Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3297513)   #426
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was me or this race had some of the worst marshalls seen on the late years?

The assistance of the flaming Ferrari, the joke of the guy hanging the Senna's Aston mountain up, hanging the car from the front (and the car had no rear tyre), taking one hour repairing a small barrier, etc, etc........ Disasterland
Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3297528)   #427
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus
Really! Was anyone else in total chaos trying to watch the Indy finish which all hell broke loose and the Aston vs Ferrari!

Lagunaseca_4life: "thats me!lol, tv balsting and lap top on the floor streaming wec."

Small time. IndyCar on the TV, WEC streaming on one monitor, and both T&S screens on the other monitor.

Both races got really exciting at the same time and all that gear just helped me not be able to follow it all.

Last edited by Maelochs; 1 Sep 2013 at 22:08.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3297542)   #428
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
(Your favourite word again: clueless) Please educate us clueless about their apparently very abnormal way of funding a major racing program which apparently according to you does not involve money moving from the parent company to a motorsport division. Does the budget drop from the air or something?

2 is more than 1, and right now the track, 1 would be more than 0. there is some really basic common sense for you. If they had huge budget, should they still run just one car because LM is the goal?

You replied, now I'm not supposed to reply back?
I usually dont bother talking to the people under the bridge, especially since it's a race thread. Not a rant about how everyone should be like Audi. If you think you know the information you ask for why are you asking? Its on these threads bud. You know how to use the search function. They commited 1 car to season, that is what theyre running. If you have a problem with that maybe you should contact TMG and help fund their program. Don't pretend to know what Toyota supplies in terms of funding. You humor me with your one sidedness and blatant misunderstanding. Sorry I didn't reply faster, but I was following two different races.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3297543)   #429
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
This analogy doesn't really work imho, since Ferrari (actually all top F1 teams) doesn't do that for purely budgetary reasons and usually only after theoretical chances become too low. Lets not forget that currenly finishing 2nd in the WEC manufacturer's championship is same as finishing last, so it's not like it had become totally impossible goal... And most importantly, Ferrari still keeps fielding two cars. (yes I know, rules wouldn't even allow that, but still)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I usually dont bother talking to the people under the bridge, especially since it's a race thread. Not a rant about how everyone should be like Audi. If you think you know the information you ask for why are you asking? Its on these threads bud. You know how to use the search function. They commited 1 car to season, that is what theyre running. If you have a problem with that maybe you should contact TMG and help fund their program. Don't pretend to know what Toyota supplies in terms of funding. You humor me with your one sidedness and blatant misunderstanding. Sorry I didn't reply faster, but I was following two different races.
Quiet, both of you.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3297546)   #430
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Quiet, both of you.
I only see text, don't hear any noise I kid!
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3297552)   #431
TF110
Veteran

United States
Sorry if I offend anyone with my posts. Im just making light of the bad race Toyota had, but Toyota is a part of me and my family and I support their efforts no matter how big or small. I am not trying to make excuses for them but we shouldn't judge them by 'Audi standards' if you want to put it into words. No other manufacturer is even entered, and if it weren't for Toyota having a car we would end up with every race in lmp1 being like today after the first hour. Thats not good for the viewers or the championship. So hopefully we have a great race in Texas.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3297553)   #432
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Tracy Krohn really is a poor driver. Endangering GTE-Pro drivers by cutting across them, oddly similar to what Mediani.

Usually I don't like Hindy's "backseat driver" approach to criticizing drivers, but that was a perfectly acceptable comment given the situation.

Campbell-Walter and Fisichella to the pits. Finally Mücke gets some time in the lead...
Hindy knows what's what - he raced in a club 6 hrs just a few weeks ago.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3297558)   #433
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Sorry if I offend anyone with my posts. Im just making light of the bad race Toyota had, but Toyota is a part of me and my family and I support their efforts no matter how big or small. I am not trying to make excuses for them but we shouldn't judge them by 'Audi standards' if you want to put it into words. No other manufacturer is even entered, and if it weren't for Toyota having a car we would end up with every race in lmp1 being like today after the first hour. Thats not good for the viewers or the championship. So hopefully we have a great race in Texas.
Well spoken.

Oh, BTW, I know this has probably been talked about before but what exactly is your connection with Toyota Racing?
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3297561)   #434
TF110
Veteran

United States
I have a family with involvement in sales of Toyota motor, thats all. No part of their racing program (but I wouldn't mind)!
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3297565)   #435
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had to watch the race on delay due to work but finished now. Not going to call that a vintage six hours but I love the WEC and naturally it held my attention.

Read through the pages of debate (and bickering) about Toyotas budget. Immediately when the car gets trashed you think about the #7 chassis parked up in the garage. It is what it is.

Mike Conway again proved he is rapid in prototypes. Not sure how many seats Porsche have left to fill but he'd be a great pick I think.

Massively felt for the #95 after their race, and everything that went before it. Thiim and Stanaway again impressed this weekend at various points. Guys for the future.

Nice to see Rebellion get a podium. Fair play to them for having the #2 slightly worried but they know their limits. You still have to sigh at their relative pace but they (and many others) are just treading water until next year.

Porsche can't arrive quick enough.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3297578)   #436
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry if I offend anyone with my posts. Im just making light of the bad race Toyota had, but Toyota is a part of me and my family and I support their efforts no matter how big or small. I am not trying to make excuses for them but we shouldn't judge them by 'Audi standards' if you want to put it into words.
Isn't budget is actually a pretty great excuse (no sarcasm here)? I really can't fathom how you always understand complaining about the budget as an attack against the racing team itself or something. By all accounts they would be near "Audi standard" if they had the same budget. And I don't have a problem with the decision to run 1 car, for sure that was the best decision in this situation. That decision is the effect, budget is the cause and I have a problem with the cause.

Quote:
No other manufacturer is even entered, and if it weren't for Toyota having a car we would end up with every race in lmp1 being like today after the first hour. Thats not good for the viewers or the championship. So hopefully we have a great race in Texas.
Honeymoon (read: gratefulness for saving the championship) ended with the last race of 2012.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 02:12 (Ref:3297595)   #437
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Had to watch the race on delay due to work but finished now. Not going to call that a vintage six hours but I love the WEC and naturally it held my attention.

Read through the pages of debate (and bickering) about Toyotas budget. Immediately when the car gets trashed you think about the #7 chassis parked up in the garage. It is what it is.

Mike Conway again proved he is rapid in prototypes. Not sure how many seats Porsche have left to fill but he'd be a great pick I think.

Massively felt for the #95 after their race, and everything that went before it. Thiim and Stanaway again impressed this weekend at various points. Guys for the future.

Nice to see Rebellion get a podium. Fair play to them for having the #2 slightly worried but they know their limits. You still have to sigh at their relative pace but they (and many others) are just treading water until next year.

Porsche can't arrive quick enough.
Interestingly enough, both Stanaway and Thiim are currently actively competing in the Porsche Supercup. Stanaway has had somewhat of a rough season but Thiim is currently 2nd in points. I don't watch Porsche Supercup so I couldn't tell you exactly why Stanaway is doing poorly but one could assume that he's a rising star given he's been just as fast as Turner and Mücke at Interlagos. Also, it's a real testament to Thiim that he's 2nd in Supercup points - all of the drivers are real pros.

Luckily for both of them their Supercup schedule doesn't interfere with their WEC schedule.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3297603)   #438
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Isn't budget is actually a pretty great excuse (no sarcasm here)? I really can't fathom how you always understand complaining about the budget as an attack against the racing team itself or something. By all accounts they would be near "Audi standard" if they had the same budget. And I don't have a problem with the decision to run 1 car, for sure that was the best decision in this situation. That decision is the effect, budget is the cause and I have a problem with the cause.

Honeymoon (read: gratefulness for saving the championship) ended with the last race of 2012.
By Audi standard its 3 or 4 cars for LeMans (if allowed) 2 cars for the WEC (sometimes 3), not their pace. Diesels are advantaged, pretty obvious. Even Peugeot and their cars that hadn't changed shape since its inception were faster than Audi if not as reliable. Like I said, if you take issue with their running 1 car, maybe you can help their budget if Toyota dropped out of the WEC today, what merit would it stand on to be called a world championship? Instead of being negative because one car is running, regardless the name, we should be happy theres someone to challenge the 'tractors'. No Toyota = no WEC. No WEC = LeMans only. And for me once a year is not enough!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3297608)   #439
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it wouldn't really matter if Toyota dropped out because Porsche is coming next year. I wouldn't miss Toyota if they left

We are fortunate to be moving on to bigger and better things with the arrival of Porsche vs Audi.

Last edited by Articus; 2 Sep 2013 at 03:42.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:03 (Ref:3297625)   #440
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I would. I'd much rather have all three battling.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:06 (Ref:3297628)   #441
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Busted!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3297669)   #442
Eryk03
Racer

Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.
Quote:
I have a family with involvement in sales of Toyota motor, thats all. No part of their racing program (but I wouldn't mind)!
I would ashamed to admit that I am a part of such losers. Their road cars are just as poor as their achievements in motorsport.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3297686)   #443
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
lexus LFA is not so poor...
Old 2 Sep 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3297698)   #444
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryk03 View Post
I would ashamed to admit that I am a part of such losers. Their road cars are just as poor as their achievements in motorsport.
What a stupid post...

Maybe the 4.91 million people that bought their cars in the first 6 months of this year would not agree with you. They are still the biggest car manufacturer in the world so they are hardly 'losers'....
Old 2 Sep 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3297703)   #445
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryk03 View Post
What a thoroughly extraordinary thing to post......
Old 2 Sep 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3297709)   #446
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If there's one corner of motorsport that doesn't need fanboys, it's endurance racing. Can't we just enjoy the racing for what it is, without complaining about the way other people spend their money and without making childish swipes at people with different opinions?

I love endurance racing for its variety - and I include the variety of opinions in that. If you can't tolerate that, maybe endurance racing isn't for you.

Anyway, on the actual race. I thought there were one or two outstanding drives. The #51 Ferrari crew thoroughly deserved that victory in a car we all thought was slower than the AMR, but it was a faultless drive. Conway once again was superb and you could argue he won the class on his own with that opening stint. And the #95 crew you have to feel so sorry for but they were mixing it with the Pro cars for the whole race.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3297712)   #447
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well I would. I'd much rather have all three battling.
Yeah , I agree ..... but Toyota need to get more serious , shows the disadvantage of only having one chassis at the race . Some wrong with one chassis and game over .

I was disgusted seeing that Toyota stuffed into the tyre barrier , and knowing that's it , fight over in P1 .
Old 2 Sep 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3297717)   #448
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Disappointment after lotus-toyota crash, more because the interest for the race dropped underground. After 9 laps toyota had already something like 9-10 seconds of gap, then leading audi started to overlap gt-am cars, some lap audi gained 1-2 seconds more, some lap toyota recovered some tenth. With that pace toyota could not fight for the win, without the incident or other issues, they would have finished second after the 3 in a row penalities given to the #2.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3297737)   #449
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
Also lotus-toyota hug and 3 penalities in a row of #2 should be remembered
It was two penalties and a pit stop.

Stop 1 - 30 Second Stop & Go (Speeding in pit lane).
Stop 2 - 1 Minute Stop & Go (Unsafe Release).
Stop 3 - Pit Stop.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3297755)   #450
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me the defining image of the race was the sight of the #2 Audi driving back to the pits with its unattached right rear wheel on the back deck---Teutonic efficiency at its finest.