Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which car will win the SCA 1000?
#1 Whincup / Owen 15 12.10%
#2 Tander / McConville 6 4.84%
#3 D'Alberto / Price 1 0.81%
#4 Davison / Brabham 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom / Youlden 6 4.84%
#6 Richards / Moffat 1 0.81%
#7 Kelly / Wood 0 0%
#8 Richards / Jones 2 1.61%
#9 Van Gisbergen / McIntyre 11 8.87%
#10 Thompson / Briscoe 1 0.81%
#11 Bargwanna / Seton 0 0%
#12 Fiore / Patrizi 0 0%
#14 Bright / Halliday 3 2.42%
#15 Kelly / Kelly 1 0.81%
#16 Ricciardello / Douglas 2 1.61%
#17 Johnson / Marshall 4 3.23%
#18 Courtney / Luff 17 13.71%
#19 Webb / Russell 0 0%
#21 Reindler / Wall 1 0.81%
#22 Davison / Reynolds 1 0.81%
#24 Coulthard / Baird 0 0%
#27 Assaillit / Pedersen 1 0.81%
#30 Noske / Pretty 0 0%
#33 Holdsworth / Besnard 4 3.23%
#34 Caruso / Ritter 0 0%
#39 Ingall / Morris 0 0%
#44 Emery / Zukanovic* 1 0.81%
#47 Slade / Perkins 0 0%
#51 Murphy / Simonsen 1 0.81%
#55 Dumbrell / Canto 0 0%
#888 Lowndes / Skaife 45 36.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Oct 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2775953)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Who wants to see another lame 'show' car... might work outside a supermarket, but probably not at a motorshow where the punters want to see more than just some shiny stickers from a distance.
888 have 4 VE Commodores in their shed... all fully functional, all can show off their immaculate presentation... not really an Executive with a sticker & wheel makeover like FPR are wont to do
Old 17 Oct 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2776109)   #327
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8Xtra

The panelists are very complimentary of Mr Besnard in this piece, suggesting that he has raised his 'level' this year to run with the front runners.

Mr Besnard has often shown an ability to run a very good car on or near its absolute potential speed. What hasnt always shown itself to be true is an ability to lead a technical direction on chassis changes. Having Mr Skaife in #888 from all accounts showed that even the 'best' of chassis can be adjusted and improved with the right level of 'seat of the pants' engineering... a fresh perspective.. while nobody would claim Mr Whincup or Mr Lowndes to be dud drivers...

It seems weird that the VESA mob would run a story like This One claiming some pea soup is being stirred about Mr Besnard and Mr Holdsworth, and precisely who was driving when the stewards made their call...

If #33 was in 2nd gear, the car's speed limiter would not have worked. While there would also be a big "2" on the digital dashboard in front of the driver. And the car would be unresponsive to the throttle, with the clutch potentially slipping all the way as throttle percentage increases to get the thing up the hill.

Why the scapegoat game? What has happened in the background that nobody seems to be telling us? There were other cover stories around like the team put 'bad' tyres on the #33 car at the stop, as they apparently werent aware that Mr Besnard was coming into the pits. How does that happen?? Did GRM burn all their greens earlier in the weekend trying to get near the top of the pops?

I was actually quite disappointed that the 2 pilots in #34 couldnt get their car up to the same kind of speed coming from the #33 unit...

Very strange...
Old 17 Oct 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2776140)   #328
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why the scapegoat game? What has happened in the background that nobody seems to be telling us? There were other cover stories around like the team put 'bad' tyres on the #33 car at the stop, as they apparently werent aware that Mr Besnard was coming into the pits. How does that happen?? Did GRM burn all their greens earlier in the weekend trying to get near the top of the pops?
Agreed its very strange, I just dunno what is to be gained from all this? Maybe Bezzy told Mr Rogers to get f'd?
Old 22 Oct 2010, 05:36 (Ref:2778228)   #329
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
"I want Bezzie for 2011" - Rogers

Sounds like someone with a bit of a guilty conscience huh...

But not picking a driver just because he lives in that state sounds a bit on the nose...
Old 22 Oct 2010, 05:49 (Ref:2778231)   #330
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Garry
I feel it is important to clarify statements in the press from Speedcafe.com.au and the V8 Supercar website.

Here are the facts:
V8 Supercars in the press release of their own prior to Bathurst and in complete contradiction to the factual information I had personally given them reported that David Besnard would partner Lee Holdsworth on the Gold Coast.

In a conversation prior to that release with Damien White of V8 Supercars I clearly told Damien that our driver line-up was Lee Holdsworth, Michael Caruso, Greg Ritter and David Besnard and we would choose from these drivers prior to the close of entries on Tuesday 12 October.

Damien White’s reply was that V8 Supercars themselves do not control the V8 Supercar website reporting, which I find to be quite amazing.

Obviously Lee Holdsworth and Michael Caruso were definite starters and we would choose between Greg Ritter and David Besnard and that had always been our intention.

Facts regarding selection:

David Besnard has been a very important member of our team for sometime and whilst David had been keen to compete the Gold Coast event so had Greg and I would make the decision at the appropriate time.

My position is to manage GRM to the best of my ability to give commercial value to our sponsors and that is what I work towards at every event.

I know that a heading such as “Ritter in for the Gold Coast” does not excite the journalist mind as the statement “Bezzy boned for Ritter” does.

David Besnard drove an excellent race for our team at Bathurst as he has previously done. Our driver line-up is based on the well being of our teams results and David deserves more respect than some ill informed journalist jibe and incorrect use of the Queen’s English.

Garry
From Here

So... the song and dance show is still rolling along... Big question is... WHY?
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2782357)   #331
BJAY
Racer

Australia
Canberra, Australia
BJAY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that haven't seen it, onboard from Coulthard's VESA camera during his crash at Bathurst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWeAd...layer_embedded