Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:12 (Ref:4226946)   #326
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Ferraris, no Cadillac, and in their home race, no Toyotas... And yet, a great race.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:13 (Ref:4226947)   #327
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Sorry error in post

Last edited by flatlandsman; 15 Sep 2024 at 08:19.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:14 (Ref:4226948)   #328
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Only managed the last 2.5 hours so missed the early stuff. Strange one, lots of cars seemed top have pace.

Bamber needs to be gone, sorry but he is at the centre of far too much idiocy and the way he was driving that car back, he is a lunatic for me. Shame as the car was
I'm starting to agree about Bamber. He isn't worth the trouble. It's telling that he was dropped from the Porsche factory driver roster.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:16 (Ref:4226950)   #329
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andre Lotterer has figured out how to drive the Porsche. It's two races now that he has been on the pace.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:18 (Ref:4226951)   #330
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Bamber needs to be gone, sorry but he is at the centre of far too much idiocy and the way he was driving that car back, he is a lunatic for me. Shame as the car was
Not sure about that ... this race alone Kobayashi & Hirakawa were both more pointlessly aggressive (Hirakawa is lucky nothing more came of it). Hirakawa's also had a somewhat spotty record in WEC recently, especially when the pressure is on. Would they be gone as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Andre Lotterer has figured out how to drive the Porsche. It's two races now that he has been on the pace.
Post-Le Mans, he's been on-pace with his teammates. It may not be enough to save his seat, but he has played his part in the #6's title surge.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:19 (Ref:4226952)   #331
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
Weird race as I only watched the last half.

Lots of cars with pace in both classes.

How lucky was the Manthey 911 with the last safety car, when it falls your way it just does. Then the rival gets a flat, I mean that car has been stupidly, almost unbelievably lucky all year, with pace clearly too.

Bamber needs to be gone, hopefully Jota dont go anywhere near him, he is at the centre of too much stupidity, and I feel with them the car is quick but it is often the drivers that are losing them results. You could see the Alpine was going to lap the Aston, just give some space, you are not in a Porsche Cup race you idiot.

Kamui, dick move. Ferraro no pace at all, I mean you are being passed by Peugeot's at the end regardless of tyres that is poor. But for me funny sorry.

Great results for BMW, up there all day, Alpine I think that car has the most potential of any car out there right now. and even Peugeot at the end, I know it was tyre helped but great to see them passing people.

Rossi's best stints in a GT car I think too.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:19 (Ref:4226953)   #332
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I used to be Bamber and Kubica fan. Make me think to cancel the two memberships.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:22 (Ref:4226954)   #333
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Thomas Flohr on the line. Great.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:29 (Ref:4226956)   #334
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
Read elsewhere 6 could have some issues with tyres pressures, usually just a rollicking though not penalties
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4226957)   #335
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
And manage the tires.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:33 (Ref:4226958)   #336
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Charles Milesi took P7 by 8 thousandths of a second over the Peugeot. I hope he does not take today too hard. Absolutely impressive drive aside from the contact.
Which was avoidable as 80 per cent of the contacts IMO. The Alpine pit wall must react. Or be changed.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4226959)   #337
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, notice something...

The entire podium is... LMDh. Looks like Mr. Doonan has a point, that these cars can compete and even win.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:43 (Ref:4226960)   #338
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good BoP and EoT…
Old 15 Sep 2024, 08:54 (Ref:4226962)   #339
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Best lap for Milesi is more than encouraging. The finish of the two Peugeots was surprisingly good which brings questions.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 09:20 (Ref:4226965)   #340
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheap farce scripted race with billion FCY and PC to compress the field. I'm not a NASCAR fan to watch this type of a show. And from my point of view it was a clear "schieb ihn raus" moment for #5.

It wasn't worth of cancelling a healthy nap.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 10:04 (Ref:4226970)   #341
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
The entire podium is... LMDh. Looks like Mr. Doonan has a point, that these cars can compete and even win.
Just a matter of good BOP and both here and at COTA it was very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Cheap farce scripted race with billion FCY and PC to compress the field. I'm not a NASCAR fan to watch this type of a show.
You didn't like, fine, not everyone has to enjoy a good race. I surely don't consider an early wakeup today a mistake, was a good show.

Two last things from me:
  • the championship for the 6 isn't sealed yet, they need either 8th place in Bahrain or pole + 9th place, assuming that the 50 wins
  • if this season can't convince Honda that LMDh formula is competitive, then I don't know what could
Old 15 Sep 2024, 12:42 (Ref:4226979)   #342
Articus
Veteran

How did the 50 Ferrari get shuffled down the order? I remember them running around top 5 with an hour to go.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 13:04 (Ref:4226989)   #343
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Killed the tyres and dropped like a stone in the last hour. From P4 to P9 if I remember right.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 13:28 (Ref:4226993)   #344
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Cheap farce scripted race with billion FCY and PC to compress the field. I'm not a NASCAR fan to watch this type of a show. And from my point of view it was a clear "schieb ihn raus" moment for #5.

It wasn't worth of cancelling a healthy nap.
Yet you come here every event to whinge AND watch them all. So obviously you actually ARE a fan of it.

Poor racing and I turn it off, it's fairly simple
Old 15 Sep 2024, 13:29 (Ref:4226994)   #345
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
[*]if this season can't convince Honda that LMDh formula is competitive, then I don't know what could
Is it a competition thing or money for them?
Old 15 Sep 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4226995)   #346
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Is it a competition thing or money for them?
I thought it was the latter, along the lines of HRC (USA) pushing for it, but not being able to fund a WEC entry without Honda (Japan) support, which is clearly not coming.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 14:37 (Ref:4227005)   #347
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another fantastic race. Really enjoyed that.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 14:51 (Ref:4227007)   #348
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Another fantastic race. Really enjoyed that.
It was an absolute corker - felt like the first time the new boys have properly arrived to the party. Probably my favourite non-LM race of the new era so far.

Peugeot keep edging closer to winner’s distance, with impressive reliability and both cars running close together each time. Today’s result is a hugely encouraging boost for that programme.

I know Lotterer has been inconsistent, but in a season of fine margins, the drivers in #6 seem to be making all the difference.

I feel that Alpine’s driver lineup has gone under the radar somewhat, but Milesi is fast turning into a standout performer in a field littered with talent and experience.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 14:55 (Ref:4227009)   #349
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I know Lotterer has been inconsistent, but in a season of fine margins, the drivers in #6 seem to be making all the difference.

I feel that Alpine’s driver lineup has gone under the radar somewhat, but Milesi is fast turning into a standout performer in a field littered with talent and experience.
Whatever issues Lotterer was having with the 963, he seems to have worked on then over the summer and post-LM he's been on the pace of his teammates.

Alpine in general have quietly impessed - again, after Le Mans they've sorted out the car and the drivers are shining, and not just Milesi (although he is clearly the best of the bunch right now).
Old 15 Sep 2024, 15:13 (Ref:4227015)   #350
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yet you come here every event to whinge AND watch them all. So obviously you actually ARE a fan of it.

Poor racing and I turn it off, it's fairly simple
I've been here since 2008 and it's obvious that I'm a fan of endurance. I did enjoy Interlagos and Austin, because they were more or less old school.

Why shouldn't I say that for some % of fans it was clearly an overdoze of neutralizations just for "competition yellows" which ruined a normal race at Fuji.

I hate lots of things in this World but I still live within and talk about it. What a problem to have an opinion parallel to others?