Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 14 Oct 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3317618)   #326
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Maybe you should dust off that old car you have parked at the back of your workshop and post a new lap record on the new Pukekohe. Better charge up the battery, chuck some new gas in it and see if the old thing still runs.
Forgive my ignorance but I'm fascinated - which car is it????
Old 17 Oct 2013, 04:13 (Ref:3318728)   #327
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weather update for this weekend

For those that care, I have just checked the weather models and upper air data for the weekend, and its actually looking better all the time.

Rain will not be on the cards, unless we get a localised dose of drizzle, but with upper air temps quite warm and a low level temperature inversion, I doubt it (this is based off upper air data). There may be scattered clouds and that's it....the sun should come out and play

From a wind perspective, Saturday now looks to be quite a weak westerly. So this means that things wont be flying all over the show like last time. With this setup the temperatures should reach 20 DegC.

On Sunday the wind will shift ever so slightly to the SW, but the isobars are not close enough to cause any concern. I am predicting similar air temps too, so upwards of 20 DegC....possibly warmer on the Saturday due to inland geography of HD.

Night time temps will be typical spring temps, i.e. usually around half of the maximum for the day. Lowest I am looking at will be about 12 DegC. Please note that night time temps refer to 9pm - 9am.

So in lay terms, should be good to sit on the embankments and not have to anchor yourself down.....and have a few bevvies, a feed, and watch some racing.

And remember the All Blacks don't play until the evening...so there is no excuse

Hope to see a bigger crowd this weekend. Also not sure if Dan Jilesen has raised the required funds to be in the BOC car...shame from my point of view. But I guess I will find out 2moro when I head down for a looksee

EDIT: Just seen the entry list... http://www.v8st.co.nz/images/assets/2013_R6_ENTRIES.pdf

I see Steve Owen is now with Eddie Bell and Drew Russell will be in the BOC car with Garry Jacobson. Supercar drivers all over the show! I count 20 in total over the 17 cars on the entry list

Last edited by NZSTfan; 17 Oct 2013 at 04:43. Reason: ummm found some new info eh bro
Old 17 Oct 2013, 06:40 (Ref:3318756)   #328
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
EDIT: Just seen the entry list... http://www.v8st.co.nz/images/assets/2013_R6_ENTRIES.pdf

I see Steve Owen is now with Eddie Bell and Drew Russell will be in the BOC car with Garry Jacobson. Supercar drivers all over the show! I count 20 in total over the 17 cars on the entry list
I notice that the M2 Motorsports car is missing from the list, they've stated on their Facebook page that they will be racing at Hampton Downs this weekend with McLennan and Waters the drivers. So that makes 18 cars.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3318758)   #329
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
I notice that the M2 Motorsports car is missing from the list, they've stated on their Facebook page that they will be racing at Hampton Downs this weekend with McLennan and Waters the drivers. So that makes 18 cars.
Richard Moore/Tim Slade also aren't on the list. I assume that's another error and there'll be 19 cars.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3318760)   #330
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I understand, on very good authority, that M2 will not be at Hampton Downs, however the good news is that Andy Booth an Australian Dunlop Series driver Shea Davies will be back in the AV8 Holden. So that makes a total of 18 car and 22 Australian V8 Supercar drivers at Hampton Downs this weekend, I would not miss it for quid's!
Old 17 Oct 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3318764)   #331
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
I understand, on very good authority, that M2 will not be at Hampton Downs, however the good news is that Andy Booth an Australian Dunlop Series driver Shea Davies will be back in the AV8 Holden. So that makes a total of 18 car and 22 Australian V8 Supercar drivers at Hampton Downs this weekend, I would not miss it for quid's!
Has something happened in the last couple of days? On the 14th they stated on their Facebook page that they were and this article was on the NZ Motor Racing website : http://www.nzmotorracing.co.nz/mclen...ton-downs.html
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3318768)   #332
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Has something happened in the last couple of days? On the 14th they stated on their Facebook page that they were and this article was on the NZ Motor Racing website : http://www.nzmotorracing.co.nz/mclen...ton-downs.html
AD, trust me on this. I have no other comment.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3318772)   #333
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
AD, trust me on this. I have no other comment.
Fair enough Mark, I'm sure M2 will fill us in in due course.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3318780)   #334
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sure enough:

https://www.facebook.com/M2Motorspor...84315791606259
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3318781)   #335
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is that lawyers I smell?
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3318787)   #336
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Ooops... I appeared to have made a mistake based on the entry list. How I missed Moore and Slade I just dont know. My bad, sorry.
Still though an epic list of drivers and with good weather on the cards and a field full of stars and the return of the utes etc, it should be a good weekend.
Cant wait
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3318788)   #337
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Is that lawyers I smell?
Nah - I just layed a fresh deuce.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3318789)   #338
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Yeah, just seen that as well. Wonder what the issue is? If it's the V8ST management preventing them from competing for whatever reason it's not a good look for the series.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3318799)   #339
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Nah - I just layed a fresh deuce.

You at HD 2moro HP?
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3318802)   #340
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, just seen that as well. Wonder what the issue is? If it's the V8ST management preventing them from competing for whatever reason it's not a good look for the series.
i guess it is too short notice to come south and do an enduro?? if the car is eligible ???
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3318818)   #341
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
I can fill you in, Ray Noonan the owner run around in the previous week with new contracts. 3 of the teams as i know have not signed them.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3318823)   #342
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post

You at HD 2moro HP?
Yep - but only in the morning Will pop down to Pukekohe for the afternoon afterwards
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3318828)   #343
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I understand, on very good authority, that the new owners of this series are making a bloody shambles, and the proverbial straw to break the camels back aint far away.... End of this season can't some soon enough i'd imagine, chance to regroup and sort this out. Last season they had the tech issues to figure out to get the series running smoothly, not they've done that it's time to sort out whats going on with the running of the series. Whatever M2 have done, why they can't show up and run this weekend is beyond me...
Old 17 Oct 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3318835)   #344
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Whatever M2 have done, why they can't show up and run this weekend is beyond me...
That would be the common sense approach. Unfortunately motorsport in NZ doesn't seem to have much common sense.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3319097)   #345
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That would be the common sense approach. Unfortunately motorsport in NZ doesn't seem to have much common sense.
I'm sure threats made to team owners early this week did not help nor go down well with a number of teams. And made "in the interest of the class".
Go figure.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3319168)   #346
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
I'm sure threats made to team owners early this week did not help nor go down well with a number of teams. And made "in the interest of the class".
Go figure.
And how do you know that it is not?

The knockers and haters will always remain negative, but the fact is that most motor racing people realise that V8 Supertourers is the best thing that has ever happened to New Zealand motor racing ever, and it will not only survive, but grow much stronger in years to come.

I also know that this is an open invitation for all of those Knockers and haters to shoot arrows at me, but hey they will anyway so fire away if you must, just don't expect me to retaliate if thats your end game.

I am very proud of what the four of us, Jacko, Gazz,the Rabbit, and myself created, and will remain so for the rest of my life.

Mark Petch.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3319169)   #347
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
$$$$$$$$$$
Old 17 Oct 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3319175)   #348
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The knockers and haters will always remain negative, but the fact is that most motor racing people realise that V8 Supertourers is the best thing that has ever happened to New Zealand motor racing ever, and it will not only survive, but grow much stronger in years to come.

I also know that this is an open invitation for all of those Knockers and haters to shoot arrows at me, but hey they will anyway so fire away if you must, just don't expect me to retaliate if thats your end game.

I am very proud of what the four of us, Jacko, Gazz,the Rabbit, and myself created, and will remain so for the rest of my life.

Mark Petch.
Mark, even being such a big supporter of the class as yourself, do you not agree that if near everyone competing in the class is upset with the way it is being run, should that not be an indication to those in charge that they need to look at what they're doing?

I love the series, but then you talk to the guys that are competing in it and are the ones forking out the money to run and repair their cars, and you hear a lot of discontent.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3319187)   #349
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Mark Petch.
Not being negative, and in no way in criticism of the ST concept in general, but how does the series owner gain any credible working relationship with the car owners by resorting to threats to obtain the ends that only initially show benefit to the series owner.
Surely the car owners should have some input in their future, and how it is managed. Who's to say the series owner know best. Its been shown in a number of instances quite clearly they don't.
It cant grow stronger without the confidence or support of the team owners, the methods recently employed does seem a strange way to progress the series.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3319286)   #350
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oops....sounds like it's going to get passed along the line again next season. Wont be long before some people are just a distant memory.