Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3467055)   #326
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Speaking of Neate, he said before the season that he was working on a comeback for 2015, but haven't heard since
Old 21 Oct 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3467072)   #327
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
United Autosport have put the BTCC team up for sale, reported on Autosport site
Old 21 Oct 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3467081)   #328
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
United Autosport have put the BTCC team up for sale, reported on Autosport site
Not quite. Zak Brown has but his share of the team up for sale and therefore they are looking for a new investor. This may eventually amount to some changes though, according to Richard Dean.

Dean told AUTOSPORT that he was looking for a partner to invest in the team and help it climb up the BTCC grid.
"To run at the head of the British Touring Car Championship, we need to go to the next level," he said.
"We want to push on and invest in the team to reach the front, and we are looking for someone to come on board and help us get there.
"If we can't get to that situation, then we still have plenty of programmes to run and we will scale back to a situation that we can manage. There are a lot of things to discuss at the moment."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116446
Old 21 Oct 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3467084)   #329
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Not quite. Zak Brown has but his share of the team up for sale and therefore they are looking for a new investor. This may eventually amount to some changes though, according to Richard Dean.
But isn't the team ostensibly paid for by Zak Brown and run by Richard Dean ? I wonder does this decision affect all the UA outfits on the TOCA package ?
Old 21 Oct 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3467091)   #330
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe 2014 was a toe in the water to see if Zak Brown would payroll it for the future, considering they underperformed as a team expected of much better results I guess the Big investor didnt want to waist his millions on a domestic entertainment show with no return.

Hopefully they can pull it together and continue , but you always have to be wary of teams more concerned about putting their own name on a car in big letters with no title sponsor, the money will run out and no one will seriously invest in something that wont give a return.

It appears Mr Brown has his business head screwed on right.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3467096)   #331
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
maybe 2014 was a toe in the water to see if Zak Brown would payroll it for the future, considering they underperformed as a team expected of much better results I guess the Big investor didnt want to waist his millions on a domestic entertainment show with no return.

Hopefully they can pull it together and continue , but you always have to be wary of teams more concerned about putting their own name on a car in big letters with no title sponsor, the money will run out and no one will seriously invest in something that wont give a return.

It appears Mr Brown has his business head screwed on right.
Maybe a chance for the recently mention Mr Neate or Mr Gilham! Both 'want' to return as drivers but also to run teams, if they have the funding it could be their chance! More than likely though it means we'll see two TBL's up for grabs and some spare Toyota's. Shame as I like UA, lets hope they find someone willing to buy Zak Browns share & keep it going.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3467097)   #332
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
But isn't the team ostensibly paid for by Zak Brown and run by Richard Dean ? I wonder does this decision affect all the UA outfits on the TOCA package ?
Probably it is, I was just clarifying what UA are saying compared to the post, technically they are selling ZB's stake at the moment, this may well amount to selling/closing the BTCC operation in the end and due to economy of scale, their TOCA support?

The good thing about the TBL system though is that it actually makes the BTCC entry tangible, so they may well sell a stake or all of it to another party that wants to enter but can't get an entry (particularly now AG's sleeve has emptied) and of course the cars have a longer competitive life under NGTC regs.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3467385)   #333
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for the rumor mill

Moffat joins Morgan in the 2nd Mercedes , Morgan said that a 2nd Mercedes shall is already prepared

likely scenario the Cruze saloon is striped of the TOCA bits and the shall will be sold to BTC Racing
Old 22 Oct 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3467386)   #334
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
for the rumor mill

Moffat joins Morgan in the 2nd Mercedes , Morgan said that a 2nd Mercedes shall is already prepared

likely scenario the Cruze saloon is striped of the TOCA bits and the shall will be sold to BTC Racing
shell
Old 22 Oct 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3467434)   #335
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
for the rumor mill

Was thinking that myself.

Wee article from TCT on it: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...-aiden-moffat/
Old 22 Oct 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3467438)   #336
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so now confirmed Aidan Moffat in 2nd Mercedes

let's see if the 2nd part of the rumor gets confirmed...
Old 22 Oct 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3467444)   #337
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so now confirmed Aidan Moffat in 2nd Mercedes

let's see if the 2nd part of the rumor gets confirmed...
Aiden Moffat in a Mercedes and the chance if a 2nd one run by Ciceley, so potentially 3 Merc's on the grid, but 2 for sure

I think the second part of the rumour will depend on what £££ BTC have as they operate on a tight shoe string budget.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3467473)   #338
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
I think the second part of the rumour will depend on what £££ BTC have as they operate on a tight shoe string budget.
You are probably right but to be fair to BTC they are making all the right noises with press releases etc, as is Chris Stockton, fingers crossed hey.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3467567)   #339
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
You are probably right but to be fair to BTC they are making all the right noises with press releases etc, as is Chris Stockton, fingers crossed hey.

Hopefully if Power Max commit to next year they will have the budget to change cars or do some serious testing with their Cruze
Old 23 Oct 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3467575)   #340
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Hopefully if Power Max commit to next year they will have the budget to change cars or do some serious testing with their Cruze
Let's hope so, I felt desperately sorry for them with all the engine issues they had, I rate Chris as a driver, so would love to see them back, I also think there is potential in the Cruze too, maybe more so in the saloon.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3467602)   #341
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit more on the Moffat story: http://www.insidebtcc.com/moffat-set...des-btcc-2015/
Old 23 Oct 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3467623)   #342
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside BTCC View Post
Great article, made good lunchtime reading, don't suppose you can shed any light on the 3 TBL's that are question marks around? I would assume 2 of those are UA's if a buyer for Zak Browns shares can't be found?

I know I might be pushing my luck asking & realise you may not be able to say! But if you don't ask you don't get
Old 23 Oct 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3467628)   #343
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great article, made good lunchtime reading, don't suppose you can shed any light on the 3 TBL's that are question marks around? I would assume 2 of those are UA's if a buyer for Zak Browns shares can't be found?

I know I might be pushing my luck asking & realise you may not be able to say! But if you don't ask you don't get
Can't say at the moment as their availability depends on various factors and it wouldn't be fair on the teams involved when they are still working on potential programmes.

All I can say is don't assume anything...
Old 23 Oct 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3467632)   #344
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Can't say at the moment as their availability depends on various factors and it wouldn't be fair on the teams involved when they are still working on potential programmes.

As Steel Wheels said, it was always worth asking. So in the absence of any firm information, we can continue to speculate.

I reckon that it's possibly three lower order Toyotas - two UA and Simon Belcher's.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3467652)   #345
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the United Autosports TBLS

Didnt James Cole state earlier in the year that he had signed with them for 3 years ?

Maybe it should be that any Teams scoring less than a certain number of points at the end of the year, they have the TBLs called back in so other teams waiting can have a go .

whatever, the TBLs up for grabs are going to be like a Wonka bar golden ticket !
Old 23 Oct 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3467654)   #346
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Aiden Moffat in a Mercedes and the chance if a 2nd one run by Ciceley, so potentially 3 Merc's on the grid, but 2 for sure

Could even be more Merc's on the grid, How about Plato in one for a new team with Nicholas Hamilton as the second driver?
Old 23 Oct 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3467663)   #347
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Quote:

Thanks, I thought your lips would have to remain sealed!

If we are not assuming anything, the way I see things there are many many possibilities:

1-2 of 888's TBL's could be up for grabs if Plato takes his money elsewhere and no deals are forthcoming, though one would be kept for Hynes as I beleieve he has a deal in place. Though all 3 could still be used.

Pirtek, if they change cars would they still run 2, will Depper fund another year?

Dynamics, can't see them not enetering even if Honda did pull out.

WSR, look like they have more drivers wanting seats than they have cars and TBL's.

Motorbase, depends on replacing Airwaves, though would expect at least one for Clarke/Crabbies and another for a Ford and or possible 3 series BMW?

BMR can't see them adding more cars to the current 4, though did they buy the TBL's of Gilham/TeamHARD or just lease them?

RAR looking like staying as this year.

UA looking for an investors to take Zak Browns shares.

Laser Tools, look like one car Merc team linked up with WIX.

Houseman, want to be back, but did they have the 'loaned' TBL?

Speedworks and Handy, if backing is avaiable, though Handy are using Speedworks 2nd TBL I think.

Infiniti have 2 TBL's

WIX, AmD, Rotek want another TBL and Tony Gilham has stated although he wants to definately be back as a driver would also like to re-enter TeamHARD!!!

And thats without any of the 'under the radar' stuff!
Old 23 Oct 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3467680)   #348
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

BMR can't see them adding more cars to the current 4, though did they buy the TBL's of Gilham/TeamHARD or just lease them?

and Tony Gilham has stated although he wants to definately be back as a driver would also like to re-enter TeamHARD!!!
I think the TBL's are BMR's and they may even let Gilham have one this year.

Let's face it, it was Team Hard's exploits in 2013 that help introduce them, so I would be really surprised if they belong to Gilham..
Old 23 Oct 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3467688)   #349
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the BTCC needs a(nother) feeder series...
Old 23 Oct 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3467689)   #350
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Let's hope so, I felt desperately sorry for them with all the engine issues they had, I rate Chris as a driver, so would love to see them back, I also think there is potential in the Cruze too, maybe more so in the saloon.
has there been any case since NGTC introduction that a team with shoe string budget attempting to run their own engines ended up in anything else than a big failure ???

let's see the results so far

- Rob Austin tried with 3 engine suppliers before finally going the TOCA Swindon route, his problems partially cured after switch to TOCA unit
- Dan Welsh own engine so far wasn't anything but a big fiasco

- BTC Racing program again , once they switched to the TOCA unit Chris Stockdon said that they finally had reliability and he could could actually race other cars ...

the only teams who had reasonable success with their own engine where Dynamics, WSR and Motorbase but this teams also have reasonable budgets !!

a small exception was Frank Wrathall but not sure who paid for his Toyota NGTC engine
Closed Thread