Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jul 2024, 19:10 (Ref:4221230)   #401
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ditto;
Attached Thumbnails
GC HGPCA R1  (44) copy.jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (74) copy.jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (128) copy.jpg  

GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (92) copy.jpg   27_07_2024 (221) copy.jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (37) copy.jpg  

Old 30 Jul 2024, 19:59 (Ref:4221236)   #402
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A few from Oulton, courtesy the Hon Peter;
Thanks Peter and Bob..... Lovely cars, particularly like the Assegai-Alfa.

I remember our own Iain "Delta" Rowley driving it at Monaco a few years back.

In fact

Attached Thumbnails
Assegai-Alfa-gauld-2.jpg  
Old 31 Jul 2024, 07:26 (Ref:4221267)   #403
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good memories there EB.

I have put up the first batch of pictures here: https://peter-mallett.smugmug.com/Ou...th-Anniversary

I've got the FFord 2000s to do and I've got literally hundreds of F500s to go through!

Note: People ask why I charge for them. Well, if you like the pictures and there's an equivalent, or better one from a professional, but you choose mine because it's free, you take away from the livelihood of the professionals. And since they've always been good to me in my racing days I don't want to impact them (if at all) now. Happy to compete with them though.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 08:42 (Ref:4221276)   #404
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Happy days. We were chatting the other day about how lucky we were to race at Monaco. Would love to have another go. Brilliant photos Pete. Thank you.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 13:21 (Ref:4221315)   #405
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do you need me to tell you?
Ouch.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 13:23 (Ref:4221316)   #406
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something to chew on tonight?
Attached Thumbnails
001 - Copy (2).jpg   040.JPG   Brit GP 006.JPG  

IMG_2999.jpg   IMG_4726.JPG   003 (2).jpg  

Old 31 Jul 2024, 21:27 (Ref:4221360)   #407
bauble
Veteran

England
A mixed selection tonight 1;
Attached Thumbnails
004.JPG   026(1).JPG   017.jpg  

027(1).JPG   028(1).JPG   029(1).JPG  

Old 31 Jul 2024, 21:29 (Ref:4221361)   #408
bauble
Veteran

England
Second;
Attached Thumbnails
054(1).JPG   086.JPG   098.JPG  

099.JPG   127.JPG   178.JPG  

Old 31 Jul 2024, 21:31 (Ref:4221362)   #409
bauble
Veteran

England
Plus;
Attached Thumbnails
182.JPG   282.JPG   425.jpg  

569.jpg   557.jpg   574.jpg  

Old 31 Jul 2024, 21:33 (Ref:4221363)   #410
bauble
Veteran

England
Bonus set;
Attached Thumbnails
581.jpg   583.jpg   585.jpg  

902.JPG   IMG_2410.JPG   IMG_9914.JPG  

Old 1 Aug 2024, 06:35 (Ref:4221394)   #411
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Another eclectic bunch there Baub, thanks for posting them.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 08:43 (Ref:4221407)   #412
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Another eclectic bunch there Baub, thanks for posting them.
I agree but they all seem a bit modern for Bob.

The Mini in post 409 looks a bit odd to me. Something around the windscreen doesn't look right.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 09:36 (Ref:4221414)   #413
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post

The Mini in post 409 looks a bit odd to me. Something around the windscreen doesn't look right.

Is it possibly the more modern rollover bar pillars that you wouldn't normally see on an original car in period?
Old 1 Aug 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4221424)   #414
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Is it possibly the more modern rollover bar pillars that you wouldn't normally see on an original car in period?
I agree with Mike about the modern rollcage being more visible through the windscreen than a period one, but looking more closely the windscreen rubber and chrome central 'expander strip' seem very prominent (but this could simply be due the the super-sharp focus of Baub's picture! )
Old 1 Aug 2024, 10:36 (Ref:4221426)   #415
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
I think it's probably the depth of the windscreen. Looks more like a minisprint from the 60s with the A pillars chopped a bit.

Also the drainage channel round the roof on the passenger side looks more prominent against the black background.

Though as you say it's probably the fantastic clarity of Bob's brilliant photography that's just making me take so much time to wonder at the sheer poetry in motion he captures time after time.

Last edited by morninggents; 1 Aug 2024 at 10:42.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 14:13 (Ref:4221441)   #416
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

Well, take a closer look.
Attached Thumbnails
414.jpg   425.jpg   426.jpg  

432.jpg   421.jpg   430.jpg  

Old 1 Aug 2024, 16:47 (Ref:4221449)   #417
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Well it looks just like a racing Mini in photos 1,3,4 and 5.
Why did you photoshop no.2 and no.6?
Old 1 Aug 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4221464)   #418
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Sorry but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the windscreen. Now if you tell me about the front wheel location in the wheel arch may be the explanation is a lot of castor. Or a very good front subframe.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4221485)   #419
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Another good selection of photos, Bob and Peter - thanks!

One of my mates had spotted the Assegai and its Alfa badge, so collared me to see if I could identify it.....I could instantly see the Nord engine, but knew little else about it - and then someone helpfully provided a framed description of the car explaining its history
Old 1 Aug 2024, 23:57 (Ref:4221491)   #420
bauble
Veteran

England
Snaps;
Attached Thumbnails
465.jpg   447.jpg   455.jpg  

451.jpg   463.jpg   443.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2024, 00:00 (Ref:4221493)   #421
bauble
Veteran

England
More snaps;
Attached Thumbnails
667.JPG   671.JPG   681.JPG  

670.JPG   704.JPG   695.JPG  

Old 2 Aug 2024, 00:02 (Ref:4221494)   #422
bauble
Veteran

England
I'm off to bed;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0022.JPG   IMG_0031.JPG   IMG_0025.JPG  

IMG_0029.JPG   IMG_0028.JPG   IMG_0024.JPG  

Old 2 Aug 2024, 05:34 (Ref:4221504)   #423
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
One of my mates had spotted the Assegai and its Alfa badge, so collared me to see if I could identify it.....I could instantly see the Nord engine, but knew little else about it - and then someone helpfully provided a framed description of the car explaining its history
The clue being an assegai is a type of Zulu / South African tribal spear.
Old 2 Aug 2024, 05:47 (Ref:4221505)   #424
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks for the very nice snaps Bob.....

Have a nice nap!
Old 4 Aug 2024, 13:46 (Ref:4221727)   #425
bauble
Veteran

England
I feel guilty if I don't post something very day;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6865.JPG   IMG_6952.JPG   IMG_6968.JPG  

IMG_7923.JPG   IMG_7942.JPG   IMG_7992.JPG