Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2084433)   #351
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Motorbase were talking about getting the 2007 works SEATs, is that still a possibility?
[quote=thereal_tdb]
Nope!quote]

Why not? Will SEAT run the same cars again next year? If they're moving to TDi, then what advantage would they have in keeping the old cars?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2084555)   #352
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
then what advantage would they have in keeping the old cars?
The Cost? I would have thought it would save them time and money not having to get new cars!?

I don't think you will see any other Leons in the BTCC apart from the 'Works Team'!

Last edited by Aunt Sally; 8 Dec 2007 at 22:16.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 22:18 (Ref:2084560)   #353
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally
The Cost? I would have thought it would save them time and money not having to get new cars!?

I don't think you will see any other Leons in the BTCC apart from the 'Works Team'!
What about GR Asia? Where did they (and the customer Leon teams in the WTCC) get their cars from? Where they sold new or are they ex-factory cars?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 22:39 (Ref:2084577)   #354
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
What about GR Asia? Where did they (and the customer Leon teams in the WTCC) get their cars from? Where they sold new or are they ex-factory cars?
Don't know where the other teams got their Leons from!

At the end of the day everyone has to pay for their cars, even North & South! They don't get them for free!
Old 9 Dec 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2084769)   #355
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought GR Asia had bought at least 1 new car for Coronel this year. Don't know about the other cars though.
Old 9 Dec 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2084828)   #356
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally

SEAT are obviously making and selling new Leons as people are buying them around the world. Surely they would make good money selling the year-old cars now and running brand new.

My understanding is that over time, chassis' lose their stiffness and the structure weakens. SEAT as a works team would surely want the 'freshest' chassis for themselves and have the more 'stale' chassis in the hands of their competitors.

What would make sense to me is if SEAT ran brand new cars in WTCC, using the year old cars in BTCC and selling off the used BTCC cars.
Old 9 Dec 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2084842)   #357
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But is there any difference between the Leon TDI chassis and the Leon Petrol chassis though ...

T O-C to Robertshaw Chevy, maybe?

Or maybe not.
Old 9 Dec 2007, 19:35 (Ref:2085014)   #358
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Quote:
My understanding is that over time, chassis' lose their stiffness and the structure weakens. SEAT as a works team would surely want the 'freshest' chassis for themselves and have the more 'stale' chassis in the hands of their competitors.

What would make sense to me is if SEAT ran brand new cars in WTCC, using the year old cars in BTCC and selling off the used BTCC cars.
Yes, I totally agree with your view on how it should be!

But it looks like no one is buying the Leon!
Old 9 Dec 2007, 20:50 (Ref:2085067)   #359
thereal_tdb
Rookie

thereal_tdb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Leon is not for sale.
All the teams that run them lease them along with the engines and gearboxes.

At the end of the lease All cars are returned to spain or an approved team for rebuild.

There was a rumour that Seat would sell cars this year, but as far as i know, this has not happened yet.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 05:44 (Ref:2085264)   #360
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Mat Jackson has confirmed for next year in Priaulx's 2007 320Si on btcc.net here
Old 10 Dec 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2085636)   #361
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the Media Day will be at Rockingham again, Wednesday 12th March.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 15:22 (Ref:2085652)   #362
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mat Jackson has confirmed for next year in Priaulx's 2007 320Si on btcc.net here
So is he keeping last years bmw for a 2nd driver or has he sold it on.

Maybe he keeping it for spares
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2085786)   #363
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbase have got their hands on some BMWs as well... found some artists impressions hiding in the gallery on btcc.net (here and here)
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2085823)   #364
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Motorbase have got their hands on some BMWs as well... found some artists impressions hiding in the gallery on btcc.net (here and here)
Links don't work.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:37 (Ref:2085824)   #365
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Hope you saved them first - they're gone now
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2085830)   #366
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could be a hoax then? I'll believe this when I see it.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:43 (Ref:2085835)   #367
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that Motorbase's website now has a BMW at the top of it, they probably have something to announce on the matter soon.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:44 (Ref:2085836)   #368
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Afters years of absence Bimmers get populair.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 18:28 (Ref:2085882)   #369
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
they probably have something to announce on the matter soon.
If they have. Let Motorbase announce it!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 19:07 (Ref:2085911)   #370
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Are they the ex-WTCC ones?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1643
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:02 (Ref:2086863)   #371
mickeyc
Rookie

mickeyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS
If they have. Let Motorbase announce it!
They have today on their home page
Old 12 Dec 2007, 00:04 (Ref:2086909)   #372
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Up-date!

DriverTeamCarLikely/notes?
F GiovanardiVauxhallVaux Vectraconfirmed
M NealVauxhallVaux Vectraconfirmed
C TurkingtonRACBMW 320siconfirmed
TBCRACBMW 320siconfirmed
J PlatoSEATSEAT Leonconfirmed
D TurnerSEATSEAT Leonconfirmed
R KerryAFMBMW 120dconfirmed
G SheddenDynamicsHonda Civic Mk 8confirmed
T ChiltonDynamicsHonda Civic Mk 8confirmed
A JordanEurotechHonda Integraconfirmed
M JordanEurotechHonda Integraconfirmed
ErkutArkasVaux Astra SHconfirmed
M JacksonJackson MSportBMW 320siconfirmed
J GeorgeTHHonda Integraconfirmed
H VaulkardRobertshawChevrolet Lacetticonfirmed
A TaylorRobertshawHonda Integraconfirmed
M DoyleR'shawHonda Civicconfirmed
TBCMotorbaseBMW 320siconfirmed
TBCMotorbaseBMW 320siconfirmed
TBCArkasVaux Astra SHPlans to run second car
Nick LeasonAFMBMW 120dwaiting confirmation
M BellBellTBCwaiting confirmation
K BurtBellTBCplan to run second car
TBCXeroLexus IS200waiting confirmation
C StocktonBTCLexus IS200Waiting confirmation
TBCBTCLexus IS200plan to run second car
D PinkneyA-TechAlfa 156waiting confirmation
TBCA-TechAlfa 156plan to run a second car
E MurrayQwestAlfa 156No recent news
J HughesKartworldTBCwaiting confirmation
TBCKartworldTBCwaiting confirmation
P LutiDread0MG ZSwaiting confirmation
S VickersOddballMazda 3Rumour

Last edited by Aunt Sally; 12 Dec 2007 at 00:12.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 07:12 (Ref:2087029)   #373
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More info: http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1708
Old 12 Dec 2007, 09:54 (Ref:2087097)   #374
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great news to see Motorbase running a pair of competitive cars. They had a lot of bad luck in 2007, but showed potential as a team. Are the drivers likely to require much funding? Otherwise maybe OC will end up here.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:05 (Ref:2087166)   #375
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Are the drivers likely to require much funding?
Depends if they can get a team sponsor or not
Closed Thread