Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3129333)   #376
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A solid drive today from Felipe, probably the max that could be achieved from his grid position.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3129392)   #377
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another race, another weekend, sometimes up sometimes down...
Old 2 Sep 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3129439)   #378
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
A solid drive today from Felipe, probably the max that could be achieved from his grid position.
Don't forget Alonso, Hamilton and the hapless Grosjean weren't even in the race but at least he got into the top 5 and kept Ferrari's end up.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3129540)   #379
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Don't forget Alonso, Hamilton and the hapless Grosjean weren't even in the race but at least he got into the top 5 and kept Ferrari's end up.
How can someone forget ?

No matter what he does it's the same old ****.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 02:28 (Ref:3129545)   #380
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
How can someone forget ?

They might have missed the start of the race; it happens.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3129683)   #381
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5th or 4th is really no difference, but he did his job - was behind Webber and finished ahead of him, denying a few extra points. Yeah nothing that should save his drive for next year but what Ferrari needed.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3129748)   #382
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Not to mention, Perez, Kobi and Crashonaldo

Quote:
How can someone forget ?

It is, but it's worth mentioning.

That said, he got some points on the board, finished ahead of Webber (as someone else mentioned) although i don't think that Fernando needs to be worried about Mark, its between him and Seb imo. Hopefully this result will give Felipe confidence for Monza and the rest of the season.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3129772)   #383
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 out of the top10 was eliminated up and around the start (Two very fast Saubers, Hamilton, Alonso and Grosjean and Maldonado)

Massa doesnt have anything on Hamilton , Alonso and finishing Grosjean like ever. Perez was also more than likely going to be untouchable for Massa because it safe to guess Perez woulda make a 1stop work like a charm for him this time with a spot-on set-up Sauber too. So all in all he was in for a P9-P10. Solid drive but nothing to talk of (and nothing of top team standards either IMO)

Similarly, as much as I love a good underdog story, the STR and the FI guys did nothing too special either, they finished where they started, minus the above mentioned 6 cars. Kudos for Hulkenberg for the move on Kimi tho. (and a shame Di Resta's KERS didnt work, he could have easily finish behind the Hulk otherwise me thinks)
Old 3 Sep 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3129860)   #384
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Not to mention, Perez, Kobi and Crashonaldo

It is, but it's worth mentioning.

That said, he got some points on the board, finished ahead of Webber (as someone else mentioned) although i don't think that Fernando needs to be worried about Mark, its between him and Seb imo. Hopefully this result will give Felipe confidence for Monza and the rest of the season.
It's all already decided.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3129867)   #385
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It's all already decided.
I'm convinced that your right mate, Hopefully yesterday can give Felipe confidence and one of the other teams decide that his performances are good enough for a driver else where? Straight swap for Nico at FI oe Heikki at Caterham maybe??
Old 3 Sep 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3129887)   #386
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
I'm convinced that your right mate, Hopefully yesterday can give Felipe confidence and one of the other teams decide that his performances are good enough for a driver else where? Straight swap for Nico at FI oe Heikki at Caterham maybe??
The watchmen knows...
Old 3 Sep 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3129897)   #387
Mr V
Veteran

England
Wish the watchmen would tell us, put us out our misery
Old 3 Sep 2012, 14:22 (Ref:3129919)   #388
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Wish the watchmen would tell us, put us out our misery
What other fun would we have ?

The second seat at Ferrari would be a hit if it was a reality show !
Old 5 Sep 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3131206)   #389
QnickFTW
Racer

Bild reports its a sprint race between the Hulk and Sutil now, so it will go to a German.

Sutil's manager has confirmed the talks with Ferrari earlier and Sutil has been to Maranello multiply times to test different race and road Ferraris (nothing with open wheel yet), the magazine quotes him as saying "he would accept the role of a strong point scoring 2nd driver"

Hulkenberg has been on Ferrari radars for years, courtesy of ex manager Willi Weber, and the recent report of his Ferrari talks came before the race in Spa, so probably have more to it then just getting his 4th place hyped. He was quoted as saying "he cant confirm nor deny talks" which I believe is more than just a flat out "thats news to me, first time I hear it" type of comment.

It's also worth noticing that Massa is still on a 10 million a year deal (so basically gets 1 million for every point he scores )
Old 5 Sep 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3131220)   #390
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sutil in a Ferrari?

No chance!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3131282)   #391
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Aaahhh and the story goes on...
Old 9 Sep 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3133348)   #392
alfettafan
Rookie

As last week in Spa but even more so, a very solid drive at Monza for Felipe.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3133406)   #393
Mr V
Veteran

England
Felipe did agreat job today, slowed when he was told to, then once Fernando got by, sped up as instructed, trouble for him is that his likely replacement did an even better job.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3133420)   #394
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

You don't say it.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3133422)   #395
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
trouble for him is that his likely replacement did an even better job.
Yea, in a customer Ferrari too. Another thing is, Alonso claimed they have lost the easiest pole position of the season with that rear suspension trouble yesterday and estimated his laptime woulda been around 1:23.5 (which seems a reasonable estimate considering he won Q1 with an absolute effortless 1:24.1. Massa was likely going to be 0.7 down on him again (as per usual) , same gap that exist say between Raikkonen es D'Ambrosio. Not fantastic.

Massa definitely stepped up his game after the summer brake which is good, but all in all it seems like a classic case of too little too late to me.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3133482)   #396
alfettafan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
Massa definitely stepped up his game after the summer brake which is good, but all in all it seems like a classic case of too little too late to me.
We will just have to wait and see....
Old 9 Sep 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3133497)   #397
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Wait and see... the best bet so far.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3134010)   #398
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see him performing again but for me he's basically auditioning himself for other teams. We've seen it all before were he has a poor start to the season and takes a good while to get going. This year it's been more than the start of the season. If you are Ferrari you would be silly to risk that big a points haul on which Massa shows up. If I were them, I'd get Rosberg.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3134021)   #399
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
It's good to see him performing again but for me he's basically auditioning himself for other teams. We've seen it all before were he has a poor start to the season and takes a good while to get going. This year it's been more than the start of the season. If you are Ferrari you would be silly to risk that big a points haul on which Massa shows up. If I were them, I'd get Rosberg.
Rosberg to Ferrari - be a pretty good call. Maybe that's why Merc are looking for another driver!
Old 11 Sep 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3134187)   #400
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Rosberg to Ferrari - be a pretty good call. Maybe that's why Merc are looking for another driver!
I guess he'll have to wait in the line, currently there's 36 drivers ahead of him...