Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 May 2021, 00:46 (Ref:4053015)   #326
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
So weird no one's using riley /s. And that stings even further knowing there's likely some company that has the ability to make a p2, but isn't legal.
Old 24 May 2021, 01:23 (Ref:4053019)   #327
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
So weird no one's using riley /s. And that stings even further knowing there's likely some company that has the ability to make a p2, but isn't legal.
I understand that the Riley is the Multimatic and it will be used by Porsche, Audi, Lambo and Bentley.
Old 24 May 2021, 04:38 (Ref:4053032)   #328
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
The original Riley P2 was a collaboration between Riley and Multimatic. Since the parts Riley were responsible for where quite ****, Multimatic eventually took over the whole car. Hence why it's now Multimatic instead of Riley.
Old 24 May 2021, 06:49 (Ref:4053039)   #329
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Bentley LMDh not happening after all?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/ben...o-le-mans-2023
Old 24 May 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4053103)   #330
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The writer of that piece initially headlined it as the Bentley CEO "rubbishing" our story.

In fact his quoted comments came before my story was written. The Australian story has been rewritten to more accurately reflect the timeline and the initial headline has been deleted

There are more ways of funding 'Works' programmes that the company concerned funding it!

Bentley programme is not confirmed - but then neither are a number of others yet that are more common currency. I stand by the story as it is written.
Old 25 May 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4053359)   #331
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
The original Riley P2 was a collaboration between Riley and Multimatic. Since the parts Riley were responsible for where quite ****, Multimatic eventually took over the whole car. Hence why it's now Multimatic instead of Riley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I understand that the Riley is the Multimatic and it will be used by Porsche, Audi, Lambo and Bentley.
You're right. I'm a complete idiot lol. Carry on nothing to see here folks!
Old 31 May 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4054071)   #332
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
We agree with Toyota.
The LMP2's have to be slowed down.
LMH Le Mans time will be 3:30
LMP2 has to be 3:40.
Without clear separation I don't see LMH or LMDh being viable.
P2s won't pose a threat, if Hypercars run semi-reliably. If the entire Hypercar field presents a totally shambolic performance, they absolutely deserve to be beaten by a lower class. The leaders should never have time for a full car wash and detailing in the pits

I don't see how anything above a 5 second stratification gap can be a problem for sustainability. Here's why.

LMH Le Mans pace will possibly be better than 3:30. Meanwhile LMP2 has been slowed down enough already to be around 3:40 mark anyway.

With the 2021 adjustments P2s lost around 2 seconds at Spa. Google says, P2 lap record at Le Mans is 3:27. Which means real pace was in the low 30s at best. I'd guestimate, 2021 adjustments put them in the high 3:30s.

Meanwhile, LMH pace at Spa was already higher than pre-2021 LMP2. Which will likely land them in the high 3:20s.

2020 Le Mans hyperpole gap between P1 and P2 leaders was under 10 seconds. Yet P2s never came even close to featuring at the top of the field.

Take 2010, then the leading petrol P1 car was 6 seconds off the pole in qualifying. In that era, did petrol cars ever interfere with the diesel party beyond the opening lap? Not really.

My estimates can be wrong, of course. If anyone has a better idea, please share.
Old 31 May 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4054080)   #333
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not to be taken as an absolute comparison but 2011 spa pole was 2.01.5... we could consider also a possible 2.01 or faster since peugeot's, that had been faster than audi's all the race long, weren't able to set decent qualifying timelaps.
2011 LM pole was in 3.25, so I think realistically LMH pole will be in 3.24-3.26 as well, with most of the time lost in porsche sector than any other part of the track compared to the recent past lmp1 performances.
At same time I think orecas/lmp2 pole could be in the range of 3.30 or slightly faster/slower since they still have a better aero counterbalanced by worse acceleration and top speeds.

It's difficult to predict race pace but LMH, or well toyota and 007 for sure, will get benefits on having longer stints and lmp2 pace will change according to the pro or am driver presence inside the car.
I don't think there will be many problems anyway... if until 2020 toyotas were going for a lonely ride after 15 minutes, this year at worst LMH will get a considerable gap from lmp2 after about 40 minutes when lmp2 will need the first refuel. The big overall difference is that from this years will be unlikely to see epic comebacks like the winning porsche in 2017
Old 31 May 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4054107)   #334
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
At same time I think orecas/lmp2 pole could be in the range of 3.30 or slightly faster/slower since they still have a better aero counterbalanced by worse acceleration and top speeds.
Do LMP2s have better aero than last year to offset the power and weight deficiency compared to 2020? Tires are another question mark.

Pole time in the low 30s seems about fair. But in the race, they'll be considerably slower, I think.
Old 31 May 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4054124)   #335
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Do LMP2s have better aero than last year to offset the power and weight deficiency compared to 2020? Tires are another question mark.

Pole time in the low 30s seems about fair. But in the race, they'll be considerably slower, I think.
oreca 07 (and ligier? can't remember if there are teams still running that car) will use same low drag bodywork used last year at LM, aerowise nothing changed but they will have a worse acceleration because of extra ballast and worse top speed because of power cut, even if I won't be surprised if 07 will be able to stay regularly >310-315km/h anyhow. What is lost on straights will be recovered on porsche sector. Race pace will be slower for anyone anyhow.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4054158)   #336
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
What is lost on straights will be recovered on porsche sector.
That's the word that threw me off earlier. You mean recovering against LMH. But what matters, I think, is how much slower P2s are compared to 2020 P2s. If they are considerably slower over a lap, let alone a race, we're okay.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4054188)   #337
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
That's the word that threw me off earlier. You mean recovering against LMH. But what matters, I think, is how much slower P2s are compared to 2020 P2s. If they are considerably slower over a lap, let alone a race, we're okay.
I mean recovering compared to 2017-2020 lmp2 top performances.
This year lmp2 will be slower on straight but in theory as fast as past in porsche sector where lmp2 will recover most of time lost on straight.
During spa race I saved a short clip when HUD telemetry shown differences of toyotas and lmp2 speed at puhon and it was almost embarassing for LMH the difference of speedcornering
Old 1 Jun 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4054208)   #338
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Recovering =/= not losing.
Gaining weight and losing power won't make P2s faster in S3 (or any section for that matter). They may lose less in certain sections compared to others, but they will still lose time.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4054219)   #339
canaglia
Veteran

I was meaning that compared to 2020 lmp2 will be slower on straights but could recover some pace because won't be that slower on porsche sector due aero.

To be more specific, most of time lost compared to 2017-2020 laptimes will be on straights. The exact opposite of what is going to happen for LMH.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4054577)   #340
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BMW thoughts

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e...ula-e/6532503/
Old 9 Jun 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4055423)   #341
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This doesn't seem to be a real proposition from all the other talk we've heard, but one of Lamborghinis new hypercars meets FIA crash test certification for the hypercar class.

https://carbuzz.com/news/lamborghini...ace-at-le-mans
Old 9 Jun 2021, 21:08 (Ref:4055458)   #342
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This doesn't seem to be a real proposition from all the other talk we've heard, but one of Lamborghinis new hypercars meets FIA crash test certification for the hypercar class.

https://carbuzz.com/news/lamborghini...ace-at-le-mans
A hypercar racing in Hypercar?! A racing Lamborghini with a Lamborghini V12? Nah, that would make way too much sense. Better use an LMP2 with a Bentley V8 and a Duracell, just draw a bull on it, fans are too dumb to know a difference anyway.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4055464)   #343
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Probably just a little too heavy for lmh but with recent bop, it might be ok
Old 9 Jun 2021, 23:57 (Ref:4055470)   #344
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A hypercar racing in Hypercar?! A racing Lamborghini with a Lamborghini V12? Nah, that would make way too much sense. Better use an LMP2 with a Bentley V8 and a Duracell, just draw a bull on it, fans are too dumb to know a difference anyway.
Your reflection is very interesting, I would also like to see this car in LMH.
But as TF110 says, probably just a little too heavy for LMH.
I guess Stefan Ratel could already be thinking about how to recreate his GT1 with this car, the Bugatti Bolide, GMA T50 Lauda, ??Pagani Huayra R, Aston Valkyrie AMR Pro and the Brabham BT62, probably with gentlman drivers.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 07:07 (Ref:4055490)   #345
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Your reflection is very interesting, I would also like to see this car in LMH.
But as TF110 says, probably just a little too heavy for LMH.
I guess Stefan Ratel could already be thinking about how to recreate his GT1 with this car, the Bugatti Bolide, GMA T50 Lauda, ??Pagani Huayra R, Aston Valkyrie AMR Pro and the Brabham BT62, probably with gentlman drivers.
You mean a new GT1 class as the hypercar/LMDH was supposed to be when announced?
Old 10 Jun 2021, 07:57 (Ref:4055496)   #346
canaglia
Veteran

I remember lamborghini sesto elemento was 999kg heavy and could realistically be even lighter without the AWD shafts.
Anyway don't think lamborghini is in the position to design and produce a LMH, likely will get a green painted multimatic-porsche.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4055560)   #347
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I remember lamborghini sesto elemento was 999kg heavy and could realistically be even lighter without the AWD shafts.
Anyway don't think lamborghini is in the position to design and produce a LMH, likely will get a green painted multimatic-porsche.
Cmon, give them a little credit. Theyll definitely have different light assemblies
Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4055564)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Cmon, give them a little credit. Theyll definitely have different light assemblies
Mk I Cortinas?
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4055587)   #349
canaglia
Veteran

from BMW CEO instagram

https://www.instagram.com/markusflas...dium=copy_link

We are back daytona 2023
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4055591)   #350
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...programme.html

What a way to announce haha!