Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Sep 2003, 14:45 (Ref:727786)   #326
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spotted this wheel today at PC World, it looks to me like Thrustmaster's attempt at a Momo, and certainly looks pretty good to me. Has anyone seen or heard anything about it?

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...ctCode=RM00287
Old 23 Sep 2003, 15:24 (Ref:727814)   #327
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking along the same lines. I know a nifty shortcut through the back streets of Monaco that might come in useful.... Then, i plan do lap in the 1m30's, while still running at Ayses pace, yet continuing the use of my shortcut.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 18:09 (Ref:727965)   #328
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
I spotted this wheel today at PC World, it looks to me like Thrustmaster's attempt at a Momo, and certainly looks pretty good to me. Has anyone seen or heard anything about it?

Wow, that's a real MOMO copy isn't it?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 18:23 (Ref:727980)   #329
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
It looks like it, but I can't find any reviews of it anywhere. The box was bloody heavy mind, so it was either lined with lead waits or made from good quality stuff.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:21 (Ref:728034)   #330
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bet somehwere on it, you'll find a logitech logo they forgot to get rid of
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:40 (Ref:728055)   #331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, scratched off with a blunt chisel.......
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:54 (Ref:728063)   #332
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
just spotted how I spelt "weights" .
Old 24 Sep 2003, 07:12 (Ref:728411)   #333
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
They'll have done a good cover up mind you. We might have to look on a circuit board, or the inside of a bearing or something.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:36 (Ref:728666)   #334
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Probably no bearings in it. Just elastic bands and clothes pegs.....
Old 25 Sep 2003, 15:58 (Ref:729846)   #335
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...ctCode=RM00287
It's my wheel! (when the soddin' computer is working that is.)

I quite like it. It seems a robust wheel. It is very substanstial and it doesn't seem like it's going to fall apart any time soon.

The pedals are nicely weighted and have a nice feel.

The only thing is my throttle pedal failed. I haven't taken it apart to have a look but it could be something simple. Besides, I went over to using the analogue paddles behind the wheel and found it suits me better.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:31 (Ref:729879)   #336
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hows the force feedback Spud? And (to keep us on topic) will you be joining us on sunday/tuesday or are your computer troubles on going?
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:06 (Ref:729917)   #337
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I'm away at a friend's place this weekend where we'll be trying to fix the thing. So hopefully I'll be back in business for Tuesday (and very rusty!).

As for the FF on the wheel, I like it. I haven't tried any other wheels for comparison though.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:28 (Ref:729933)   #338
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Certainly sounds good, I'll have to see how my finances look after Christmas .
Old 25 Sep 2003, 18:37 (Ref:729987)   #339
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
oh it's the praccy race this Sunday isn't it?

I probably won't be here.

I guess me and ayse were wrong to joke about the wheel then
Old 25 Sep 2003, 18:46 (Ref:729997)   #340
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, it sounds OK after all. Is anyone going to be around on Sunday?
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:06 (Ref:730024)   #341
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, i might be around, but since there's no GP, i forgot about the praccy and made other arrangements. I'm gonna be back for the GP, and i will be here all Saturday if you want to move it to then. I should make it for the real thing, but i don't really know, because i'm in a bit of a mess with homework and other stuff atm.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:58 (Ref:730080)   #342
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am racing in Birmingham, so I will not be back till late, I am afriad.

GOod news is I should be returing to racing soon. I have seen a new wheel, so I should get it. Watch out
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:00 (Ref:730081)   #343
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
when, tuesday or sunday?
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:02 (Ref:730084)   #344
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm happy to run a race on Sunday at 2.00, but unless there are at least three of us there, I don't propose to bother.

I'm actually feeling a little rusty. I haven't driven for three days...... - shock horror!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:11 (Ref:730093)   #345
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Ayse last time i drove Monaco, it was to try to break into the 26's in the Lotus (on the back of my 27.2 in the Cooper)

A miserable session saw me doing 23 laps, and a best of 1m28.9 I'm not confident for Tuesday at all.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 22:59 (Ref:730251)   #346
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I haven't driven GPL since my uber lap at the Ring but I'll be about on sunday if there is a race to attend, I'm guessing ozy will be there too?
Old 26 Sep 2003, 08:21 (Ref:730515)   #347
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'll be in the chatroom on VROC for 2.00 p.m.ish - we'll take it from there. But as I say, 3 drivers has to be the minimum - I'm not desperately keen to run an hour's practice and a race for 3 people........
Old 26 Sep 2003, 16:09 (Ref:730946)   #348
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I will not be there on the Sunday, I will be there on the Tuesday, to watch the race (and wishing I was racing)
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:31 (Ref:732695)   #349
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry guys I am going to MIA this afternoon, something has come up. It also looks like I am going to missing on Tuesday too.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:51 (Ref:732703)   #350
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hopefully Ozy, pirenzo and Ayse will all decide to show then. See you on track soon then Rob.