Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Jun 2011, 04:02 (Ref:2903249)   #3701
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers htc,

got three birds with the one stone there, forgot to ask about the Car-Trek machine.
So did Stenniken build the car himself...or was it from someone else?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2903318)   #3702
htc
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
htc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascofi m-sport View Post
cheers htc,

got three birds with the one stone there, forgot to ask about the Car-Trek machine.
So did Stenniken build the car himself...or was it from someone else?
by the old magazines Stenniken did some of the work with the fitout of the dencar shell done by Derek Van Zelm's business Motorsport Engineering Services.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2903438)   #3703
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what has happened to the GRM built V8 Super ute
Old 24 Jun 2011, 02:46 (Ref:2905025)   #3704
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
One) wasn't the GRM V8 Super ute using old parts from one of their old cars...it shouldn't be hard to find...we hope.

Two) now with that we know the Stenniken car was a Dencar shell (by my reckoning between #5 and #34)...a new challenge for all. List all the Dencar shells and where they went.
Any Takers?
Old 24 Jun 2011, 02:47 (Ref:2905026)   #3705
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
One) wasn't the GRM V8 Super ute using old parts from one of their old cars...it shouldn't be hard to find...we hope.

Two) now with that we know the Stenniken car was a Dencar shell (by my reckoning between #5 and #34)...a new challenge for all. List all the Dencar shells and where they went.
Any Takers?
Old 24 Jun 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2905027)   #3706
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This car is the basis for the SuperUte isnt it?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Jun 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2905630)   #3707
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ausralian GP touring car race DVD's

Hi Everyone,
does anyone have the 1985-1991 Australian GP touring car support races please?
Thanks.
Nev.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2906598)   #3708
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
This car is the basis for the SuperUte isnt it?
Odd that it was restored to the 'Sega' livery. Surely the Richards/Richards Bathurst livery would have been the better choice.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2907115)   #3709
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it too late to split this thread in two? One for the Group C & A cars and one for the V8SC. Every time i see a new post, i get all excited about the possibility of a Group C or Group A barn find or a newly completed restoration and then i get so disappointed when I see it's just another V8SC.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 03:18 (Ref:2907117)   #3710
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Is it too late to split this thread in two? One for the Group C & A cars and one for the V8SC. Every time i see a new post, i get all excited about the possibility of a Group C or Group A barn find or a newly completed restoration and then i get so disappointed when I see it's just another V8SC.
+1

Although the V8SC's can be good to watch sometimes I cannot see they will ever be held in the same regard as the old Gp.C or Gp.A cars. Twenty years from now I doubt we will be seeing a "V8SC Association" dedicated to the preservation and racing of these old things.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 04:08 (Ref:2907121)   #3711
Bown
Rookie

Bown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
+1 please.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2907169)   #3712
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
+1

I doubt we will be seeing a "V8SC Association" dedicated to the preservation and racing of these old things.
Please don't put ideas in anyone's head, brown dog. Ohhh!! too late. The Taxi Council of Australia is already in existence.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2907287)   #3713
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I was just about to post exactly the same thing...
Old 28 Jun 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2907654)   #3714
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's under discussion, although it's a mammoth task for someone. I've already announced I don't know enough about the subject...

If it happens you must all promise to be very, very nice to the person who does it.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2907655)   #3715
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's under discussion, although it's a mammoth task for someone. I've already announced I don't know enough about the subject...

If it happens you must all promise to be very, very nice to the person who does it.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2907679)   #3716
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Easy! Start a new thread, title it "Where are they now? No taxis allowed!" Problem solved.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2908461)   #3717
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2908483)   #3718
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_308 View Post
Loved it ajay!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2908491)   #3719
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post

Picking through 3,700 posts would be quite a job. Perhaps it would be better to start 2 new threads, one for Group C / Group A and another for V8SC and then lock this one. Wouldn't fix things historically but at least going forward the 2 can go in their own direction.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2908559)   #3720
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
No worries, it's all being considered. I think we have a suitable victim... er, volunteer! In the meantime, carry on as you were.

Loved the taxi, BTW. Now that's a great paint sheme. Would look good on a Champ Car I imagine...
Old 30 Jun 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2908560)   #3721
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
No worries, it's all being considered. I think we have a suitable victim... er, volunteer! In the meantime, carry on as you were.

Loved the taxi, BTW. Now that's a great paint sheme. Would look good on a Champ Car I imagine...
Old 30 Jun 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2908596)   #3722
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Australian sporting colours BTW
Old 30 Jun 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2908608)   #3723
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
OT but here you go.....
Old 30 Jun 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2908729)   #3724
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think it's necessary to separate the threads and make a mess.

There is traffic in this thread but no so overwhelming people can't move their finger slightly and scroll down a tad.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 23:01 (Ref:2908947)   #3725
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
OT but here you go...
I did know that. I may have been a bit too subtle. The '...' was meant to be a clue.

Anyway, that's off topic. Back to the subject and then wait and see if something happens, meantime, keep posting. Some amazing depth of knowledge in this thread.