Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Oct 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4181006)   #351
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That shows that, in reality, Ingram was far more consistent than Sutton throughout the season, which demonstrates that although Sutton is a brilliant driver, at times he does tend to make rash decisions, like he did at Oulton and another circuit which I can't remember.
If we're looking at consistency, then the best measure would be dropped scores. It's a 30-race championship, so let's look at the best 27 results of each:

Sutton is still on 446
Ingram drops six to 394
Hill drops one to 371

Actually it really emphasises Sutton's dominance.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4181009)   #352
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Semantics I suppose - but the Team Dynamics logo has been on the One Motorsport cars.
A tiny sticker - but there nonetheless!
Old 11 Oct 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4181010)   #353
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Team Dynamics logo has been on the One Motorsport cars.
Well they remain Team Dynamics built cars.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4181011)   #354
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Watson at WSR doesn't necessarily mean a 5th TBL. If Turkington is retiring then that immediately opens up a vacancy. Jelley has an option for 2024 but that's still dependant on him finding the budget, and based on his comments on the grid at Brands Hatch that's still got some way to go.

I take a slightly different interpretation of suggestions that WSR has made Watson an offer. Any team serious about (team/manufacturer) championship success then it's not just about taking the driver with the biggest budget, they need one that can produce results. If there was an offer then it's WSR's way of saying that they think Watson is of a suitable calibre for him to be considered. Obviously all that is still budget dependant.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4181013)   #355
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Any team serious about (team/manufacturer) championship success then it's not just about taking the driver with the biggest budget, they need one that can produce results.
The extent to which this is true does vary with the overall strength of the championship at the time. There have been years when any driver, if they could bring £500k to the team, could have a seat with any team on the grid. 2004-2013 most years meet that criteria, hence seeing the likes of Dave Pinkney at Dynamics, Andy Neate at any team he's ever raced with, etc.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 18:17 (Ref:4181023)   #356
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There’s lots of talk about dynamics coming back! I’m sure mr neal has been working hard so that is the case! I would hope they do come back tbh
Old 12 Oct 2023, 11:22 (Ref:4181089)   #357
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
If we're looking at consistency, then the best measure would be dropped scores. It's a 30-race championship, so let's look at the best 27 results of each:
You're saying the best way of assessing consistency is to ditch a top driver's most inconsistent results, and then look at the standings...?
Old 12 Oct 2023, 17:38 (Ref:4181147)   #358
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport mag today:

"SEARS CHAMP WATSON TARGETS SECOND YEAR WITH PMR" The relevant Watson quote is this one:"I'm starting to get the hang of touring cars. I'm happy with PMR. We're on the up but nothing's signed." The short article also states that Doble is hopeful of another season.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4181153)   #359
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Autosport mag today:

"SEARS CHAMP WATSON TARGETS SECOND YEAR WITH PMR" The relevant Watson quote is this one:"I'm starting to get the hang of touring cars. I'm happy with PMR. We're on the up but nothing's signed." The short article also states that Doble is hopeful of another season.
I guess they might now be less inclined to think about any replacement for the rejuvenated Astra, had that been a possibility.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4181155)   #360
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I guess they might now be less inclined to think about any replacement for the rejuvenated Astra, had that been a possibility.
Homologation lasts five years in the BTCC. I'm not sure when it was last done for the Astra. But at whatever point it has to be re-done, the car will become ineligible as it no longer meets the criteria (hasn't been on general sale in the UK - been replaced with the eigth gen model).
Old 12 Oct 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4181158)   #361
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Homologation lasts five years in the BTCC. I'm not sure when it was last done for the Astra. But at whatever point it has to be re-done, the car will become ineligible as it no longer meets the criteria (hasn't been on general sale in the UK - been replaced with the eigth gen model).

As I understand it, homologation lasts for 5 years after production of a model stops.

Production of the 7th Generation of the Astra finally stopped in 2022 which was a face-lifted version that commenced in 2019. So it's possible that it could possibly run up to the end of 2027, or possibly earlier in 2024 if it's not the been upgraded to the newer version.

Although the 8th Gen production started in 2021, they were still producing both models 10 months.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4181164)   #362
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTool View Post
Homologation lasts five years in the BTCC. I'm not sure when it was last done for the Astra. But at whatever point it has to be re-done, the car will become ineligible as it no longer meets the criteria (hasn't been on general sale in the UK - been replaced with the eighth gen model).
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next year. If its with the current car, there must be very little left for them to do with it. If its with a new car, it'll be interesting to see what they pick.

This talk of homologation makes me think of the FK8 Civic as well, production for that model ended in 2021.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 22:14 (Ref:4181190)   #363
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
This talk of homologation makes me think of the FK8 Civic as well, production for that model ended in 2021.
So plenty of time for that model then.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 05:37 (Ref:4181217)   #364
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next year. If its with the current car, there must be very little left for them to do with it. If its with a new car, it'll be interesting to see what they pick.

Isn’t it 5 years from the last UK sale? What seems to have gone under the radar is that the Vauxhall and SEAT have both picked up pace in 2023 - both MSport / TOCA powered?
Old 13 Oct 2023, 06:08 (Ref:4181221)   #365
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Isn’t it 5 years from the last UK sale?
The car has to be on sale in the UK at the time of homologation, and then can be used up until five years after it is no longer sold.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4181255)   #366
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The car has to be on sale in the UK at the time of homologation, and then can be used up until five years after it is no longer sold.
Do you mean like, "5 years from the last UK sale"???

Old 13 Oct 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4181260)   #367
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Do you mean like, "5 years from the last UK sale"???

Being really pedantic, but being on sale and the last one sold are not quite the same thing as there could be quite a gap between the two. I don't know what happens to them, but dealers are sometimes left with unsold stock which years ago used to be returned to the factory. As I mentioned before, Vauxhall were actually manufacturing the last but one model for some months even though another factory had already started production of the newer model so both were on sale at the same time.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4181278)   #368
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Colin Turkington testing a McLaren GT4 at Donington today. What does this mean?
Old 13 Oct 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4181281)   #369
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
What does this mean?
He doesn't believe in Friday the 13th!
Old 13 Oct 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4181306)   #370
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
That he's a professional racing driver and when the opportunity to get paid to do some driving arises he takes it. Oh, wait, you were baiting the rumour moungers weren't you?
Old 13 Oct 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4181330)   #371
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Guest drive next weekend, maybe?
Old 13 Oct 2023, 22:04 (Ref:4181366)   #372
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Tingram is racing a Aston Martin gt4 next weekend so maybe Colin’s having a go too
Old 14 Oct 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4181388)   #373
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Sharing Jason Hughes's McLaren 570S GT4 in the Britcar-run British Endurance Championship this weekend. A fun end of season treat for Turkington, who has shared Hughes's BTC-T MG ZS in the past
Old 14 Oct 2023, 10:24 (Ref:4181391)   #374
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sharing Jason Hughes's McLaren 570S GT4 in the Britcar-run British Endurance Championship this weekend. A fun end of season treat for Turkington, who has shared Hughes's BTC-T MG ZS in the past
Ta. 25 entries for this one, rather more than they've had at points this year.
Old 14 Oct 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4181400)   #375
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like a non-starter. BTCC Mercedes A-Class still going there, run by Hard.