Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Aug 2024, 00:28 (Ref:4223351)   #4451
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
So simple. So clever.
Agree.

Similar idea (to prevent rear brake lock) on my Fiat 124 Sport from 1971.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 13:50 (Ref:4223530)   #4452
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Really good article from Mark Hughes in Motorsport - Red Bull pace change being due to an asymmetric braking system "a total fantasy". Good to see article from an adult, who really understands how to assess information, rather than the "click bait kids" who simply throw any outlandish idea out there to garner traffic.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 16:57 (Ref:4223543)   #4453
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Really good article from Mark Hughes in Motorsport - Red Bull pace change being due to an asymmetric braking system "a total fantasy". Good to see article from an adult, who really understands how to assess information, rather than the "click bait kids" who simply throw any outlandish idea out there to garner traffic.
This
Old 23 Aug 2024, 19:16 (Ref:4223549)   #4454
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good to see article from an adult, who really understands how to assess information, rather than the "click bait kids" who simply throw any outlandish idea out there to garner traffic.
I think the reverse is also true. Such as this quote from the article..

Quote:
We are slightly better informed one week on, though still finding out more.
While there is always someone looking to generate traffic (clicks). The title for the MSM article above ("MPH: 'Claims surrounding Red Bull's performance drop are total fantasy'") is no different and I can't fault them. If your business is clicks then you work to create clicks. I don't see anything wrong with early day speculation. It was a serious topic of discussion with early questions around if any teams were already using it. At the time there was no clear answer. And as Mark calls out above everyone is more informed now than they were a week ago. I assume himself included. I would say that it's easy to look smart now by placing a stake in the ground once all the dust has settled. So where was Mark one week ago? I can't read the article because it is behind a paywall, but the title (plenty clickbaity) is... "MPH: The clues as to which F1 team had now-illegal brake system" Is that not inline with the type of news/reporting we are throwing stones at now after the fact?

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...-brake-system/

I really do appreciate his expertise and knowledge, but in reality I don't see the article posted above ("...total fantasy") anything particularly special on the topic. I would say it's actually old news at this point.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 23 Aug 2024 at 19:23.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 20:38 (Ref:4223556)   #4455
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I really do appreciate his expertise and knowledge, but in reality I don't see the article posted above ("...total fantasy") anything particularly special on the topic. I would say it's actually old news at this point.
What I found good about his article is that (unlike all the tin-foil click baiters) it actually examines the question properly, uses actual on-track performance indicators and follows a logic path (including the one I've pointed out that the rule clarification came in during the summer break, so only applied from then on).

His earlier article didn't have as much detail but compared how RBR, McLaren & Mercedes have gone - essentially pointing out that IF one was using asymmetric braking then all 3 were as the pointers worked out the same or very close to it for all 3. His way of dismissing the RBR claims.

I know that you have thought previously that I was having a dig at you about this one but I'm not - the whole "storm in a teacup" nature of it was I think due to the lack of other stuff to talk about during the summer break & also possibly by the lack of background information provided by the FIA when the clarification was announced. I never for once believed the RBR theories but I get that with the sheer volume of claims being made, it would be hard to know who was Arthur and who was Martha.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 02:28 (Ref:4223573)   #4456
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know that you have thought previously that I was having a dig at you about this one but I'm not
No worries.

Richard