Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2016, 01:26 (Ref:3687079)   #376
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Especially amusing given how "professional" the Brazilian cars he goes off and races are...
Very professional.

How closely do you follow the series Mixer?

Max Wilson, Rubens Barrichello, Riccardo Zonta
Old 11 Nov 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3687084)   #377
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Winterbottom potentially in with Richo in the BMW. His comments on not wanting to do Pro-Am as he doesn't want to race for the hell of it have left me a little... disappointed? IT shows the difference between him and for example SvG, where Shane will race anything anywhere because that's what he likes doing, whereas Frosty will only race for a trophy with other professionals. I am a Frosty fan, but I am finding it harder to like him as time goes on. Whincup is the same, coming out of the woodwork for a Pro only entry, but he has the trophies in the cabinet. Whereas I was a fan of SvG when he 1st arrived on the scene, his likeability went down when he did quite a few dodgy things on the track and the whole retiring/no-i'm-not thing, but recently i'm starting to like him again. He is just a guy having fun racing, who also happens to be bloody quick

Well that's my pondering for morning done...

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/11/...hurst-12-hour/
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that, especially the SVG musings; whether its a Porsche at Daytona, a McLaren at Spa, a V8Supercar at Bathurst or a drift car under lights, you cannot question his love for the driving cars. And a few young fellas I know tell me he's very friendly while online racing, helping people with their car set-ups etc (as is Scotty Mac apparently)
Old 11 Nov 2016, 02:21 (Ref:3687087)   #378
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Very professional.
I've watched, it factory supported sports sedans/Tranzams. meh
Old 11 Nov 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3687092)   #379
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
very interesting observations. Interesting comparison to SVG, who for some reason is not in NZ racing this weekend. Maybe there is more to it than just what Frosty has been quoted to have said (which amazingly Frosty also alluded to in the article)

How many kids does SVG have, does anyone know, and whats his wife's name?
Your question is irrelevant. How has Frosty's driving activity changed since having a wife and kids? Answer: it hasn't. Since graduating to Supercars, he has only ever done Supercars other than Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that, especially the SVG musings; whether its a Porsche at Daytona, a McLaren at Spa, a V8Supercar at Bathurst or a drift car under lights, you cannot question his love for the driving cars. And a few young fellas I know tell me he's very friendly while online racing, helping people with their car set-ups etc (as is Scotty Mac apparently)
Apart from not being young, I can back that last statement up personally.
Old 11 Nov 2016, 03:23 (Ref:3687094)   #380
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I've raced with Shane in sims and he is a very cool guy - no sense of any sort of ego when I crossed his path, that said I haven't really seen him in the last couple of years.
Old 11 Nov 2016, 03:33 (Ref:3687095)   #381
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Your question is irrelevant. How has Frosty's driving activity changed since having a wife and kids? Answer: it hasn't.
You wiped it too simply, ignoring why SVG is not in NZ racing this weekend!

Where the opportunities there when Frosty was younger. Certainly the long distance co driver gigs in Australia were not as common back when Frosty was the same age as the SVG

SVG was very fortunate to get a nice gig with tony Quinn as a sponsor, who utilised him very well in other forms of motorport (and yes i know he does other forms of motorsport

Now Frosty is a family man and has sponsor committments that take him away from his family for big chunks of time (noticing he is in Adelaide today racing Karts at a sponsor day)

Also raced with SVG in sims, and as mentioned minimal ego, although it was few years back,
Old 11 Nov 2016, 06:07 (Ref:3687102)   #382
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've watched, it factory supported sports sedans/Tranzams. meh
Just like Supercars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
Interesting comparison to SVG, who for some reason is not in NZ racing this weekend
His Supercars boss probably wants him focusing on that title at this time of the year, which is fair enough.
I don't know what angle you are trying to play with SVG here?

Frosty has been quite critical of GT racing in the past
Old 11 Nov 2016, 07:06 (Ref:3687106)   #383
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

His Supercars boss probably wants him focusing on that title at this time of the year, which is fair enough.
I don't know what angle you are trying to play with SVG here?

Frosty has been quite critical of GT racing in the past
Well if you quoted the next sentence you would have got my angle. there are more important things than the 12 hour to v8 drivers is probably it. They have careers and family which take up their time. sometime careers and family have priority over a fang around bathurst against some gentleman drivers.

SVG is/was in a different situation than Frosty. Thats my angle
Old 11 Nov 2016, 07:55 (Ref:3687113)   #384
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It isn't like a shoot out for pole is a VASC invention though, it has been around in touring cars and open wheelers forerver...
It's most certainly anything but a VASC invention, especially at Bathurst

But the Top 10 shootout is a major tradition for the 1000 at Bathurst, the 12hr was getting it's own qualifying format established, but now they've just copied and pasted a 1000 staple onto the Saturday here.

Have we got a TV deal announced yet? Is it still on Ch7 like this year?
Old 11 Nov 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3687141)   #385
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
It's most certainly anything but a VASC invention, especially at Bathurst

But the Top 10 shootout is a major tradition for the 1000 at Bathurst, the 12hr was getting it's own qualifying format established, but now they've just copied and pasted a 1000 staple onto the Saturday here.

Have we got a TV deal announced yet? Is it still on Ch7 like this year?
there is no tradition in the 12 hour, it has changed every year nearly, was only a few years back they were limited in how fast they could go

There is a vague link to ch 7 available on the 12 hour site if you google it. however there has not been any official announcement. Not convinced that rating were any good last time (open to correction but usual suspects don't want to talk about it)
Old 12 Nov 2016, 00:04 (Ref:3687296)   #386
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
SVG is/was in a different situation than Frosty. Thats my angle
And your angle may well be correct, but you constantly berate people with your tone on this forum like your angle is gospel. Your aggressive wording on this forum (and other sites) paints you as a know-it-all bore. And Lord knows, you're not a 'know-all'.

Quote:
there is no tradition in the 12 hour, it has changed every year nearly, was only a few years back they were limited in how fast they could go
You're being pedantic, Racer was talking about the qualifying format as the tradition, nothing more.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 00:32 (Ref:3687299)   #387
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Racer was talking about the qualifying format as the tradition, nothing more.
I was talking about the qualyfying format as a tradition as well. There isn't one. Because, to repeat myself, "it has changed every year nearly, was only a few years back they were limited in how fast they could go."

Maybe the tradition is it changes every year, so therefore a top ten shoot out would fit that tradition

Sorry if you were confused and thought i was talking about more than this
Old 12 Nov 2016, 01:44 (Ref:3687309)   #388
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Sorry if you were confused and thought i was talking about more than this

Is there more to this that we don't know yet?
Old 12 Nov 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3687310)   #389
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Is there more to this that we don't know yet?
Is there?

hopefully saturday coverage in some way
Old 12 Nov 2016, 03:27 (Ref:3687325)   #390
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The qualifying format (for the Class A only 20min session at the end of qualifying) has been the same the last 3 years.

You can't build any traditions if you don't stick with something.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 03:43 (Ref:3687332)   #391
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The qualifying format (for the Class A only 20min session at the end of qualifying) has been the same the last 3 years.

You can't build any traditions if you don't stick with something.
2014 was only 15 minutes and Not all the class A cars took part.

So no, not the last 3 years.

fledgling event trying to work out what works to help it grow. Needs Saturday TV coverage. 20min session does not provide the interest it needs for that
Old 12 Nov 2016, 05:09 (Ref:3687346)   #392
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
20min session does not provide the interest it needs for that
You can, of course, substantiate that statement. Right?
Old 12 Nov 2016, 05:12 (Ref:3687347)   #393
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You can, of course, substantiate that statement. Right?
just an opinion. however holds true with the 12 hour tv coverage so far

But we should know more by february
Old 12 Nov 2016, 05:18 (Ref:3687350)   #394
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
The point was there was a dedicated session for the front-runners on late Saturday afternoon the last three years

You can get as semantic as you like though
Old 12 Nov 2016, 05:19 (Ref:3687351)   #395
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The point was there was a dedicated session for the front-runners on late Saturday afternoon the last three years

You can get as semantic as you like though
Still will be
Old 12 Nov 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3687444)   #396
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

So no, not the last 3 years.
Is this for real?
Old 13 Nov 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3687571)   #397
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is this for real?

I think it was a joke
Old 14 Nov 2016, 02:37 (Ref:3687881)   #398
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Is this for real?
Please make a point or don't post. Your pointless posts will get deleted anyway.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 02:43 (Ref:3687882)   #399
D.R.T.
Veteran

ahhhhhhhhh ok. Hilarious stuff
Old 14 Nov 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3687903)   #400
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Please make a point or don't post. Your pointless posts will get deleted anyway.
I think you're aiming that comment at the wrong user Mixer... there is another one posting replies to anything and anyone on here without much point to them other than to start an argument....