Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 2003, 22:36 (Ref:821497)   #4101
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
by the way TR, Bastogne is also famous for a WW2 battle (Battle of the Bulge, you may have heard of it)
Old 28 Dec 2003, 11:33 (Ref:821766)   #4102
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep yep, i know the battle .

Damn, a lot of names .

Well, in Denmark, most people have 3 or 4 names.

For my own names sake, actually, my full first name is "Martin Sidney" (so that, if theres three boxes, "firstname", "middlename" and "surname", both Martin and Sidney would be in "firstname". Sidney was my granddad (on me fathers side.). Langdal is my mothers name, though not her family name (which is Nielsen). Langdal means, freely translated, long valley. Topf is my fathers family name. My dad is from NYC, but the name Topf originates from Austria (my granddad was austrian, and fought in the WW1 for the germans ). To complete the royksoppian world span, my dads mum was polish . My mom on the other hand is pure danish .

So, there goes a bit of family history .
Old 28 Dec 2003, 13:49 (Ref:821816)   #4103
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, i think we'd better get back on topic now lol
Old 28 Dec 2003, 14:53 (Ref:821836)   #4104
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P, I edited your Gentle Raceway. It's fine the way it is, but I felt it could use a bit of speed.
Attached Thumbnails
gr.jpg  
Old 28 Dec 2003, 15:10 (Ref:821842)   #4105
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've posted this track before. AFAIK, no one has said anything about it or editied it. Could someone please let me know what they think of it.
Attached Thumbnails
carrier (2).jpg  
Old 28 Dec 2003, 17:04 (Ref:821886)   #4106
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mandretti. In my estimation, the last corner could be better - unless of course you've stuck it in there with the desire to create a certain effect? Maybe it's the pitlane entrance that I'm not overly fond of. The B&S chicane looks like a challenge and a half - maybe too challenging?
I don't want to criticise though because I actually like it quite a lot. Interesting combination of long curves and sharp turns incorporated here. Aside from the two aforementioned corners I think it's quality.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:33 (Ref:822309)   #4107
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's an extremely long circuit I came up with using streets in my hometown that rally drivers could use.

Streets of Angleton
Length: ??.? miles
Turns: 81
Attached Thumbnails
angletonstreets(rally).jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:53 (Ref:822319)   #4108
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Edit of mandretti's track. Made Turn 2 faster and loosened up both chicanes some. I also altered the pit lane entrance so it doesn't jut out like before.
Attached Thumbnails
carrier.jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:55 (Ref:822473)   #4109
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Cool rally track Wuzzle!

I'm not sure of the "editability" of mandretti's track. It's got some hopeless bits in it if i'm perfectly honest. I'll take a shot at it later.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:23 (Ref:822491)   #4110
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
We _have_ been thru that track of yours before, mandretti. Somewhere around page 110 or something. A bit before the MyTracks Raceway part iirc.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 08:12 (Ref:823342)   #4111
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool track mandretti39, first I saw of it, but I much prefer Flaming_Wuzzle's edit of it...

speaking of people no replying to a circuit, noone have quite said anything about my interlagos edit...I'd love to hear some of your opinions on it...

There is some writing with it at http://members.optushome.com.au/sven...interlagos.htm
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:29 (Ref:823453)   #4112
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Its nice .
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:53 (Ref:823479)   #4113
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Heres what i would do with 'lagos. Drawn very badly though .
Attached Thumbnails
interlagos.jpg  
Old 30 Dec 2003, 13:01 (Ref:823549)   #4114
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Conrad, @Interlagos, i agree with the change to T2/3 but i think the rest of Interlagos is fine as it is. If anything i might even tighten T2, as this would encourage more overtaking in T4, but it would make the Senna "S" even more fiddly than it is.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 18:02 (Ref:823718)   #4115
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
To be honest I prefer Interlagos the way it is but I'd rather see the old version of it.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:34 (Ref:823789)   #4116
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mandretti, here's my edit of Carrier. Loosened up the 2nd corner into a semi-throttle sweep; got rid of the kink in the straight to create a possible passing spot; loosened B&S Chicane into one almost identical to that at Albert Park; edited that top-right complex to include a more challenging mid-high speed right rather than two slight parts; got rid of the Carrier Chicane as I felt it spoiled a nice mid-speed passing spot and ruined the flow a bit, and loosened off the last corner just a bit as it looked like too tight a hairpin.

One other thing - see that area between Turn 4-5 and the corner after Dead Man's Curve. Wouldn't that have very limited run off at such high speed entries to the corners, ie. just a barrier separating the two bits of track? I know that's a bit hypocritical because I had a similar thing happen around Turn 2 & last corner of my Brunei track, but I guess taking run off areas into account is still important in track design, even at this level. Having different sections of the track separated by just a wall and no run off is IMO just a bit too dangerous by modern standards.

One other thing I must commend you on is that final section of sweepers, they look real good fun to drive. I'd imagine they were inspired by Turns 4-6 at Sepang, no? Good work!
Attached Thumbnails
carrier (2).jpg  

Last edited by crozier74; 30 Dec 2003 at 19:42.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:58 (Ref:823807)   #4117
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
My take on Interlagos. I just feel that Esse and Pinheirinho slow the track down a bit too much and are a bit mickey mouse in comparison to the rest of the track. If you're thinking that this version is perhaps too simple, I think so too. But the only place I can see a new section being built is on the entrance to Ferradura, and I love that corner as it is, and the entry needs to remain as fast as it is IMO. BTW, what is the land on which the bits of the old circuit lie being used for at the moment? Does the circuit own them, and are they still there, so that theoritically racing could perhaps return to those sections of track? IMO, Interlagos isn't really one of the circuits that needs editing on the current F1 calender, it's got some nice elevation changes and seems to be a "proper" road racing circuit rather than one of the cynical new circuits such as Hockenheim.

Last edited by crozier74; 30 Dec 2003 at 20:04.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 20:02 (Ref:823813)   #4118
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Jeez, they really need to change that editing page so that we can attach images to messages where we forgot to do so, eh?
Attached Thumbnails
interlagos.gif  
Old 30 Dec 2003, 20:04 (Ref:823819)   #4119
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Looks fair. I also aimed at creating more overtaking at Bico de Pato. I'll post a more specific edit tomorrow.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 20:28 (Ref:823839)   #4120
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Some of you may have seen something on racingcircuits.net about a proposal to extend the A1 ring onto what looks like part of the old Osterreichring. Good idea, but it wouldn't be any faster because of the placement of a hairpin that would then lead you onto the Westschliefe. There would also be a stadium section near where Remus is currently.

One of the members of F1DB.com thought of a way to make this proposal better, so...
Attached Thumbnails
a1 2005.jpg  
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:12 (Ref:824007)   #4121
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
Using bits and pieces of people's thoughts on the track, I've created what could be seen as a safer circuit. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
carrier (4).jpg  
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:47 (Ref:824039)   #4122
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flaming_Wuzzle
[B]Some of you may have seen something on racingcircuits.net about a proposal to extend the A1 ring onto what looks like part of the old Osterreichring. Good idea, but it wouldn't be any faster because of the placement of a hairpin that would then lead you onto the Westschliefe. There would also be a stadium section near where Remus is currently.
I posted a topic on f1gamers.com about this a while back. Its still there, but SchumiFan16's circuit has probably been taken of the server...good read though...
http://www.f1gamers.com/f1/bb/?a=view&t=18735&d=0

Now, about Interlagos. I love the circuit the way it is...it has those nice flowing corners (which don't provide lots of overtaking), and a very tight section with lots of slow corners. It overall a good mix. I would hate to see some guy like the one who designed Bahrain/Shanghai/new Hockenheim get his hands on this marvelous circuit. I just thought I'd edit a circuit which appealed to me, and hopefully would have kept the flow of Interlagos going...

the_royksopp, I think that your edit of Interlagos would totally change Interlagos. Looks great though, lots of overtaking opportunities and still keeps the fast flow of the circuit going, but I rather it not be edited onto Interlagos, but more so built away from it.

crozier74, you've now taken away the most difficult part of the circuit. Now, the circuit isn't challenging (IMO). But, I like the circuit as it self, once again, but not for it to be built over Interlagos, but somewhere else.

Last edited by f1freak; 30 Dec 2003 at 23:48.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:48 (Ref:824040)   #4123
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Interlagos coming tomorrow. Need a good think about that one.

Carrier raceway in a moment

But A1-Ring first:
Old 31 Dec 2003, 00:06 (Ref:824061)   #4124
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Carrier raceway. Or what's left of it anyway
Old 31 Dec 2003, 00:14 (Ref:824072)   #4125
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
You killed it! You wouldn't even recognize that as what used to be my circuit if it were real.