Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:27 (Ref:2092260)   #426
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Reid is a driver I would like to see back behind the wheel full time.

Always very talkative and approachable whenever I have had the fortune to speak to him on those brief occasions.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:38 (Ref:2092268)   #427
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see that MN ran the Tom Onslow-Cole to Vauxhall story.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 20:18 (Ref:2093523)   #428
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
IMO BTCC is a step up from British Carrera Cup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Carrera may have faster cars, but the BTCC is superior in all other ways. Its drivers and teams are of a higher standard, remember that Carrera only has about half a dozen full-time professional racers. It has a richer history, features a grea variety of cars, and can justify a schedule (complete with support races) of its own.

Totaly disagree. Pedaling a Carrera Cup car is a harder task then a BTCC car. Reaction times are quicker, more power and weight at the back to think about.

I also diagree that BTCC is superior in all other ways. Carrera Cups are more prestigious, hospitality is much much better (BTCC is non existant nearly) and a large number of drivers progress to a very prestigious Supercup which supports F1.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 20:55 (Ref:2094209)   #429
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbase have their first BMW!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/index.php

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1733
Old 23 Dec 2007, 21:40 (Ref:2094220)   #430
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like Motorbase could be a bit of a good team next year, depending on who they get driving the cars. Stephen Kane and Mat Allison could be a good package ...
Old 24 Dec 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2094370)   #431
SEATFreak
Racer

Spain
SEATFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
It looks like Motorbase could be a bit of a good team next year, depending on who they get driving the cars. Stephen Kane and Mat Allison could be a good package ...
What about Sam Hancock?

"Sam is a very quick driver and has impressed me enormously with his professionalism and maturity. He has a very bright future."
Jean-Marc Gounon, ex-F1 driver and factory Audi, BMW and Mercedes and Pescarolo sportscar driver

That is just one of the endorsments in his driver profile on the teams website.

But for me it all depenends on whether a driver wants to race if the funding is not an issue for him. Even if he has the money if he doesn't wan't to race he won't race. That's my logic.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 15:09 (Ref:2094487)   #432
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I think most people would find it hard to argue that point!! lol Think you've nailed it!
Old 24 Dec 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2094498)   #433
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If he has the money he should be forced to enter, at gunpoint if necessary.

Any particular reason for mentioning Sam Hancock? As far as I'm aware he's never voiced any desires to race Touring Cars so I'm struggling to see how he is relevant to this thread. Do you know something we don't or is it just a name you plucked out at random?
Old 24 Dec 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2094516)   #434
SEATFreak
Racer

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I think most people would find it hard to argue that point!! lol Think you've nailed it!
Have I? Thanks Craig.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 16:38 (Ref:2094517)   #435
SEATFreak
Racer

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Any particular reason for mentioning Sam Hancock? As far as I'm aware he's never voiced any desires to race Touring Cars so I'm struggling to see how he is relevant to this thread. Do you know something we don't or is it just a name you plucked out at random?
I didn't mean anything by what I said whatsoever. No need to take offence.

I only mentioned him purely because he happens to race for Motorbase and what I read about him on his Driver Profile.

So I did NOT pick his name at random and THAT is the relevance he has to this thread.

Last edited by SEATFreak; 24 Dec 2007 at 16:46.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2094540)   #436
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATFreak
I didn't mean anything by what I said whatsoever. No need to take offence.

[removed by poster]I don't give a stuff whether or not he has voiced a desire to race in tintops.
I wasn't taking offence. I realise that he has driven for Motorbase but other than that there seemed no reason for you mentioning his name.

If he has no desire to race in tintops why suggest him as a possible driver?
Old 24 Dec 2007, 18:31 (Ref:2094551)   #437
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, anyone inside motorbase has a chance if they have the money ...
Old 24 Dec 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2094579)   #438
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or outside as well!
Old 24 Dec 2007, 20:06 (Ref:2094585)   #439
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally
Or outside as well!
Anyone with the money, full stop. Unless Motorbase can build up reputation as a team capable of winning. With MBase, WSR, Dynamics, Robertshaw Chevy, Mat Jackson and the two factory teams it looks like we might have thirteen drivers capable of winning!

EDIT : Make that fifteen with Mike and Andy Jordan. We might have a classic season on our hands ...

Last edited by duke_toaster; 24 Dec 2007 at 20:10.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 10:40 (Ref:2094696)   #440
SEATFreak
Racer

Spain
Quote:
If he has no desire to race in tintops why suggest him as a possible driver?
You perhaps aren't aware he has no desire to race in tintops?
Old 25 Dec 2007, 11:06 (Ref:2094702)   #441
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK this is getting confusing. Please keep this topic to "News & Rumours" as per the thread title, where we know drivers / teams to want to compete in the BTCC, rather than just pluck names out of the middle of nowhere.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 12:33 (Ref:2094968)   #442
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has got a little bit off topic, so let me shake it up a little:
.What happend to Jim Pocklington? He kinda vanished, any ideas?
.Any news of Adam Jone's intentions? He was a great driver in the outdated Toledo, deserves a better maybe works drive? Perhaps Motorbase, not seen any evidence, but would be good.
. Jason Hughes and his MG, they going to be back?
. Fiona Leggate, her plans?
. Did Halfords ever sell there Hondas, new cars or are they going to develop the old ones?
. Lots of BTCC cars on racecarsdirect, Bells 320i, stocktons Lexus etc, any people intrested, and what new cars for them?

.......That should generate some posts methinks.....
Simon
Old 26 Dec 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2094976)   #443
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
. Did Halfords ever sell there Hondas, new cars or are they going to develop the old ones?
i think i saw them in autosport for sale a few issues back-they have sold their cars in previous years
Old 26 Dec 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2094980)   #444
redshoes
Veteran

Not many definite answers to those questions yet.
Quote:
.What happend to Jim Pocklington? He kinda vanished, any ideas?
Wilbo will probably be able to give us a better answer but I suspect we've seen the last of Pocklington.

Quote:
.Any news of Adam Jone's intentions? He was a great driver in the outdated Toledo, deserves a better maybe works drive? Perhaps Motorbase, not seen any evidence, but would be good.
Jones has spoken to Motorbase, but then Jones has spoken to many teams and Motorbase have spoken to many drivers so don't read anything into that. Usual story of trying to get many details in place before a deal can be done.

Quote:
. Jason Hughes and his MG, they going to be back?
. Fiona Leggate, her plans?
Not heard anything definite, but I think most people expect Hughes to be back with the MGs, possibly still with Leggate. I know it's a question of money but I do think the MGs are not longer a viable option. The whole field has moved on and the MGs are now well past their best. Hughes would do much better ditching them and upgrading to more modern S2000-spec machinery - something like the ex-Motorbase Toledos would be ideal.

Quote:
They weren't sold. They will be running the same cars next year.

Quote:
. Lots of BTCC cars on racecarsdirect, Bells 320i, stocktons Lexus etc, any people intrested, and what new cars for them?
Bell is still looking, obviously depends on finding a buyer for the BMW first.
Stockton is only selling one of Lexuses so he has the option of continuing with the other one, rebuilding it into the latest shape shell, or maybe doing something completely different.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 13:16 (Ref:2094982)   #445
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I don't know about Stockton, but his team-mates gone off to AFM driving a 1 series oilburner alongside Rick Kerry. Could be a good package next year after a woeful start.

T O-C to Motorbase could be interesting. Maybe the vacant WSR seat could be Adam Jones ...
Old 26 Dec 2007, 14:08 (Ref:2094989)   #446
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and what about eoin Murray? He was a great driver in the ALFA, maybe himm and A-Tech could strike a deal.
I dont think the MGs are too bad, though Toldeos or maybe more BMWs would suit Kartworld better.
Simon
Old 26 Dec 2007, 15:31 (Ref:2095008)   #447
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Oh and what about eoin Murray? He was a great driver in the ALFA, maybe himm and A-Tech could strike a deal.
Simon
Will Got Denninged have the funds though? Qwest have had money problems throughout the season...
Old 26 Dec 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2095016)   #448
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
They weren't sold. They will be running the same cars next year..
so what did i see for sale??-i need glasses then
Old 26 Dec 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2095017)   #449
redshoes
Veteran

No glasses needed. They were for sale briefly, they weren't sold.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2095025)   #450
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
No glasses needed. They were for sale briefly, they weren't sold.
was there much interest when briefly for sale
Closed Thread