Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Nov 2022, 03:05 (Ref:4132572)   #326
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whole or in pieces?
Old 4 Nov 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4132598)   #327
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never seen a Shelby truck before. Quite a beast. Supercharged according to the badge on the bonnet.

Also quite a nice Chev. Perfect condition.
Attached Thumbnails
FB10E84D-8DE1-431D-B57D-E5B97C97CE27_1_105_c.jpeg   2FF453AB-0945-4E71-94D5-717E66E851C3_1_105_c.jpeg   A865D7C0-B9C3-4C62-BA5A-14F11BDED121_1_105_c.jpeg  

Old 4 Nov 2022, 12:56 (Ref:4132605)   #328
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Never seen a Shelby truck before. Quite a beast. Supercharged according to the badge on the bonnet.

Also quite a nice Chev. Perfect condition.
Depending on the boost, that could be a 700+ bhp pickup.

Nice crew cab Chevy. 56 Bel Air
Old 4 Nov 2022, 14:01 (Ref:4132611)   #329
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!

"Hey I gotta run to the office downtown. I'm taking the defender so I better pack the extra large ice chest and an extra can of fuel"
Old 4 Nov 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4132644)   #330
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

At least they are pretending to use it.

I’ve just been to a place in northern Virginia that thinks it’s in the Cotswolds. It’s all defenders, discos and Minis.

Oh and a Mazza.

So Maseratis? I like, but I suspect they’re a disappointment.
Attached Thumbnails
FB0FD554-C510-49C3-8B8D-569A9D268979.jpeg  
Old 4 Nov 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4132646)   #331
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do all those parking in the photo call a taxi to take them to the side-walk? Or do you all park in the middle of the road?
Old 4 Nov 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4132648)   #332
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Do all those parking in the photo call a taxi to take them to the side-walk? Or do you all park in the middle of the road?

We sat in a cafe and the repetitive joke was, shall we offer to he,p them park.

Often there is loads of room and wide streets, but this place had relatively small roads, but everyone seemed very scared of kerbing their allloys.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 22:25 (Ref:4132660)   #333
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

At least they are pretending to use it.

I’ve just been to a place in northern Virginia that thinks it’s in the Cotswolds. It’s all defenders, discos and Minis.

Oh and a Mazza.

So Maseratis? I like, but I suspect they’re a disappointment.
perhaps, but I always turn my head when i see one! Previous neighbor had a 4 door model and it sounded good, but not as good as his Cobra.
Old 5 Nov 2022, 02:36 (Ref:4132668)   #334
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

We sat in a cafe and the repetitive joke was, shall we offer to he,p them park.

Often there is loads of room and wide streets, but this place had relatively small roads, but everyone seemed very scared of kerbing their allloys.
You're giving them FAR too much credit for caring about their car. They're too stupid to know how far they are or how large their car isn't.

And hell, that's close to the curb compared to some around here in Atlanta
Old 7 Nov 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4132890)   #335
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A couple of well kept machines spotted in Melbourne.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4470[1].JPG   IMG_4473[1].JPG  
Old 7 Nov 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4132896)   #336
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Depending on the boost, that could be a 700+ bhp pickup.
Indeed. In this case 755bhp. Enough to get into a whole lotta trouble!

Not cheap in this part of the world though. Discovered that the owner parted with AU $269,000 for it landed here and converted to RHD with a couple of options!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4393[1].JPG  
Old 7 Nov 2022, 18:55 (Ref:4132915)   #337
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Not sure what this is probably a Scout of some type? But it can move at hwy speeds!
Old 7 Nov 2022, 20:43 (Ref:4132921)   #338
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
A couple of well kept machines spotted in Melbourne.
those are beauties!

Quote:
Indeed. In this case 755bhp. Enough to get into a whole lotta trouble!

Not cheap in this part of the world though. Discovered that the owner parted with AU $269,000 for it landed here and converted to RHD with a couple of options!
Just insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Not sure what this is probably a Scout of some type? But it can move at hwy speeds!
Think that's a Harvester Scout. I'm not up to snuff on Internationals...
Old 8 Nov 2022, 13:47 (Ref:4132983)   #339
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, 2 door was a Scout. The 4 dr version was the Carryall. I think that's rounded enough to be the Scout II

The more I look I think it's something else, look like a full liftgate on the back not a tailgate and window. But aftermarket makes some odd things and they were all removable top I think
Old 8 Nov 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4132992)   #340
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The more I look I think it's something else, look like a full liftgate on the back not a tailgate and window. But aftermarket makes some odd things and they were all removable top I think
1979 International Harvester Scout II Traveler?
Old 8 Nov 2022, 14:58 (Ref:4132997)   #341
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Old 9 Nov 2022, 00:13 (Ref:4133049)   #342
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
How big, how much of a following do Scout have? Obviously I now know about it, but never lived it as I’m from foreign fields.
And then when out for a walk saw a neighbour had one in his garage! Complete with massive poster behind it.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 01:13 (Ref:4133051)   #343
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
How big, how much of a following do Scout have? Obviously I now know about it, but never lived it as I’m from foreign fields.
And then when out for a walk saw a neighbour had one in his garage! Complete with massive poster behind it.
Now that you've seen one, you want to see them all - Ron White

Following devote but much smaller than Jeeps because nothing is as crazy as that and they stopped making them a long time ago. International has some really cool stuff, with, IMHO, the smaller Scouts being the coolest. However, as my dad said of a friend of his that had one, always referred to it as "That damn Scout." Not the most reliable.

I saw three or four parked in a field earlier this year but can't find a pic. Maybe I didn't take one....
Old 9 Nov 2022, 13:28 (Ref:4133098)   #344
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Now that you've seen one, you want to see them all - Ron White

Following devote but much smaller than Jeeps because nothing is as crazy as that and they stopped making them a long time ago. International has some really cool stuff, with, IMHO, the smaller Scouts being the coolest. However, as my dad said of a friend of his that had one, always referred to it as "That damn Scout." Not the most reliable.

I saw three or four parked in a field earlier this year but can't find a pic. Maybe I didn't take one....
American version of a British sportscar of the 60-70s??
Old 10 Nov 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4133208)   #345
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
At QT this morning, as usual for Georgia hood looks worse than side
Old 10 Nov 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4133216)   #346
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
At QT this morning, as usual for Georgia hood looks worse than side
I bet it has a manual transmission
Old 11 Nov 2022, 02:07 (Ref:4133240)   #347
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I bet it has a manual transmission
And a big block
Old 11 Nov 2022, 02:08 (Ref:4133241)   #348
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I saw a firetruck today. It can be yours for....
Old 11 Nov 2022, 15:13 (Ref:4133291)   #349
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Think I can convince Morgan that's needed? Can make it a camper/smoker part time bakery rig?
Old 11 Nov 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4133298)   #350
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Think I can convince Morgan that's needed? Can make it a camper/smoker part time bakery rig?
All are correct options.

Not correct is this display on an old Chrysler. I'm sure it's gonna smell thicker than Shakira's thighs soon if not already