Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jun 2024, 15:05 (Ref:4211800)   #326
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
If he goes to Haas, Ocon might slow down Bearman occasionally with overly aggressive defending, but overall he will bring in a lot more points than Magnussen, Zhou or probably Bottas so I think Haas should sign him anyway.
So Haas should replace the overly aggressive defending of Magnussen with the overly aggressive defending of Ocon .

I think we have to accept at this point that Ocon is not good for the atmosphere within a team - even if you can talk away his many collisions with teammates. He's fallen out with Perez, Alonso and Gasly, Verstappen clearly doesn't like him either. Does he have any friends on the grid? Of course that doesn't determine his speed - but it does suggest that having Ocon on one side of the garage is going to cause problems at some point.
Old 5 Jun 2024, 01:57 (Ref:4211870)   #327
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I don't think that this spell with Alpine has done Gasly or Ocon any favours at all. Gasly was often "best of the rest" when he drove for Torro Rosso. I thought that his career might go in the same trajectory as Sainz after leaving the RBR family. Now rumours of a Haas or Williams drive seem to be as good as it is going to get?
"as good as it is going to get"!?

Gasly will likely stay on as lead driver of Alpine F1 Team, the French national F1 team, this is an honour surely?
Old 5 Jun 2024, 02:45 (Ref:4211875)   #328
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
"as good as it is going to get"!?

Gasly will likely stay on as lead driver of Alpine F1 Team, the French national F1 team, this is an honour surely?
Why did he move?
At the time it was indicated he wanted to be recognized for his efforts (financially I presume) and wanted to be with a manufacturer team...

That may change as soon as 2026 if the engine effort dries up, but he may still be leader of the 'official' French team.

Sometimes you make a move and what you wanted simply isn't what you get. Look at the Ricciardo move to Renault. Then when the offer came 15 months after he had arrived, he signed for McLaren!
People should be careful what they ask for and while following the money is a traditional way to connect the dots of what is happening in F1 generally, it is not the way to go about managing your career.
Old 5 Jun 2024, 13:38 (Ref:4211920)   #329
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Why did he move?
At the time it was indicated he wanted to be recognized for his efforts (financially I presume) and wanted to be with a manufacturer team...

That may change as soon as 2026 if the engine effort dries up, but he may still be leader of the 'official' French team.

Sometimes you make a move and what you wanted simply isn't what you get. Look at the Ricciardo move to Renault. Then when the offer came 15 months after he had arrived, he signed for McLaren!
People should be careful what they ask for and while following the money is a traditional way to connect the dots of what is happening in F1 generally, it is not the way to go about managing your career.
To be fair Alpine hardly looks like a choice ride. A latter-day ATS , Andrea Monday or Stanley BRM!
Old 5 Jun 2024, 14:17 (Ref:4211930)   #330
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
To be fair Alpine hardly looks like a choice ride. A latter-day ATS , Andrea Monday or Stanley BRM!
Except with a seven-figure pay level!
Old 5 Jun 2024, 19:44 (Ref:4211976)   #331
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Andretti
In
Noxious
Environments
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Jun 2024, 01:27 (Ref:4212090)   #332
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
At the time he made the move it looked like a positive improvement on a seat that wasn't leading anywhere.
Since the change Alpha Tauri has morphed upward and Alpine dived.
Old 7 Jun 2024, 08:37 (Ref:4212129)   #333
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Alpine have always been there or thereabouts. I doubt RB can sustain their current levels of performance. That said it's worrying for Alpine how far their cars are behind at this stage
Old 7 Jun 2024, 21:50 (Ref:4212267)   #334
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd possibly agree ATS, but no way they are as poor as Andrea Moda or the Stanley Steamer!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jun 2024, 20:49 (Ref:4212936)   #335
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Ocon spits the dummy to the media before bothering to have the facts. Team orders applied without the planned re-adjustment, sound reasoning for not doing so but M.Ocon wasn't happy.

The predicted carambolage didn't really come to pass last year but seems quite likely this year - still plenty of races till the end of the season and opportunities for piff-paff!
Old 10 Jun 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4212958)   #336
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
I'm talking about when Gasly moved at the end of 22, not the present state of Alpine
Old 17 Jun 2024, 16:27 (Ref:4215716)   #337
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't remember if this has been mentioned, but it appears that Alpine are doing the rounds looking for an engine supplier for 2026 and onwards. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...2026/10624346/
Old 17 Jun 2024, 18:05 (Ref:4215743)   #338
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It just seems like the slow death of the current iteration of Renault F1.

Richard
Old 17 Jun 2024, 23:31 (Ref:4215792)   #339
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I can't remember if this has been mentioned, but it appears that Alpine are doing the rounds looking for an engine supplier for 2026 and onwards. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...2026/10624346/
Mr Saward wrote about this some weeks ago..

Makes sense financially, but doesn’t put the operation at the engine shop in Viry in a good light.

Maybe GM-Cadillac can take on some people.. as Andretti Alpine Adventures comes back to front of mind..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2024, 01:36 (Ref:4215973)   #340
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So Haas should replace the overly aggressive defending of Magnussen with the overly aggressive defending of Ocon .

I think we have to accept at this point that Ocon is not good for the atmosphere within a team - even if you can talk away his many collisions with teammates. He's fallen out with Perez, Alonso and Gasly, Verstappen clearly doesn't like him either. Does he have any friends on the grid? Of course that doesn't determine his speed - but it does suggest that having Ocon on one side of the garage is going to cause problems at some point.
I think Kevins overtaking performance in Canada was sublime.
He made clean precise moves with few mistakes and didn't take anyone out.
That is not the driving of an overly defensive driver.
What he did earlier in the year was to defend his position in the extreme in order to help a teammate.

That is no different to what Max did to Lewis in Brazil in '21 and no one penalized Max for what he did that day.
Mr Ocon I have never rated that highly but I like him more than Gasly and want him to find a place again on the grid.
If I was hiring for a F1 team on the present driver market Ocon, Mag's, and Sainz would be my go to drivers.
Old 21 Jun 2024, 08:16 (Ref:4216247)   #341
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Webber to Renault?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jun 2024, 11:20 (Ref:4216269)   #342
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Webber to Renault?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Old 21 Jun 2024, 11:58 (Ref:4216270)   #343
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think Kevins overtaking performance in Canada was sublime.
He made clean precise moves with few mistakes and didn't take anyone out.
That is not the driving of an overly defensive driver.
What he did earlier in the year was to defend his position in the extreme in order to help a teammate.

That is no different to what Max did to Lewis in Brazil in '21 and no one penalized Max for what he did that day.
FWIW I like Magnussen - my post was more about people complaining Magnussen was too aggressive then suggesting Ocon as a replacement. I'd say Magnussen is aggressive, but consistent, Ocon is aggressive but a lot less predictable - I'd say Ocon was more dangerous than Magnussen.

Quote:
Mr Ocon I have never rated that highly but I like him more than Gasly and want him to find a place again on the grid.
If I was hiring for a F1 team on the present driver market Ocon, Mag's, and Sainz would be my go to drivers.
I'd take Sainz or Magnussen over Ocon, for me Ocon is too much of a loose cannon, he's capable of getting good results but is just as likely to put his teammate into the wall.

---

Bringing back Flav? Really? That looks like a desperate move from a team that's absolutely lost it.
Old 21 Jun 2024, 12:21 (Ref:4216273)   #344
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
call me ignorant but what does a 75 year old offer a modern day formula one team?Strategy, knowledge, experience, finance or contacts?

Im curious, im not saying he isnt worthy but what does he offer?
Old 21 Jun 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4216280)   #345
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Briatore added more titles with Fernando Alonso in the mid-noughties, before vacating his position in 2009 and taking some more time out of F1.
formula1.com playing it uncontroversial there. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...hQ4dBCx36Kpl6q
Old 21 Jun 2024, 13:13 (Ref:4216281)   #346
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow brilliant example of whitewashing there! Why even bother writing the article in the first place? Lol
Old 21 Jun 2024, 13:38 (Ref:4216283)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seriously, bringing Briatore back? He may have overseen many titles for Benetton and Renault, but things have changed a lot since he got banned, sorry decided to move on from F1. I doubt he would fit in now
Old 21 Jun 2024, 13:54 (Ref:4216286)   #348
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Seriously, bringing Briatore back? He may have overseen many titles for Benetton and Renault, but things have changed a lot since he got banned, sorry decided to move on from F1. I doubt he would fit in now
I suspect he is going to be really acting as an agent to find the highest bidder as possible for the outfit....
Old 21 Jun 2024, 14:15 (Ref:4216288)   #349
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I suspect he is going to be really acting as an agent to find the highest bidder as possible for the outfit....
Sounds that way. Curious what implication that has on the Ryan Reynolds group that bought in but seems to have been fairly absent since their 25% buy in? Will their part also be sold on?
Old 21 Jun 2024, 14:24 (Ref:4216289)   #350
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Be interesting to see who wants to do a deal with him….