Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1076503)   #401
Rookie

304 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger, I missed Shell Helix on Sunday. What was on?

Hey, this new law (front page of NZ Herald today) saying the cops can prosecute the driver of any vehicle deemed to driven in a reckless manner or causing injury .... ANYWHERE ..... not just 'on a road'. Does this mean that every motor race is now going to result in multiple prosecutions for unsafe driving?
If this applies to racing, and there's nothing to say it doesen't, then I'd say most of the V8 competitors will finish the year in jail !!
Old 24 Aug 2004, 23:40 (Ref:1076629)   #402
HQRacer
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
HQRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have some great ideas on how to get sponsorship? It seems to be who you know, not what you know in this field. I'm looking for some minor funds to support my HQ racing. Cheers
Old 25 Aug 2004, 00:28 (Ref:1076649)   #403
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And that, is the $64,000 question, really...

Try knocking on lots of doors would be my advice...
Old 25 Aug 2004, 00:32 (Ref:1076652)   #404
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by HQRacer
Does anybody have some great ideas on how to get sponsorship? It seems to be who you know, not what you know in this field. I'm looking for some minor funds to support my HQ racing. Cheers
A panel beater if it's a HQ
Old 25 Aug 2004, 01:15 (Ref:1076663)   #405
HQRacer
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
Yeah Evomike........your not wrong there....finding free panelbeaters is a bloody hard task these days!
Old 25 Aug 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1076778)   #406
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by 304
Bugger, I missed Shell Helix on Sunday. What was on?
don't worry you didn't miss much lol

the only off season news was that otr are racing next season... and umm.. that was about it

Last edited by promax; 25 Aug 2004 at 08:30.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1077326)   #407
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV

well if it was they will be paying it off over the next 12 mths......20 minute infomercials are expensive.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1077371)   #408
HQRacer
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
It was pretty slack really. I'm looking forward to some more info. Apparently Grant Shivas has setup a race workshop and has 3 cars in his stables now.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 21:22 (Ref:1077409)   #409
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, I thought that the Shell Helix OTR Infomercial must have been a paid job. However, Twas interesting stuff none-the-less and all part of this mighty Beast of a Sport that we follow.
The Pre-prog. guff says that "Over the next few weeks we will be catching up with a few of the Leading V8 Teams" So keep watchin' I guess that as Andy Pandy is top dog and deservedly so I might add.. then it is fitting for the Team that carries the N0.1 on the doors to be first up.
Press release for 29th Aug. Shell Helix prog says,"5.00 p.m. Today we check out the rookies from last Season and also catch up on the new boys for THIS Season..........." So, Tune in Boys n Gals. Its all getting very close and twill soon be upon us. Then we will all know whats what.
HEY...Did I tell ya I'm doin' HOTLAPS with Bairdo on October 1st?????????? Cant wait and cant imagine what it will be like. Who's done 'em before?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 03:11 (Ref:1077598)   #410
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
slack

Hi HQ Racer

Dont forget when you locate that sponsor youre working so hard to find you can steer em away from free 20 minute infomercials cos there just darn SLACK
Old 26 Aug 2004, 03:29 (Ref:1077605)   #411
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Re: Shell Helix

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Keener
yes Promax & good to see Shell Helix produce a 20 minute infomercial on OTR....... all that was missing was Suzanne Paul.
i don't have a problem with otr's air time (good on them ).. i do have a problem when it comes to tvnz and their lack of info/news/whatever for a motorsport starved country
Old 26 Aug 2004, 04:37 (Ref:1077621)   #412
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
agree
Old 26 Aug 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1077695)   #413
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Re: TV

Quote:
well if it was they will be paying it off over the next 12 mths......20 minute infomercials are expensive.
I would have thought the savings made on the small amount of material required to make Mr Booths race suit would go some way towards it!

(Please note toungue firmly planted in cheek)
Old 26 Aug 2004, 07:43 (Ref:1077696)   #414
TKR#1
Rookie

New Zealand
TKR#1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
HEY...Did I tell ya I'm doin' HOTLAPS with Bairdo on October 1st?????????? Cant wait and cant imagine what it will be like. Who's done 'em before?
BAZzzzz c I had the pleasure of the first with Jason in a modified Excec II, which still managed 210 k's 100m before the hear pin. The best parts where when Foggy passed us on the first lap. Jason called him a "rude" name and the race was on. Grass cutting at the ess's with the back straight wall flying at us was fun too. I also did laps with John in a NZV8T, which was much faster and harder at the hair pin. Unfortunitly I was two rides too early as he then put it in the sand trap
I await a much deserved pay raise to fund laps with Bairdo
Old 26 Aug 2004, 07:52 (Ref:1077704)   #415
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by BAZzzzz c
Good on ya Bazz, it is fun. At the last encounter with Bairdo and Porter quite some time was wasted extracting Mr Porter from the sand!

I am going for Hotlaps with Bairdo the week before......in Queensland......in the original black beast. The car, that almost 4 years ago (Yes it's TKR's 4th birthday soon) debuted at Bathurst! I hope that will be fun
Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1077722)   #416
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be choice Evomike!

That car has a lot of history, I think Perkins first had it on track in 1999. I could be wrong though.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1077727)   #417
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Timu
Should be choice Evomike!

That car has a lot of history, I think Perkins first had it on track in 1999. I could be wrong though.
You are correct It is an ex perkins machine, not sure of it's pedigree. Was it Ingalls?? I am sure GTR Magic knows. I think it was orginally a VT and I think it is now up to Vx specs, not sure actually.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1077777)   #418
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
isn't that the car ingall used to umm "enforce" mike imrie a few years back.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1077840)   #419
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Thanks for the hotlap info lads n lasses, but wait a mo' NOBODY told me about the sandtrap .....and WALLS..... LOL.
Hey TKR#1 (Hmmmm now why didnt I use that name??) hope you GET that payrise........ (we could do with the funds.)and you sound like you could do it all again despite the hairy bits!!!

Go well in Oz EVO, Sounds like I am in for a treat eh? and YUP, 4 years since I discovered this mighty Team secreted away somewhere in Penrose. Hope they are hangin in there 'cos I want to see at least another 4 years marked up.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1077868)   #420
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Re: Re: Shell Helix

Quote:
Originally posted by promax
i don't have a problem with otr's air time (good on them ).. i do have a problem when it comes to tvnz and their lack of info/news/whatever for a motorsport starved country
"AY-UP" PROMAX. Unfortunately, Motorsport starved we may be, (but is IS off-season) but I personally think that we are very well served by TVNZ and the likes of the Shell Helix Prog on Sundays (thats every Sunday, on and off Season) We get Formula 1 LIVE and dangerous, EVERY Round no matter what god-awfull (sorry God) time it is, we get Every Round of the Australian V8 Superdooper cars, MOST of it Live n dangerous (which I believe is much more tha even Some of our Ozz friends get) We might miss the end sometimes in a LIVE race but we always GET the end even if we have to wait 'til the next week. We have had every single round of the KONICA Series, We have had every single Round of the NZ V8 Series where we get to see the very folks that we are just as likely to bump into in the street. We get a plethora of 'infil' info on all of these Series's in every programme, and we get it all without fail, smack bang in the middle of the Oval ball Season where those Oval brained types without Sky must be spittin' feathers at the 3 hours on Sunday arvo's of the Shell Helix Prog. I think we do very very well, especially too when only about 8 of us bother to turn up at a race meeting like (say) the last Pukekohe 6 Hour meeting (go EVO's mob, go Johhny Mc, and Andy Pandy,) where the camera crews outnumbered the Spectators probably because it was too cold or too far or too cheap or nobody was dishing out the free entries etc etc etc. or ANY excuse rather than turning out to support the Sport and the Competitors. AND it was a very good meeting AND if anybody wanted to see PASSING, remember Passing? then this was the place to be. Yet STILL we got it on the telly a couple of weeks later, STILL these camera crews turn out to film it all for the telly and still the crowds stay away. Poorly served?? If we are then it is of our own making but I think we do very very well considering..... but DONT get me started..
David Taylor, Award winning (for NZ Motorsport Live coverage) Producer for TVNZ has fought tooth and nail to get us the precious three hour stint EVERY week AND the upcoming Enduroes AND the coming NZ v8 extravaganza. All this despite the pressure on this 3 hour slot on a (wet) Sunday. Hey and dont forget the arrival in November of the mighty Midgets and Sprintcars at the equelly Mighty Western Springs. and we can expect to see THAT too. I could go on but me'thinks I have made my point, now, what was the question??.... WAS there a question, hello... hello. anybody there.............
Old 26 Aug 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1077876)   #421
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Oh, AND we got lots 'n lots'n lots of TKR. In the studio, on the track, Many many shots of TKR in the home series last year, like Tvnz were sponsors or something. LUVLYJUBLY
Old 26 Aug 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1078430)   #422
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
well said Bazzzzz & without the TVNZ effort how much harder would it be for ALL teams to attract & retain that hard to find sponsorship ? Go you good thing Shell Helix hard to find better value on a free to air channel.

Evomike, the suit savings didnt turn out to be as good as first thought, rumour has it this year they invested in extra pockets........for trophys & cups & things
Old 26 Aug 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1078510)   #423
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:

Evomike, the suit savings didnt turn out to be as good as first thought, rumour has it this year they invested in extra pockets........for trophys & cups & things

One hopes they are easy access so he can hand them back to us in 05/06
Old 26 Aug 2004, 21:27 (Ref:1078547)   #424
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Something troubles me O Wise Ones....... Nobody seems to have questioned it but how come, if TKR won the NZ Championship using their money and time and Organisation, how come the Number One went with the Driver to another Team?? Hasnt really sat right with me at all but everybody seems to have accepted it as 'normal' Is there a Rule? Is it the Driver that wins or is it the team. If it's the Team then TKR are reighning Champs and Orix should not sport the cherished Number One this year. Is it Ferrari or Shoey that wins and would Ferrari give up the Lead position if Shoey left the Team. Help me out here.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 21:29 (Ref:1078550)   #425
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
reighning.?? dont look right.