is the quality and quantity of tighty whitey jeans is better on Ch4.

(sorry, I realise you were asking a serious question, but it just made me think of them! )
Old 27 Aug 2024, 10:15 (Ref:4224033)   #3386
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I have not watched a race for a long time, I was talking about highlights, the shouty cretins sadly use the same voiceover as live so that will be the last time I watch that and instead of being nasty, could it be possible for people to answer the question, I know I am having a pop at your "FAVOURITE THING", but a simple answer might help, is not an F1 race to you folk exciting enough, why do these people need to shout almost hysterically?
Old 27 Aug 2024, 13:44 (Ref:4224057)   #3387
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
could it be possible for people to answer the question, I know I am having a pop at your "FAVOURITE THING", but a simple answer might help, is not an F1 race to you folk exciting enough, why do these people need to shout almost hysterically?
Because they are fundamentally idiots. It's not that WE want that - I don't know anyone who does - more that the clowns think they need to do that, when the action sells itself.

Croft is by far the worse at shouting, shrieking and carrying on but there are others close behind.

To be honest though, it ain't THAT unusual - hear some similar stuff on other sports highlights when checking them out on YouTube.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 13:48 (Ref:4224060)   #3388
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not going to go away anytime soon, so I ignore it.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4224089)   #3389
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's not going to go away anytime soon, so I ignore it.
Yep - I drop the volume somewhat. Be awesome if there were separate audio channels so that the car volume could stay in place and then reduce the commentary volume.

Otherwise, you're right, I've reached a point of living with it or ignoring it.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4224094)   #3390
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Yep - I drop the volume somewhat. Be awesome if there were separate audio channels so that the car volume could stay in place and then reduce the commentary volume.

Otherwise, you're right, I've reached a point of living with it or ignoring it.

The alternative is turning the volume down and listening to Radio 5 Live, which I did for the Dutch GP. Usually it is pretty dire, though I thought it had improved somewhat, since I last listened to it.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4224099)   #3391
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
The alternative is turning the volume down and listening to Radio 5 Live, which I did for the Dutch GP. Usually it is pretty dire, though I thought it had improved somewhat, since I last listened to it.
I'm in Australia so not an option I don't think. Used to the same with the Cricket here over the summer - would watch the Channel 9 telecast but listen to the ABC radio commentary.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 22:20 (Ref:4224107)   #3392
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is possible to ;isten to streams of bbc radio output outside the uk.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 22:46 (Ref:4224109)   #3393
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
It is possible to ;isten to streams of bbc radio output outside the uk.
Thanks - I might have to check that out.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 10:40 (Ref:4224164)   #3394
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Thanks - I might have to check that out.

Give it a go if you can. It will be interesting to find out what you think of BBC Radio 5 Live.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 11:41 (Ref:4224165)   #3395
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How well or naturally do the two sync up tho? Even if there was a small offset between the two it would be weird no?

If you have a surround system or a soundbar even, play around with the levels or pre programmed sound modes? would have a lot to do with the sound mix and quality of your feed…and while a live UHD tv subscription might give this sort of quality feed, a highlight package meant for quick release is probably not worrying itself about a multi channel sound mix tho? And if you are just running the sound straight through the built in TV speakers then it’s going to be pants regardless of what you do.

This of course works for increasing/separating the volume of the vocal tracks which has become increasingly more important to me as I have gotten older..have never tried configuring my sound to make the vocals quieter.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 11:56 (Ref:4224169)   #3396
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
How well or naturally do the two sync up tho? Even if there was a small offset between the two it would be weird no?

They can go out of sync, Usually you get the commentary first and then you see what's happening on the track. One time it was the other way round!

It is a bit weird but on the whole I don't listen to Radio 5 Live regularly, as the commentary team are pretty bad, though sometimes tit can be preferable to all the shouting on Sky Sports F1.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 13:24 (Ref:4224174)   #3397
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
It is possible to listen to streams of bbc radio output outside the uk.
Unfortunately only if they have the internet rights in territories, otherwise it is geo-blocked. Though I guess you could use a VPN maybe.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 13:33 (Ref:4224176)   #3398
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Unfortunately only if they have the internet rights in territories, otherwise it is geo-blocked. Though I guess you could use a VPN maybe.

Interesting, because I listen to IndyCar radio for IndyCar race commentary, as the NBC commentary is terrible and there's no geo-blocking.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 14:59 (Ref:4224295)   #3399
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
C4 Coverage from Monza

I've just checked the Channel 4 schedule for this weekend and it's showing that qualifying highlights will be 5:30 Saturday evening for one hour, with the race highlights at the same time on Sunday. Surely there must be some sort of mistake here otherwise the actual track time broadcasted will be down to a maximum of 30 minutes each to allow them to show all of the other usual preamble & postamble.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 15:02 (Ref:4224297)   #3400
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've just checked the Channel 4 schedule for this weekend and it's showing that qualifying highlights will be 5:30 Saturday evening for one hour, with the race highlights at the same time on Sunday. Surely there must be some sort of mistake here otherwise the actual track time broadcasted will be down to a maximum of 30 minutes each to allow them to show all of the other usual preamble & postamble.
Don't forget that European time is 1hr ahead of us. Therefore gives the TV producers plenty of time to edit.

Tags
pinks