Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Aug 2024, 13:49 (Ref:4221728)   #426
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was the only time I could get Michael Lyons in a shot with other cars.
Attached Thumbnails
GC HSCC DBT 28 July 2024 (33).jpg  
Old 4 Aug 2024, 13:50 (Ref:4221729)   #427
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As charged....;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4963.JPG   IMG_8018.JPG   IMG_8023.JPG  

IMG_7950.JPG   IMG_7846.JPG   HSCC May 292.JPG  

Old 4 Aug 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4221730)   #428
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
.... your Honour;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8025.JPG   IMG_8015.JPG   IMG_8020.JPG  

IMG_8021.JPG   IMG_8019.JPG   IMG_8026.JPG  

Old 4 Aug 2024, 13:57 (Ref:4221731)   #429
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That V8 MGB GT was once owned and raced by Dave Bearman.
Old 4 Aug 2024, 14:00 (Ref:4221732)   #430
bauble
Veteran

England
Peter! stop butting in!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7983.JPG   IMG_7991.JPG   IMG_7998.JPG  

IMG_7986.JPG   IMG_8000.JPG   IMG_8002.JPG  

Old 4 Aug 2024, 14:12 (Ref:4221733)   #431
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No.
Attached Thumbnails
WCT_SMOSS_MRL (1).jpg  
Old 5 Aug 2024, 21:58 (Ref:4221912)   #432
bauble
Veteran

England
Lovelies.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9098.JPG   IMG_9021.JPG   IMG_9019.JPG  

IMG_9012.JPG   IMG_9152.JPG   IMG_9157.JPG  

Old 5 Aug 2024, 22:00 (Ref:4221913)   #433
bauble
Veteran

England
Beauties;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8593.JPG   IMG_8595.JPG   IMG_8624.JPG  

IMG_8633.JPG   IMG_8612.JPG   IMG_9300.JPG  

Old 5 Aug 2024, 22:03 (Ref:4221914)   #434
bauble
Veteran

England
stunners;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9476.JPG   IMG_9451.JPG   IMG_9471.JPG  

IMG_9555.JPG   IMG_9503.JPG   IMG_9589.JPG  

Old 6 Aug 2024, 06:15 (Ref:4221928)   #435
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey, you have done well there Bob. All lovely, stunning beauties. Not an even slightly ugly car in sight.
(Plus of course it goes without saying they are all perfectly sharp, in focus and well composed shots. ) )
Old 6 Aug 2024, 08:32 (Ref:4221937)   #436
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
A few "off the wall" pics.
Attached Thumbnails
GC 26_07_24 (110).jpg   GC 26_07_24 (109).jpg   GC 26_07_24 (105) copy.jpg  

Old 6 Aug 2024, 08:33 (Ref:4221938)   #437
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with EB. When I was a lad I used to have a set of Dinky cars just like those in post 433. Is car number 27 a Talbot Lago?

Just seen Peter's post and I must say I do like paddock and pits shots.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 10:20 (Ref:4221945)   #438
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
....in post 433. Is car number 27 a Talbot Lago?
Colour is right but I think the car in the photo is a Maserati.... Tipo A6GCM

The grille on the Talbot Lago was quite distinctive (different to that pic)

In fact here is a pic of our own (as in Aussie) Vern Schuppan pedalling his Talbot Lago shows what I mean re the grille
Attached Thumbnails
VernSchuppan.TalbotLago.Mallala.jpg  

Last edited by E.B; 6 Aug 2024 at 10:38. Reason: Added photo
Old 6 Aug 2024, 10:30 (Ref:4221946)   #439
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Here's a few more. Includes an example of drifting.
Attached Thumbnails
GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (51).jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (78).jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (102).jpg  

GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (105).jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (127).jpg   GS 2024 HGPCA Race 2 (143).jpg  

Old 6 Aug 2024, 10:43 (Ref:4221948)   #440
bauble
Veteran

England
Thank you, chaps for the compliments, always happy to be praised

MG! Number 27 is a Maserati A6GCM, a stop gap Grand Prix car from 1953/4.
In 1952/53 the Grands Prix were run for, the then current, Formula 2 cars, as there were insufficient F1 entrants to make up the field, when a new 2.5 litre F1 came into force for 1954, Maserati entered the iconic 205F for the works team and a number of private entrants, eg, Stirling Moss. However, Maserati could not produce sufficient 250F's to meet demand, so they up-graded a few of the 1953 F2 cars, by fitting the 2.5 litre engines. The livery is Argentina's National colours of blue and yellow, as raced by Roberto Mieres.

I shall be asking questions later
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7103.JPG   IMG_7104.JPG   IMG_8196.jpg  

Picture 176.jpg   Revival 2007 2 127.JPG   IMG_8595.JPG  

Old 6 Aug 2024, 10:48 (Ref:4221949)   #441
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Aaaand a few more.
Attached Thumbnails
GC 2024 VSCC R2 (93).jpg   GC 2024 VSCC R2 (95).jpg   GC 2024 VSCC R2 (126).jpg  

GC 2024 VSCC R2 (130).jpg   GC 2024 VSCC R2 (133).jpg  
Old 6 Aug 2024, 10:49 (Ref:4221950)   #442
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
In fact a couple of other pics of Mr Schuppan himself in the paddock with the Talbot Lago, these I took I think at Sandown Historics 2017

Old 6 Aug 2024, 11:16 (Ref:4221953)   #443
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hehehe just stumbled across a couple of pics from 'many decades ago', back in the early seventies (Im thinking European F5000 round at Brands 1973). Sorry about the quality. Like me, they have not aged well.

'Regga' was driving the #74 Lola T330 Chev

The bent #32 Chevron B24 was Peter Gethin.

I will post this other pic I found from the paddock at Prescott Hillclimb back in the day. That will be a much younger me standing by the rear wing of my #93 Phantom Hart Clubmans car!

Edit: I dont know how I managed it but the photo of Prescott has gone all Australian on me and when posted turns upside down. If you click on it it shows the right way up. I dont understand either.
Attached Thumbnails
BrandsFormula5000.jpg   BrandsF5000.jpg   BrandsFormula5000-2.jpg  

IMG_2952.jpg  
Old 6 Aug 2024, 11:43 (Ref:4221954)   #444
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good stuff.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 15:00 (Ref:4221979)   #445
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
E.B, the # 93 car was yours? (nice new avatar, I'll change mine soon).
Old 6 Aug 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4221985)   #446
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
E.B, the # 93 car was yours? (nice new avatar, I'll change mine soon).
Yes the #93 was mine. A Phantom (I think P79 but not 100% sure) Clubmans A Class car from the late seventies. All Steel 1700cc Ford, (mine built by Brian Hart). A lot of fun. Quite basic. Very light. B Class Clubmans were powered by a stock FF engine. I think in latter years Vauxhall engines were used

Last edited by E.B; 6 Aug 2024 at 16:11.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4221992)   #447
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
A Brian Hart engine, you treated yourself, lucky boy! At first glance I would have say a modified Mallock or something the like. Found this: https://www.phantomracingcars.co.uk/
A single seater in proto guise then? I always found the hillclimbing way too dangerous for myself, I wrecked one car at Saint Goueno (french Bretagne) before deciding to keep away from this. I remember Badan and his detuned F1 and thought he was either nuts or very brave. Anne Baverey was very skilled and brave too (not sure but think she had a Lister Jaguar). Those were the days, no safety no nothing.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4222005)   #448
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Those are from the new iteration of Phantom. On that website you linked if you click the about heading it will tell you the company was taken over by a Swedish operation, but I think is now back in the UK
My car stems from the Chris Greville-Smith / Richard Cresswell 1970's days.
The cars from the 1970s now race in a Historic Category. http://www.classicclubmans.com/history/ If you click on the classifieds I notice there is a Phantom P80, the later model of mine. I bought my car s/h complete with the Hart engine.
So as not to detract from this photo thread and upset the photographers I will email you with more detail.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 09:44 (Ref:4222053)   #449
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice paddock shot, EB. It looks like there was a team of three of you.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4222080)   #450
bauble
Veteran

England
Paddock Shots Bauble Style;
Attached Thumbnails
Also used (1).png   Also used (3).png   Also used (2).png  

Also used (5).png   Used (7).png   Mas 1 003.jpg