Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1066840)   #351
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruce,

Thanx for that. The photo you sent of the Firebird looks good. I will follow up the Moffat Photo Files during the week.

I will try Dennis tomorrow. Cheers.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1066841)   #352
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Keener what do you mean by a genuine opportunity in OZ?

Are you saying a genuine opportunity to just test a V8 Supercar as per what any other V8 Supercar team could offer or is OTR actually providing a fulltime drive paid for by OTR or Tasman to Kiwi Drivers in the V8 Supercar Championship proper.

I ask this as it would be great to see OTR or Tasman offering a paid for drive in the V8 Supercar Championship for Kiwi drivers but i can not see what Tasman will be able to offer a driver in the short term besides just testing them for the sake of PR, as i have been told there are no seats avaliable at Tasman with Jason Richrds contract still valid for a few seasons and Coulthrd looking for the dollars to secure his ongoing involvement with Tasman.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1066842)   #353
Camaroz
Veteran

It has taken me some time to wade back through this thread (thanks for it again Robert)and there was a question about the whereabouts of the ex-Jum Richards Hardtop SS.

I saw the Hardtop a private practice session at Oran Park in about April (Friday before ANZAC Day weekend?) and looked suprisingly neat and still looked 'genuine'. There may be someone in Sydney that knows the owner.

What are the thoughts of starting a register of these cars!

Cheers.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 08:35 (Ref:1066843)   #354
Camaroz
Veteran

Sorry for the above, wrong thread!!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 09:09 (Ref:1066859)   #355
Bruce302
Rookie

Bruce302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thunder
If you hadn't asked I could have told you, I'll have to do some research. I can picture the car, and the name is on the tip of my tongue.
I'll be back.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1066890)   #356
lyndy72
Rookie

lyndy72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christchurch Chev/Rx7 Driver according to my NZ contact would have been John Osborne,he had a huge crash in the car at the sweeper at the end of pit straight at Pukekohe suffering severe leg injuries
Old 15 Aug 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1066995)   #357
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John Osborne/Osbourne is a legend in all that he gave to motoring and motorsport in NZ. It was just wrong that he should be involved in a police prosecution following the fatal crash at the Queenstown Street Sprints some years back.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:34 (Ref:1067026)   #358
Camaroz
Veteran

JDI,

Thanks for the DR info.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1067477)   #359
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evo I dont know.Only post what I am told.I would think the opportunity would be for testing for enduros next year but would need to go to the source for finer detail.Cant imagine OTR paying for a drive in Aus as cant see any upside for them but good publicity if the drivers prove good enough and get enduro drives.Probably be up to them from there once the opportunity is created I would imagine.I think the team advantages are mainly corporate.I would also think there would be some potential development work possible from being a bigger entity but dont know any detail on that one either.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:10 (Ref:1067697)   #360
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Keener
Evo I dont know.Only post what I am told.I would think the opportunity would be for testing for enduros next year but would need to go to the source for finer detail.Cant imagine OTR paying for a drive in Aus as cant see any upside for them but good publicity if the drivers prove good enough and get enduro drives.Probably be up to them from there once the opportunity is created I would imagine.I think the team advantages are mainly corporate.I would also think there would be some potential development work possible from being a bigger entity but dont know any detail on that one either.
Ohhh you mean corporate opportunities like TKR! Cept they are higher in the Aussie champs than Tasman Would also not imagine there would be much that could be transferred from a Supercar to a NZV8. So can't see the development side of it either.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:22 (Ref:1067700)   #361
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Ah no I dont mean corporate opportunities like TKR and respective positions currently in Aussie is irrelevant.They entered into an arrangement and I am sure they are happy with it.What TKR do is of no business or consequence to these guys.Take your point on development however what you are missing is that several engineering types working on different scenarios has got to be better than one or two.I dont know if this will be the case but more resourse across the teams cant hurt.Just for laughs I will throw in that you are only as good as your last race so check the weekends results.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:27 (Ref:1067701)   #362
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Ah no I dont mean corporate opportunities like TKR and respective positions currently in Aussie is irrelevant.They entered into an arrangement and I am sure they are happy with it.What TKR do is of no business or consequence to these guys.Take your point on development however what you are missing is that several engineering types working on different scenarios has got to be better than one or two.I dont know if this will be the case but more resourse across the teams cant hurt.Just for laughs I will throw in that you are only as good as your last race so check the weekends results.
Which car of Tasmans? I guess we should look at the worst result, Mr Coulthard.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:36 (Ref:1067704)   #363
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Yeah another good point.Coulthard did very well to end up where he did in the second race in his first weekend outing in an old car.They should go ok in the enduros as that new car of Richards is pretty quick and Coulthard certainly can pedal.Still who really cares.Its what happens locally that drives my interest and this thread for that matter
Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:12 (Ref:1067713)   #364
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Well who would know what you mean, as it is now apparant that you only post the corporate line, as you are instructed And your post actually says nothing more than a PR puff piece so we all have to guess, your reply still says nothing more. But I also have to find it a little hard to swallow that there is anything of consequence when we are told that there is to be an assult on Bathurst 24 hour a couple of days before it is announced that the race is not happening. Also if the reported Tasman rumours are anything to go on, lets hope the deal still stands in the future. Hope all involved did their homework

Last edited by Evomike; 16 Aug 2004 at 03:14.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 04:09 (Ref:1067737)   #365
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
But I also have to find it a little hard to swallow that there is anything of consequence when we are told that there is to be an assult on Bathurst 24 hour a couple of days before it is announced that the race is not happening.
Yeah ok dont swallow it.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1068518)   #366
Andrew Anderson
Racer

Andrew Anderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keeny & Evo...

You wouldn't even know that PINEPAC have an entry in the NZV8's given the volume of OTR and TKR promotions running in our retail stores at present. Flags, posters, brochures, etc.

Don't know who is going to win the battle, Makita or Ryobi but it livens up the shop's.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1068542)   #367
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Anderson
Keeny & Evo...

You wouldn't even know that PINEPAC have an entry in the NZV8's given the volume of OTR and TKR promotions running in our retail stores at present. Flags, posters, brochures, etc.

Don't know who is going to win the battle, Makita or Ryobi but it livens up the shop's.
Maybe you should have a "chat" to PINEPAC Andrew I am sure PINEPAC racing gear would be a welcome addition to the store shelves
Old 16 Aug 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1068570)   #368
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Nice work by both parties.Good to see sponsors getting some value out of their commitment and certainly great for promoting the NZV8 touring cars.The more awareness the better for all I would think.If other companies like what they see more corporate $ will hopefully flow.

Last edited by Mr Keener; 16 Aug 2004 at 20:38.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 00:55 (Ref:1068769)   #369
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Anderson
Keeny & Evo...

One difference in the promos (And I could stand to be corrected) Buy a Royobi power tool win a hot lap ride withe OTR(I am sure that is what I saw) but buy a Makita power tool and win the whole damned car! Yes thats right win the TKR Hotlap Commodore!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1069161)   #370
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can hear the pins drop! Someone speak...the tension is too much to take....
Old 17 Aug 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1069211)   #371
vipernz
Rookie

vipernz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
One difference in the promos (And I could stand to be corrected) Buy a Royobi power tool win a hot lap ride withe OTR(I am sure that is what I saw) but buy a Makita power tool and win the whole damned car! Yes thats right win the TKR Hotlap Commodore!
Well, stuff the Royobi toys then, I'm off to buy a truck load of Makita tools...
Old 17 Aug 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1069809)   #372
Rookie

304 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
From what I understand, after the way Nick and Andy used to treat them you'd almost have to give them away
Old 17 Aug 2004, 21:39 (Ref:1069812)   #373
Rookie

304 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just funnin' with ya Mike
Old 17 Aug 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1069817)   #374
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by 304
Just funnin' with ya Mike
I know thats why I didn't bite
Old 17 Aug 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1069832)   #375
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Besides guys OTR cant give away their two promo cars cause they still use them.They still race in NZ remember