Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Feb 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2630034)   #326
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Is it the "new" version? ie. hairpin right for T1?

Would be nice if they threw in the old GP circuit version (90 degree right, in to left).

Anyone hear any rumours of what other tracks they're adding? It kills me that there isn't a track creator in this.

Selby
It is the newer version of the track. I would have liked it to link onto the old track aswell though
Old 9 Feb 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2630273)   #327
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had some great racing tonight with TORA, my previous comments should be ignored, haha! A few massive accidents over the hill at Road Atlanta in the Mini's, I was involved in a Race 2 first-lap-mele which ended up in two cars in two seperate accidents rolling, out of three seperate accidents within a few hundered metres of each other, crazy! All racing accidents though, no noobish driving what-so-ever!
Old 9 Feb 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2630279)   #328
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Had some great racing tonight with TORA, my previous comments should be ignored, haha! A few massive accidents over the hill at Road Atlanta in the Mini's, I was involved in a Race 2 first-lap-mele which ended up in two cars in two seperate accidents rolling, out of three seperate accidents within a few hundered metres of each other, crazy! All racing accidents though, no noobish driving what-so-ever!
How in the world do you manage 3 separate incidents with only 8 cars max in a room?
Old 9 Feb 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2630286)   #329
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turn 1, two guys ran wide and managed to hit the outside walls, then at the chicane over the hill, some guy got up on two wheels over the kerbs, rolled, dug into the grass and did a wierd roll/flip thing. Then coming down the hill the driver infront of me got loose, so I got loose avoiding him and dug into the grass, rolling over.

Thats how!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 08:17 (Ref:2630437)   #330
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
save the replay? if so bung it on your storefront, sounds a blast!
Old 12 Feb 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2632014)   #331
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I sure will, might upload it to t'internet next time im on Forza.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2632910)   #332
Ford00
Racer

Australia
in your house.
Ford00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bathurst will come!

Have you seen the amount of Xbox 360 and FM3 branding at V8 Supercar races?? Its gotta be in the pipeline!
I hope so. Some other Australian tracks would be nice aswell. And how about a V8 2010 DLC pack? They could like put in 4 new Fords and 4 new Holdens with like 4 or so tracks. That would be awesome.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 05:46 (Ref:2634804)   #333
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Bathurst will come!

Don't hold yer breath.

Even if it does arrive, I fear it could be too little too late for the Forza games. I've stopped putting anymore money into that game until they take time to address the real issues instead of wasting time with cars I don't need or want and half hearted track add ons.

I just read this fantastically well written article about Forza "What went wrong"......................good reading and sums up many of my thoughts about the game.

http://classygamer.blogspot.com/2010...ent-wrong.html

Last edited by jonboy1066; 17 Feb 2010 at 05:51.

Perry McCarthy
Old 17 Feb 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2634868)   #334
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
Don't hold yer breath.

Even if it does arrive, I fear it could be too little too late for the Forza games. I've stopped putting anymore money into that game until they take time to address the real issues instead of wasting time with cars I don't need or want and half hearted track add ons.

I just read this fantastically well written article about Forza "What went wrong"......................good reading and sums up many of my thoughts about the game.

http://classygamer.blogspot.com/2010...ent-wrong.html

God, if thats bad, why bother writing all that?? Just don't play it!

I think its a great fun game, yes it has its area's that we would like to be different but what game doesn't.

If u love it, play it. If u hate it, don't
Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2635066)   #335
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
The only real issue I have with Forza 3 is that RWD cars just will not get the power down, even with gentle throttle input! Club at Silverstone is just horrendus in any car with over 400hp! RACE Pro gives a great feel of throttle steering.

However Forza 3 is just a solid, clean racer. Awsome online with great fun to be had!
Old 17 Feb 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2635094)   #336
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I myself have raced in about 10 public lobbies, tops. I mostly race with guys i met on Forza 2, and from a website that runs various different Forza 3 competitions (DTMs, hot hatches, retro touring cars etc) i dont hot lap, i'm not that bothered about the leaderboard either :P
Old 18 Feb 2010, 00:52 (Ref:2635295)   #337
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fozra 3 is the wrst game EVUR!!!111!!!!1!1!!!
Old 18 Feb 2010, 02:36 (Ref:2635326)   #338
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Fozra 3 is the wrst game EVUR!!!111!!!!1!1!!!
Hahaha, I wouldn't go that far mate, although I do find it quite a big disappointment.

As far as the racing goes and especially online racing it's had no improvements at all and actually feels downgraded from the great online options of Forza2 to more like a Forza1.9

But it's definately not the worst game ever, it's bright and shiny with lots of pretty colours and things to play with.............but I do feel they should take the word "Motorsport" out of the title as T10 seem to have turned their backs on that part.

To quote T10 themselves.

Quote:
"Forza Motorsport 3 is about the car guys................Not so much the racing"
And to go from their slogan on the TV ad for Forza3.

Quote:
This is not a simulation..........it's an invitation

To me it's an invitation to the kind of party you go to, to be polite just because your friends are there, even though you know that a much better party is happening elsewhere.

In line with the title of this thread, my dreams have definately not been answered, but I'll live with it for now. It can be an enjoyable experience but could have been so much better.

One thing I have to be grateful for though is that without the disappointment of FM3 I probably would never ventured into the fun of MW2.......and I'm really enjoying that game now I don't have anywhere near the motivation to play FM3 as much as I did FM2.

Last edited by jonboy1066; 18 Feb 2010 at 02:45.

Perry McCarthy
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2635478)   #339
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh, now speaking of disappointments....MW2!

Similar to Forza 3 really. Very good, but could have had a little more. Only with even worse multiplayer!
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2635579)   #340
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Ooh, now speaking of disappointments....MW2!

Similar to Forza 3 really. Very good, but could have had a little more. Only with even worse multiplayer!
Surely ur just up for an argument??

MW2 is outstanding, full stop!
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2635621)   #341
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It really isn't.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2635626)   #342
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
LOL, ok buddy.

All down to personal opinion i guess.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2635652)   #343
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Single player is good.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2635662)   #344
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Single player is good.
Its mad how people see things differently, i think single player is crap, far to short & too easy even on veteren.

Spec ops is a good addition but u can't beat the online mode!!

Anyway,
Old 19 Feb 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2636371)   #345
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Bad Company 2 owns MW2...

Anyway, lets just see what Simbin put out for their next title
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2636627)   #346
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:

Anyway, lets just see what Simbin put out for their next title

Sadly I doubt there'll be a next title on XBox or even PS3, I think they got their fingers burned by the casual side of console gaming.

Never mind, I think FM3 will keep me entertained for a bit and RACE Pro still gets a lot of mileage, 'till GT5 arrives, then I have every suspicion that I'll be entertained for long enough by GT5 to build myself a PC and begin racing on iRacing around the middle of next year and leave the horribly compramised world of console racing behind.

Perry McCarthy
Old 20 Feb 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2637150)   #347
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Simbin are finnished with RACE 07 now with the final expansion pack of RACE ON and they have satetd that they are working on the third RACE Game for all platforms using the new Lizard engine (as used in RACE Pro) RACE Pro was basicaly a test of the Lizard engine.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2637152)   #348
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Mmmm Interesting......source?

Perry McCarthy
Old 20 Feb 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2637287)   #349
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
Sadly I doubt there'll be a next title on XBox or even PS3, I think they got their fingers burned by the casual side of console gaming.

Never mind, I think FM3 will keep me entertained for a bit and RACE Pro still gets a lot of mileage, 'till GT5 arrives, then I have every suspicion that I'll be entertained for long enough by GT5 to build myself a PC and begin racing on iRacing around the middle of next year and leave the horribly compramised world of console racing behind.
Funny that because i'm going the other way. I'm sick and tired of windows, games that never run as the manufacturer intended unless you upgrade hardware every 3 months, and the pay per month models that they seem to be heading towards.

I'm not saying that FM3 is perfect, far from it, but its so much easier to just pick up and play as a consumer than messing about with PCs, settings and running servers.

I'm getting old, i'm looking for the easy life
Old 20 Feb 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2637355)   #350
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hepatic, I hail you. Good to know there are some real men in this section of the forum.