Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jun 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2714055)   #3401
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
Why? Wasn't it a BJR BA that was tipped upside down at Bathurst?
BJR have had a number of cars that have ended up upside down. Brad rolled the 1st Ozemail AU at turn 8 at Adelaide in 2000, John Cleland rolled after colliding with Jason Plato in then in 2005 Brad ended upside down in 2 meetings in a row.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2714112)   #3402
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
then in 2005 Brad ended upside down in 2 meetings in a row.
does that include Barbagallo?
Old 18 Jun 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2714195)   #3403
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
DJR Group A Mustang for Auction soon

http://www.shannons.com.au/pages/auc...0C25H22CS995TM

Not many details though.

Single wheel nut = 1985 (Bathurst at least)

Were these Zakspeed built? (There were two DJR Cars?)
So did This Story idea come from this thread?

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2714243)   #3404
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I thought so... I think Mr Johnson mentioned it in a magazine column he wrote for RCN(?). The floor was crinkled from memory.. so it was a mega hit.

What colour was the car in in that pic?

I presume that this is also the 'JPS' DJR Mustang that Mr Crichton shared in 1985 in the same series?
The JPS Mustang was from the '86 race.

There were two Wellington 500's in '87.

The crashed Mustang was from the Jan '87 race.

Dick drove the Anderson Bros XE Falcon in the '85 race.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2714247)   #3405
avors
Rookie

Australia
avors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought so... I think Mr Johnson mentioned it in a magazine column he wrote for RCN(?). The floor was crinkled from memory.. so it was a mega hit.

I presume that this is also the 'JPS' DJR Mustang that Mr Crichton shared in 1985 in the same series?
Your right it was Johnson who crashed, he got tangled up in an accident between Longhurst and Lamont, was in practice for the 87 race.
Car was painted in the normal Greens-tuf colour (doesn’t look like that in the black and white photo) but with Ker's sponsorship.
This is the same car that was in JPS colours the year before finished second at Wellington co driven by Crichton.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2714570)   #3406
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

IIRC DJ used to have a column in Chequered Flag, which is where I recall reading about the 87 Wellington hit.

As best as I can figure, the Donnelly car is that car, and as was mentioned a page or so back, would be more correctly displayed in its current livery as #18.

It was JPS'ed for the Nissan-Mobile Series in 1986, and advertised as being for sale there at that time. DJR repainted it green and used it as the T-Car at Bathurst 1986, and were in the process of delivering it to new owner Robbie Ker when DJ fingered it at Weelington 1987.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 06:38 (Ref:2714605)   #3407
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other Mustang of course went to Ian Love in WA for 1987, made one last ATCC start at that years Wanneroo round in his hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avors View Post
The reverse angle of this crash from the '87 January Wellington 500

Old 19 Jun 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2714707)   #3408
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
BJR AU

At One World Sport Parramatta?

Its actually not in bad condition....

I wonder if the upside down Formula car, painted in Ferrari knockoff livery is also for sale, or whether the AU nosecone from the Rod Salmon car comes with the BJR Ford?

The girls behind the bar still wear the same shirts Mr Salmon's race team did back in the early 2000's...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jun 2010, 04:15 (Ref:2714921)   #3409
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder if the upside down Formula car, painted in Ferrari knockoff livery is also for sale, or whether the AU nosecone from the Rod Salmon car comes with the BJR Ford?

The girls behind the bar still wear the same shirts Mr Salmon's race team did back in the early 2000's...
Do you have any photos of the Formula car by any chance?

I bet those uniforms made it worthwhile staying for 2 or 3 Diet Cokes!!
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2715511)   #3410
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Willmington VL
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Jun 2010, 05:24 (Ref:2718385)   #3411
gkmarshall
Racer

gkmarshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know the whereabouts of the WGR coke commodores & the Ghost Busters RX7
Old 28 Jun 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2719554)   #3412
avors
Rookie

Australia
avors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarshall View Post
Anyone know the whereabouts of the WGR coke commodores & the Ghost Busters RX7
Ghost Busters RX7 is on the Gold Coast, was being restored, this was a year or so back, not sure what stage it is at now.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:14 (Ref:2719592)   #3413
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Bathurst Volvo!

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2719599)   #3414
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the historical significance (supposedly the last 'stocker' to race in the 1000, held up Peter Williamson, provided great RaceCam etc), 20 grand is not a bad price for the "rotten Volvo"
Old 29 Jun 2010, 04:43 (Ref:2719633)   #3415
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#10 has returned, where's #9 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
The Moffat run Niedwiedz/Beila 1990 ANZ Sierra

Hi all, my first post & have just finished reading the entire Group C / A thread (playing catch up!), fantastic reading from many knowledged writers.
Great to read about the re-emergence of both the #10 & Moffat/Rouse Sierras, does anyone know where Moffat's first Eggenberger chassis is & it's post Moffat history etc? Also I am on the hunt for pics of the car as it raced as #39 in the 1989 Intertec Fuji 500, Moffat's last drive (& win) in Group A. I've seen some grainy youtube footage which shows it carried some minor logos on the front & rear quarters for that race only but can't make out what they are (rear bumper as well).
So if anyone out there has some pics of Moffat's last ride, or where else they could be found, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, O.P.F
Old 29 Jun 2010, 04:49 (Ref:2719635)   #3416
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G'day OPF and welcome to the forum. DrBob owns both the #10 Rouse/Moffatt Siera and the #9 Eggenberger/Moffatt Sierra. They are both for sale too!
Old 29 Jun 2010, 07:57 (Ref:2719691)   #3417
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
G'day OPF and welcome to the forum. DrBob owns both the #10 Rouse/Moffatt Siera and the #9 Eggenberger/Moffatt Sierra. They are both for sale too!
Numbers other way around David. #9 Rouse/Moffat car and the #10 Moffat/Eggenberger car, Eggenberger not for sale.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2719703)   #3418
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit more history on Sierras here

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2554248

Don't know the history of the 2 Eggenberger Sierras post 1992, but when Moffat built his EB Falcon in 1993, it was stated that he retained both although one had been stripped with some of the components ending up in the Falcon while the other was still complete.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 01:43 (Ref:2720129)   #3419
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
KR VE PE046

The one Mr Kelly crinkled @ Winton?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Jun 2010, 01:52 (Ref:2720132)   #3420
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
A bit more history on Sierras here

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2554248

Don't know the history of the 2 Eggenberger Sierras post 1992, but when Moffat built his EB Falcon in 1993, it was stated that he retained both although one had been stripped with some of the components ending up in the Falcon while the other was still complete.
Thanks for all the quick info, so from this it can be assumed that Eggenberger #9 is no longer a complete car, with all it's running gear being "Falconised". Makes you wonder where the shell/engine/wheels ended up & if they're still in existence somewhere. Of the two Sierras, it certainly had a deeper history. Now, if only I can find pics of it's '89 Fuji 500 victory!!
BTW, very nice purchase DrBob, #10 looks as though it's had a charmed life!

OPF
Old 30 Jun 2010, 06:12 (Ref:2720178)   #3421
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Perhaps an obvious question, but are these two Jaguars both the same car?

Garry Wilmington - 1986 Amaroo AMSCAR round (car now restored to 85/86 specs)

Garry Wilmington - 1988 Amaroo Sports Sedans (top left of picture)
Old 30 Jun 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2720221)   #3422
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe they are, I seem to remember hearing that Garry was busy returning the jag to Group A spec a few years ago.
Isn't there an Eggenberger Sierra in NZ?
Old 1 Jul 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2720695)   #3423
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
I believe they are, I seem to remember hearing that Garry was busy returning the jag to Group A spec a few years ago.
Isn't there an Eggenberger Sierra in NZ?
Could that white XJS be the ex John Clinton groupA car that raced once,right at the end of the Jaguars group A time zone?
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2720927)   #3424
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Did I read somewhere once that once of the Group A ATCC XJS's (not a TWR car though) was in fact a revised Group C car?
Old 1 Jul 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2720941)   #3425
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
Could that white XJS be the ex John Clinton groupA car that raced once,right at the end of the Jaguars group A time zone?
I can recall standing in the Oran park dustbowl some years ago, when the announcer across the crackly PA confirmed that the sports sedan was not the Group A Jaguar, but another chassis entirely. They never confirmed where it came from however.

At the time, Mr Willmington also had the ex-Group C Commodore (the Roadways 100 mph car from memory) for Mr Awadallah (boss of Blue Haven Pools) to drive in Sports sedans
#CANCERSUCKS