Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jul 2024, 10:55 (Ref:4219781)   #376
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Sorry, Bob, just catching up! Yes, lovely stuff, thanks.

Good to see the pics of Mike above, too.
Just for you John;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3432.jpg   IMG_3861.JPG   IMG_3435.JPG  

IMG_3954.JPG   IMG_3844.JPG   IMG_3924.JPG  

Old 18 Jul 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4219782)   #377
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Proper racing cars
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6333.jpg   IMG_5847.JPG   IMG_5869.JPG  

IMG_5863.JPG   IMG_6342.jpg   Revival 2007 2 122.JPG  

Old 26 Jul 2024, 15:15 (Ref:4220641)   #378
bauble
Veteran

England
'ere we go again
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1143.JPG   IMG_2346.JPG   IMG_2366.JPG  

IMG_2384.JPG   IMG_2370.JPG   IMG_2378.JPG  

Old 26 Jul 2024, 15:20 (Ref:4220642)   #379
bauble
Veteran

England
we go.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4379.JPG   IMG_4404.JPG   IMG_4410.JPG  

IMG_4444.JPG   IMG_4380.JPG   IMG_4441.JPG  

Old 26 Jul 2024, 15:22 (Ref:4220643)   #380
bauble
Veteran

England
duty done.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4977.JPG   IMG_4978.JPG   IMG_4996.JPG  

IMG_5007.JPG   IMG_5010.JPG   IMG_5046.jpg  

Old 26 Jul 2024, 23:54 (Ref:4220682)   #381
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another wonderful selection Bob, thanks. A Galaxy of great cars, from the Falcon Sprint (named so people dont tell me its not a Galaxie but a Falcon Sprint), the Giulia TZ and the Morgan SLR are just beautiful pics of cars I alway adore, plus of course the Frazer Nash and other pre war beauties.

Made a pleasant respite from the Olympics Ceremony in the rain! (I can only put up with a certain ampount of non car stuff)
Old 27 Jul 2024, 23:12 (Ref:4220754)   #382
bauble
Veteran

England
I am amazed at the number of 'views' the last set attracted, so I give yyou some single seaters. Enjoy!

500's;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1324.JPG   IMG_1325.JPG   IMG_1345.JPG  

IMG_1364.JPG   IMG_1381.JPG   IMG_1427.JPG  

Old 27 Jul 2024, 23:14 (Ref:4220755)   #383
bauble
Veteran

England
Formula Fords;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8547.JPG   IMG_8553.JPG   IMG_8562.JPG  

IMG_8581.JPG   IMG_8565.JPG   IMG_8586.JPG  

Old 27 Jul 2024, 23:17 (Ref:4220756)   #384
bauble
Veteran

England
Hmm! none to sure what these are;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1882.JPG   IMG_1908.JPG   IMG_1909.JPG  

IMG_1910.JPG   IMG_1916.JPG   IMG_1901.JPG  

Old 27 Jul 2024, 23:26 (Ref:4220757)   #385
bauble
Veteran

England
Just for you EB, always complimentary, Thanks, friend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1301.JPG   IMG_1331.JPG   IMG_4530.JPG  

IMG_4534.JPG   IMG_4536.JPG   IMG_4537.JPG  

Old 28 Jul 2024, 08:28 (Ref:4220788)   #386
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just in time for Sunday breakfast viewing! Thanks Bob. Cheque is in the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hmm! none to sure what these are;
Pretty looking early sixties single seaters.
A few assorted Lotuses (18 /22s??), with a Lola Mk 4, and a Cooper T45 interloping. I think. Im sure RBS will be able to correct me!

Whoops just realised wrote the post earlier but forgot to click submit in a hurry to go out. Just got home and it was sitting unsent!
Old 28 Jul 2024, 09:50 (Ref:4220797)   #387
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just got home and it was sitting unsent!
Young cat or new dog?
Old 28 Jul 2024, 20:57 (Ref:4220928)   #388
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks as usual, Sir Bob. Hoping Mr Mallett got some pics from the Gold Cup meeting this weekend. I only got there yesterday as milady was a bit wiped out after the one day - but there were some great cars - including the little 500s, and a pair of glorious Maserati 250Fs, which sounded gorgeous...... Missed Mr Mann's Alfas today, though......
Old 29 Jul 2024, 22:02 (Ref:4221069)   #389
bauble
Veteran

England
More pictures from Bauble;
Attached Thumbnails
046.JPG   055.JPG   068.JPG  

070.JPG   127.JPG   121.JPG  

Old 29 Jul 2024, 22:04 (Ref:4221072)   #390
bauble
Veteran

England
Recognise these faces?
Attached Thumbnails
001.JPG   Brit GP 001.JPG   Classic Media Day 020.JPG  

Brit GP 007.JPG   Felipe Massa.JPG   IMG_3030.jpg  

Old 29 Jul 2024, 22:06 (Ref:4221073)   #391
bauble
Veteran

England
From the archives;
Attached Thumbnails
Revival Friday 001 (4).jpg   Revival Friday 001 (27).jpg   Revival Friday 001 (66).jpg  

Revival Friday 001 (11).jpg   Revival Friday 001 (13).jpg   Revival Friday 001 (35).jpg  

Old 30 Jul 2024, 10:00 (Ref:4221123)   #392
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Thanks as usual, Sir Bob. Hoping Mr Mallett got some pics from the Gold Cup meeting this weekend. I only got there yesterday as milady was a bit wiped out after the one day - but there were some great cars - including the little 500s, and a pair of glorious Maserati 250Fs, which sounded gorgeous...... Missed Mr Mann's Alfas today, though......
And thank you, LB, any comment always welcome.

Peter has some fine snaps from the meeting, I will ask if I can post a few here.

An Alfa story;
When my daughter, Jennie, was at school she came home one day and said her homework was to write about something that had developed over time, and asked for suggestions. Her piece about the development of the Alfa Romeo Grand Prix car was probably the most interesting of all the class's efforts.

Just for you;
Attached Thumbnails
079.JPG   133.JPG   IMG_5063.JPG  

IMG_8759.JPG   IMG_8786.JPG   JPEG Image (38620).jpg  

Old 30 Jul 2024, 10:50 (Ref:4221130)   #393
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Another wonderful selection Bob, thanks. A Galaxy of great cars, from the Falcon Sprint (named so people dont tell me its not a Galaxie but a Falcon Sprint), the Giulia TZ and the Morgan SLR are just beautiful pics of cars I alway adore, plus of course the Frazer Nash and other pre war beauties.
Also that Porsche 904 is a timeless shape ....... and I'm not a Porsche fan.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 10:54 (Ref:4221131)   #394
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
More nice selections, Bob. I like the shots of drivers or interesting team personnel but I have to admit I can't usually name all you post.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 11:12 (Ref:4221132)   #395
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I like the shots of drivers or interesting team personnel but I have to admit I can't usually name all you post.
Im usually the same in not knowing all the people, but this latest one is the odd one out.... I think I know them all, the last one is a bit an it looks like though.

Adrian Newey, Robert Kubica, SSM, Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, the last I think being a young Anthony Davidson.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 15:58 (Ref:4221180)   #396
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im usually the same in not knowing all the people, but this latest one is the odd one out.... I think I know them all, the last one is a bit an it looks like though.

Adrian Newey, Robert Kubica, SSM, Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, the last I think being a young Anthony Davidson.
Yes v young Anthony Davidson.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4221188)   #397
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
I got 1,3 and 4.

At first glance at number 3 I thought it was Bob who had jumped in to the car. Must have been the finger pointing like he was telling us all how stupid we are.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:39 (Ref:4221198)   #398
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And thank you, LB, any comment always welcome.

Peter has some fine snaps from the meeting, I will ask if I can post a few here.

An Alfa story;
When my daughter, Jennie, was at school she came home one day and said her homework was to write about something that had developed over time, and asked for suggestions. Her piece about the development of the Alfa Romeo Grand Prix car was probably the most interesting of all the class's efforts.

Just for you;
Hi Bob, be my guest.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:42 (Ref:4221201)   #399
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I got 1,3 and 4.

At first glance at number 3 I thought it was Bob who had jumped in to the car. Must have been the finger pointing like he was telling us all how stupid we are.
Do you need me to tell you?
Old 30 Jul 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4221226)   #400
bauble
Veteran

England
A few from Oulton, courtesy the Hon Peter;
Attached Thumbnails
27_07_2024 (122) copy.jpg   27_07_2024 (272) copy.jpg   GC HGPCA Qual  (78) copy.jpg  

GC HGPCA R1  (5) copy.jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (30) copy.jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (153) copy.jpg