Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Feb 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3024739)   #3851
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sure did, but it was self-built, not this Roadways/Les Small one...
Self built ? Dont think Tony has ever built a race car ? Could be wrong, but weren't they SBR cars ?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3024741)   #3852
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
Self built ? Dont think Tony has ever built a race car ? Could be wrong, but weren't they SBR cars ?
Self-built as in Tony Longhurst Racing-constructed cars... definitely not SBR cars when in Castrol/TLR guise..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Feb 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3024796)   #3853
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Les Small built an EB in 1994 as a speculative exercise. He took it to Bathurst that year and offered it for sale. When Longhurst announced his Ford program the same weekend for 1995, there was speculation he would start the season in this car, but in the end an EF was ready for round 1.

The EB was sold to Tasmania's Ray Hislop, but never raced as a V8 Supercar, Hislop racing a Glenn Seton EF in 1997/98.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3024803)   #3854
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
42 entries for Group C & A at Phillip Island Classic March 9 -11.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3025214)   #3855
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I can remember seeing a full house Group A Falcon built by Roadways some years ago... and its Here & for sale...
How does one go about building a Group A Falcon when no homologation models were sold?
Old 14 Feb 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3025604)   #3856
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wanna buy a Mercedes?

So.. these cars were sold/sent to the US where they apparently ran only a couple of meetings before being put up for sale...

Keen price @ $72k for one, or $140k the pair (presumably landed, tax paid..)

I wonder how close to original (i.e. 1986 spec as run by Mr Hulme & co @ Bathurst in Martin's Filters/Bob Jane T-Marts colours...) these cars still are...

I wonder if this is where Miedecke Motorsport got their Ronal wheels, as used on their various Ford Sierras... in 1988 the wheel widths were reduced, rendering some of the ones brought out by AMG redundant.. but perfect for the 10" bag width of the Sierra...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Feb 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3025639)   #3857
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If only I were rich...
Old 14 Feb 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3025653)   #3858
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Wanna buy a Mercedes?

So.. these cars were sold/sent to the US where they apparently ran only a couple of meetings before being put up for sale...

Keen price @ $72k for one, or $140k the pair (presumably landed, tax paid..)

I wonder how close to original (i.e. 1986 spec as run by Mr Hulme & co @ Bathurst in Martin's Filters/Bob Jane T-Marts colours...) these cars still are...

They'd certainly have been re-engined to 2-litre, in line with SuperTouring rules, as well as the wing and front splitter seen in that pic of the cars in their present state.
IIRC they went over to the US for the NATCC in 1996, although they only appeared at a couple of early-season rounds- IIRC a single car entered by 'Ecurie Atlanta' for British historic racer Martin Stretton?

Seen at about the 8 minute mark in this video
http://www.supertouringregister.com/video/5YuB0Qfh-4I/
Old 14 Feb 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3025658)   #3859
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
42 entries for Group C & A at Phillip Island Classic March 9 -11.
Fab!

Can we have a link to the entry please chap?
Old 15 Feb 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3026187)   #3860
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
They'd certainly have been re-engined to 2-litre, in line with SuperTouring rules, as well as the wing and front splitter seen in that pic of the cars in their present state.
IIRC they went over to the US for the NATCC in 1996, although they only appeared at a couple of early-season rounds- IIRC a single car entered by 'Ecurie Atlanta' for British historic racer Martin Stretton?

Seen at about the 8 minute mark in this video
http://www.supertouringregister.com/video/5YuB0Qfh-4I/
That's what I thought as well. I vaguely remember the cars in the NATCC.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3026356)   #3861
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter-Nelson View Post
Hi David,
from my expereince a few years ago, to modify a CofD didn't cost you anything...but that was a few years ago.

Its very disappointing to see the cost of CfoD's has doubled in about 10-12 years.

This is from the CAMS web site...

Why does a COD cost so much?
The cost of a COD takes into account a number of factors, primarily being the amount of time the administration and committee spend verifying the information supplied on the application, and the cost of comparable documentation as issued by other ASN’s. A The process ensures only legitimate vehicles are able to obtain a COD, thus maintaining a high standard of authenticity for which CAMS is famous.

The owner provides the information...what other Australian associations issue a CofD and who cares what they charge!

This Disclaimer is at the bottom of the CofD application form...

APPLICATION STATEMENT
DISCLAIMER
‘No responsibility is accepted by CAMS or it’s officers for the accuracy and/or veracity of the specifications contained herein. The endorsement of the document by CAMS Eligibility Officer and/or scrutineer does not – in itself – denote compliance of the subject vehicle with the relevant regulations; such at all times being the sole responsibility of the applicant.’
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the disclaimer and that the vehicle logbook remains at all times the property of CAMS and must be surrendered and/or returned upon request.

Not only do I pay CAMS for them to own the CofD, that I must surrender at request but they take no responsibility for the accuracy and/or veracity of the specifiction.....Sounds like a great deal for nearly $1,000!
I posted the below on the Group C & A forum...

Certificate. The relevant description of the word from the Oxford Dictionary…
noun
Pronunciation: /səˈtɪfɪkət/
• 1 an official document attesting a fact, in particular:
• a document recording a person’s birth, marriage, or death:a birth certificate
• a document confirming that someone has reached a certain level of achievement in a course of study or training:a university-accredited certificate
• a document attesting ownership of an item or the fulfilment of legal requirements:a share certificate
verb
Pronunciation: /səˈtɪfɪkeɪt/
[with object] British
• provide with or attest in an official document:the amounts earned have to be certificated by employers

In relation to a CAMS AHMSC CoD, note the above, “1 an official document attesting a fact”.

You send to CAMS/AHMSC a payment of $950.00 and then supply the documentation for your CoD, in that documentation the CAMS/AHMSC demand the complete history of the car, specification, photographs, Statutory Declarations, letters of authenticity – often from people that need to recall items/events up to 40 years ago, Log Books, Race Results, on and on before you can even contemplate getting a look in. Then you have (usually) uninformed EO’s glance at the car and then do the ring around to self appointed “experts” or mates, that may not like you or are influenced by other parties that have vested interests, on and on it goes. In some cases, depending on how much they are influenced, they will also call in Solicitors or even dip deeper!!! Lets suppose that you get your CoD after all this work to be sub-titled…“…the Certificate of Description process is to enable the correct Group Classification for competition purposes only and is not intended to be used for commercial purposes or relied upon as proof of the cars identity”

So where does the CAMS/AHMSC get off by stating that a Certificate of Description is not a Certificate attesting to the proof of the car!!!!!!!

Why are we spending the money for a worthless Certificate that the issuer will not even stand behind?
Old 6 Mar 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3035777)   #3862
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercar online archive
Thanks to Aaron Noonan

V8 Sleuth

EDIT: $400 subscription!
Old 9 Mar 2012, 03:38 (Ref:3037356)   #3863
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surfing on youtube I found this interview with Andrew Denton, DJ and Baz from the early 90's

Denton - Barry Sheene & Dick Johnson

Baz and DJ really did bounce well off each other.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3038524)   #3864
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willmington XD

Hi everyone,
We bought out the 1981-84 Willmington XD for the first time at PI and had a great time. It was great talking to a few of you at the track and real good seeing the checkered flag from inside tha car in the last 3 races....even at the back of the field.
Does anyone have photos of the yellow XD? If so could you please post them or PM to me?

Thanks,
Nev.

PS Camaroz, after speaking to many people in the Historics dept in CAMS, the decision to up the CofD cost was dictate from above and there was no discussion.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3040570)   #3865
ROTATN
Rookie

ROTATN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry Jones/Rod Millen Goodrich RX-7

One for Camaroz

I see back in 2005 you knew the where abouts of the Barry Jones/Rod Millen Goodrich RX-7.

Wondering if you knew its current status as that was a few years ago now?

Last edited by ROTATN; 13 Mar 2012 at 21:50.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3044574)   #3866
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would this be the former Lansvale Commodore that became the Kelly K2 ride car?

http://www.my105.com/listingdetails....=6970&latest=1
Old 20 Mar 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3045188)   #3867
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nev I saw the car in the pits on Sat evening, looks great. When I go through my photos I'll contact you (if there are any reasonable shots)
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3045206)   #3868
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
Nev I saw the car in the pits on Sat evening, looks great. When I go through my photos I'll contact you (if there are any reasonable shots)
Thanks John,
we worked very hard to have it at PI and then AGP and are happy with the way the cars looks. We still have a few issues to iron out but think it should be a good car into the future.
Any photos would be great, video also cause the camera in the car shutdown from the vibration we think.
Thanks again,
Nev.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3045641)   #3869
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTATN View Post
One for Camaroz

I see back in 2005 you knew the where abouts of the Barry Jones/Rod Millen Goodrich RX-7.

Last I knew, Dennis Running still had the RX7.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3045762)   #3870
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
TV coverage from the AGP

Hi Everyone,
not sure if there was TV coverage of the Group C/A race? If so did anyone get a copy that they can send to me? I watched some of the big screen when driving around but was it on the TV?

My in car failed so only got a few minute in the dummy grid and that's it....modern camera's.

Thanks,

Nev.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3045819)   #3871
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter-Nelson View Post
Hi Everyone,
not sure if there was TV coverage of the Group C/A race? If so did anyone get a copy that they can send to me? I watched some of the big screen when driving around but was it on the TV?

My in car failed so only got a few minute in the dummy grid and that's it....modern camera's.

Thanks,

Nev.
Sorry Nev, despite close to 20 hours of coverage over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, it was not shown on TV.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3045834)   #3872
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Sorry Nev, despite close to 20 hours of coverage over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, it was not shown on TV.
Thanks Chavez,
Thats pretty poor form by OneHD. Speaking to people at the track they said it was entertaining...I'm not sure if they meant the racing or the falling off the track...I suppose both are quite entertaining

Thanks again,
Nev.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3045897)   #3873
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should of shown the group A and C on tele. Glad we were there to see them. Field of 40 awesome. It was great to see Murray Carter still doing laps!
Old 21 Mar 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3046226)   #3874
rogered1
Rookie

rogered1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTATN View Post
One for Camaroz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytU3nWcMq8o..

the kerin wills car.
Has been changed a bit since then also
Old 21 Mar 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3046232)   #3875
ROTATN
Rookie

ROTATN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogered1 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytU3nWcMq8o..

the kerin wills car.
Has been changed a bit since then also
What a shame... any idea where it is now then??