Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4224298)   #3401
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Viv, it's probably shortened and squeezed in due to C4's live coverage of the Paralympics from Paris, which probably takes precedence over F1.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 29 Aug 2024 at 15:22. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 30 Aug 2024, 10:04 (Ref:4224401)   #3402
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Don't forget that European time is 1hr ahead of us. Therefore gives the TV producers plenty of time to edit.
It's not the actual time of the showing that surprised me, it's the shortness of the race coverage Chris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Viv, it's probably shortened and squeezed in due to C4's live coverage of the Paralympics from Paris, which probably takes precedence over F1.
I suppose you're right Mike, I'm just surprised how short the race programme is. I always watch a recording of the coverage, generally early the following morning, fast-forward straight to the race start and through the advert breaks , switching off when the race finishes. That usually takes around an hour then there's the podium and the post race interviews, I just wonder how much of the race we will actually see!
Old 30 Aug 2024, 17:27 (Ref:4224476)   #3403
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn’t Monza one of the shortest lights to flag races time wise, due to the high average speed. That could also explain the relatively short highlights package too.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 10:38 (Ref:4224537)   #3404
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Rosberg is back on commentary today

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 31 Aug 2024, 11:12 (Ref:4224541)   #3405
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

And then drops a clanged that he has an offer from Alpine to buy shares in the race team, thinks nothing of it, that’s not newsworthy.

It’s also annoying that the rest of the team kinda shuts up when Mr Rosberg shares his often harsh views… and it overpowers the broadcast
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 31 Aug 2024, 11:36 (Ref:4224542)   #3406
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

For me, He really doesn’t add to the program, let alone commentary.

His sole purpose in being on Sky is to throw hand grenades.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 14:58 (Ref:4224571)   #3407
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 mins to go STOP SHOUTING!!!!!!
Old 31 Aug 2024, 14:59 (Ref:4224572)   #3408
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 mins remaining. STOP SHOUTING!!!!
Old 31 Aug 2024, 15:11 (Ref:4224574)   #3409
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
7 mins remaining. STOP SHOUTING!!!!
End of Q3 and it's still shouting! (or to be more accurate, still shrieking)
Old 31 Aug 2024, 18:34 (Ref:4224599)   #3410
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Viv, I've just noticed that C4 also has programmes on at 23.30 both today and tomorrow. I don't know whether they will be repeats or whether they will be in addition to the earlier programmes.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4224601)   #3411
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Viv, I've just noticed that C4 also has programmes on at 23.30 both today and tomorrow. I don't know whether they will be repeats or whether they will be in addition to the earlier programmes.
Mike, my TV Guide in Spain has it listed as a repeat of the earlier broadcast, namely qualifying highlights with an [R] Showing at 00:30 my (Spanish) time.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 07:53 (Ref:4225199)   #3412
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That C4 highlights show has to be the shortest in history, surely?
Old 2 Sep 2024, 08:51 (Ref:4225210)   #3413
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That C4 highlights show has to be the shortest in history, surely?
I guess a combination of the short race duration (because of the high average speed the same 307/308 klms race distance takes less time than 'normal' races.
Yesterday's race, with no interruptions for SC's etc was under 1hr 14 mins from lights to flag. (ie Hungary nearly 1 hr 40 mins) That and the Paralympics coverage combined I suspect is the reason.

Tags
pinks