Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Sep 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3674206)   #4351
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
So how is that IMSA news?
Old 22 Sep 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3674219)   #4352
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
IMSA team, innit?

Pity they're not entering a car at PLM though.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3674240)   #4353
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
IMSA team, innit?

Pity they're not entering a car at PLM though.
They are entering one car for Sharp, Johannes, and Pipo. Trying to win that NAEC thing, although the dnf at Watkins realistically killed their chances unless the ACtion Express car crashes out early.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3674242)   #4354
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon Pags, Dixon, RHR and more added to PLM entry.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13460...-le-mans-entry

Where's that race thread joeb?
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3674245)   #4355
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They are entering one car for Sharp, Johannes, and Pipo. Trying to win that NAEC thing, although the dnf at Watkins realistically killed their chances unless the ACtion Express car crashes out early.
Niiiice, didn't see that! Cheers.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3674328)   #4356
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JDC-Miller Motorsport moving up from PC to the P class in '17 with an Oreca 07. LINK

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:15 (Ref:3674331)   #4357
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
...but IMSA is a dying series!
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3674335)   #4358
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
So.

2x AXR
1x WTR
1x SDR
2x Mazda
2x ESM
1x JDC-Miller
1x PR1/Mathiasen

That looks like ten full-season P entries straight away.

Looks like PC will be a three horse race between Starworks and JDC-Miller's lone PC.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3674339)   #4359
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
If there are indeed ten full season entries, that is a very healthy starting point for IMSA. Kudos... yes, I praised them, maybe even actually go see a race or two next year in person.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:54 (Ref:3674345)   #4360
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
If there are indeed ten full season entries, that is a very healthy starting point for IMSA. Kudos... yes, I praised them, maybe even actually go see a race or two next year in person.
Wow. Certainly meaningful, but you've always been the "sensible" one, eh?

I was a huge ALMS fan. I have always and will always support PLM (that's where the seed was really planted). I have been frustrated of late, but I've always found silver linings.

10? Full season? I'll believe it when I see them all show up but it's certainly moving in the right direction.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3674349)   #4361
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
...but IMSA is a dying series!
According to who?

No, I'm seriously curious - I've heard(and contributed to) more than a few concerns about the current direction, but I've never heard anyone claim IMSA is dying.

Well, aside from the NASCAR nuts, at least, but they think everything BUT NASCAR is dying so no sane person counts them.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3674351)   #4362
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Well, aside from the NASCAR nuts, at least, but they think everything BUT NASCAR is dying so no sane person counts them.
Oh do they now?

Nice generalization, though.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3674359)   #4363
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
According to who?

No, I'm seriously curious - I've heard(and contributed to) more than a few concerns about the current direction, but I've never heard anyone claim IMSA is dying.

I believe Matt was using sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 Sep 2016, 22:02 (Ref:3674370)   #4364
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Oh do they now?

Nice generalization, though.
Not a generalization - when I say "NASCAR nut" I'm not talking about NASCAR fans in general, I'm talking about the almost psychotic subsection of them that are convinced NASCAR is king to the point where if they went under they'd blame some sort of conspiracy instead of acknowledging NASCAR could have done anything wrong.

You know, the sort of nuttiness that makes one believe that IMCA being the oldest active motorsports sanctioning body in the world(which, BTW, it isn't) actually means something?
Old 22 Sep 2016, 22:26 (Ref:3674376)   #4365
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the JDC announcement has at least finally put to rest notions that both A: IMSA is dying, and B: PC teams would never make the step up if you gave them an ultimatum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 Sep 2016, 22:40 (Ref:3674378)   #4366
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I think the JDC announcement has at least finally put to rest notions that both A: IMSA is dying, and B: PC teams would never make the step up if you gave them an ultimatum
It really hasn't. Notion A comes from people who will never acknowledge IMSA is doing okay even if they were on top of the world, and issue B isn't actually anything to do with the teams wanting to step up or not. It's with whether or not they could scrounge up the money to do so - many of their cash cow Am drivers had no interest in racing in Prototype, and without them the teams need money to be ABLE to move up. The issue was whether or not such teams would FIND that money.

And keep in mind, we only have two PC teams reliably confirmed to be stepping up right now, so it's not actually saying much right now.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 23:21 (Ref:3674382)   #4367
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Not a generalization - when I say "NASCAR nut" I'm not talking about NASCAR fans in general, I'm talking about the almost psychotic subsection of them that are convinced NASCAR is king to the point where if they went under they'd blame some sort of conspiracy instead of acknowledging NASCAR could have done anything wrong.

You know, the sort of nuttiness that makes one believe that IMCA being the oldest active motorsports sanctioning body in the world(which, BTW, it isn't) actually means something?
Thanks for the elaboration, even though you still fail to make a point as to how this is at all relevant to the conversation here.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 00:25 (Ref:3674405)   #4368
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Thanks for the elaboration, even though you still fail to make a point as to how this is at all relevant to the conversation here.
I was trying to determine if Matt was seriously referring to some specific group of people who thought IMSA was about to die. That was merely part of the inquiry - specifying that I'm asking if it's more than the normal blind nutballs.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 00:52 (Ref:3674410)   #4369
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I was trying to determine if Matt was seriously referring to some specific group of people who thought IMSA was about to die. That was merely part of the inquiry - specifying that I'm asking if it's more than the normal blind nutballs.
One could certainly come to the conclusion that some here thought it was dying from their posts over the last couple of years, but you certainly inquired about that by lashing out at something else. I don't get it.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3674417)   #4370
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think an important part to remember is that we don't know where anyone stands other than those who've announced.

Someone had to jump first and that was ESM.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:25 (Ref:3674421)   #4371
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I think an important part to remember is that we don't know where anyone stands other than those who've announced.

Someone had to jump first and that was ESM.
Thank you for bringing us back to the current conversation.

There was smoke with ESM. There seems to be smoke with others.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:55 (Ref:3674434)   #4372
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
LMPC in 2017 could be a concern in terms of driver quality even more than ever. What remains will be mainly ride buyers. I bet Daytona/Sebring will still see 8-10 cars but I bet after that it will dip below 5.

Mr. Dagys on S365 seems optimistic that the GTLM field will remain stable from this year to next.

GTD is going to grow I think. I really hope the WeatherTech team comes back. I think there is a chance that will be the case. Same for Timmy P. 2016 saw about 13 full season runners. Perhaps in 2017 that will push 18.

I think IMSA may have to reconsider the class structure for a couple of the races due to higher grids. Long Beach in particular. Either DPI or GTD may have to get the boot for that event. Detroit and Laguna Seca may need a look too.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3674439)   #4373
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
LMPC in 2017 could be a concern in terms of driver quality even more than ever. What remains will be mainly ride buyers. I bet Daytona/Sebring will still see 8-10 cars but I bet after that it will dip below 5.

Mr. Dagys on S365 seems optimistic that the GTLM field will remain stable from this year to next.

GTD is going to grow I think. I really hope the WeatherTech team comes back. I think there is a chance that will be the case. Same for Timmy P. 2016 saw about 13 full season runners. Perhaps in 2017 that will push 18.

I think IMSA may have to reconsider the class structure for a couple of the races due to higher grids. Long Beach in particular. Either DPI or GTD may have to get the boot for that event. Detroit and Laguna Seca may need a look too.
I'd be quite surprised to see an LMPC class even around... I'd bet there will be less than 5 cars.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:24 (Ref:3674445)   #4374
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
One could certainly come to the conclusion that some here thought it was dying from their posts over the last couple of years, but you certainly inquired about that by lashing out at something else. I don't get it.
I didn't "lash out" at anything. I simply made clear that I was wondering if he was referring to something other than the obvious - something I could have missed.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:28 (Ref:3674447)   #4375
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I'd be quite surprised to see an LMPC class even around... I'd bet there will be less than 5 cars.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase from a bunch of "last hurrah" entries in the class since the cars will have nowhere to race afterwards, but I'm not gonna predict anything.

But such entries could be...hazardous to the rest of the field, to say the least. So probably better to hope for a decrease in this case.

IMSA will stick to keeping the class around if they get any entries, though.