Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Oct 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3145297)   #426
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Not sure how good Michael's Italian was before 1996, and he seemed not to have a sense of humour, but the Italians managed that

Shouldn't be a problem.
Schumacher has the typical German sense of humour, Vettel has an almost 'English' sense of humour. There is a difference.

Schumacher limited is Italian to: 'We need to do more tyre testing, velocomente!'.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3145463)   #427
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What Schumacher may have lacked in linguistic skills, he more than made up with his Italian style and panache.

Old 5 Oct 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3146759)   #428
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
What Schumacher may have lacked in linguistic skills, he more than made up with his Italian style and panache.

Old 7 Oct 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3147471)   #429
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure if todays race was enough to keep Felipe at Ferrari for next year, but really nice to see him return to the podium today !
Old 7 Oct 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3147504)   #430
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not sure if todays race was enough to keep Felipe at Ferrari for next year, but really nice to see him return to the podium today !
You can't be sure of anything mate !
Old 7 Oct 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3147531)   #431
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently in the post race press conference Massa had a big smile on his face when he said something along the lines of "You'll see my plans for next year very soon".
I think he's staying put for next year. He seems to have got whatever problems he had earlier in the year sorted now, so no real point changing him I suppose.

With Hulk-to-Sauber rumours about at the moment, how about this:
Ferrari keep Massa for 2013
Ferrari sign Hulk now, but park him at Sauber for 2013
If Ferrari can't get Vettel for 2014, in comes Hulk (Ferrari have good memories of fast Germans )
Keeping Massa for an extra year would make more sense than hiring a new driver for one year when he'd have to learn the team etc then probably/possibly letting him go for another new driver...

I just love conjecture

Last edited by Hawkwood; 7 Oct 2012 at 11:05. Reason: spelling error
Old 7 Oct 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3147547)   #432
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Massa is not used to the podium. Was it me or did he fall off the podium and knock the champagne over? Looks like a hazard if he is re-signed.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3147657)   #433
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

Schumacher limited is Italian to: 'We need to do more tyre testing, velocomente!'.
Schumi has made a serious effort to learn and practice Italian. During his Ferrari years there was one particular restaurant in the Fiorano area where he would eat exclusively and talk Italian with the owner and his wife "Mama" preparing Schumi's pasta.

There are also youtube videos of Schumi talking fluent sounding Italian, saying thanks for the fans and giving basic interviews. So I guess we could call his Italian at least intermediate.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3147662)   #434
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Is that reading panache as in head-ache or stomach-ache...... ? He certainly makes my pan ache in that t-shirt......
Old 7 Oct 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3147767)   #435
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is that reading panache as in head-ache or stomach-ache...... ? He certainly makes my pan ache in that t-shirt......
It's the shades that do it for me.

According to the BBC Massa is staying at Ferrari.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19861867
Old 8 Oct 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3148262)   #436
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Massa will stay at Ferrari, but I think it's the wrong decision for them. Japan was Felipe's first podium in TWO YEARS. That's just not good enough when your team mate is winning races and challenging for the championship. Even if Ferrari does have Vettel signed for 2014 (which I doubt), I'd take a promising guy like Hulkenberg, di Resta or Kobayashi, and give them a year to advertise themselves to other teams. The incentive would be huge. Whereas I think, alas, we've seen the best of Massa.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3148386)   #437
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Massa will be racing next year, what do you reckon ???
Old 11 Oct 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3150030)   #438
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Massa thinks he will be racing with Ferrari next year, from comments in Autosport I suspect the deal is done.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103286
Old 11 Oct 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3150194)   #439
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think you are right...
Old 12 Oct 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3150413)   #440
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Is it a case of one decent race (OK - one very good race), and two seasons of underachievements are instantly forgiven? Or am I being a little too harsh? Did Di Resta really turn down a 1 season contract at Ferrari, or was that just a rumour?
Old 12 Oct 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3150458)   #441
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'd be interested to know. If he did turn it down, he's a silly boy.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3150472)   #442
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Racing what?
Old 12 Oct 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3150594)   #443
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Racing what?
A red car...
Old 12 Oct 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3150599)   #444
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa for 2013 (I don't think there's anybody about that would sign a one year contract) and then Ferrari replace him with _______ (Vettel on a pre-contract? )
Old 12 Oct 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3150607)   #445
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea thats like the worst kept secret of Formula1, German media has first reported the Vettel-Ferrar-2014 thing back in 2011 and it really seems to be happening.

Why on earth would they keep Massa for another year otherwise? It's clearly just to get thru 2013 without having to change the team's structure, before changes will be inevitable for 2014 anyway.

I mean Massa is bad, sometimes he is just scary bad, but there is not much to suggest that Sutil or Hulkenberg would be any better (let alone completely useless drivers like Buemi or Alguersuari) so why risk it? The scuderia is a very closed environment full with confidentiality why share all those secrets and inside info with someone new who would only stay for a year anyway? Besides, Massa would make a great test and reserve (Gene is way outdated) so if they give him one more season, chances are they can keep him around for the test and reserve role from 2014 onwards.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3150706)   #446
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
chances are they can keep him around for the test and reserve role from 2014 onwards.
I highly doubt it.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3151233)   #447
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
A red car...
Are Marussia getting a respray?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3151470)   #448
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I think that Ferrari should give Rob Smedley the remaining races off and just use Alonso's engineer, after all, Felipe's statergy is to slow when Fernando does, then speed up when he does. May aswell have one engineer giving out the instructions.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3151580)   #449
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
I think that Ferrari should give Rob Smedley the remaining races off and just use Alonso's engineer, after all, Felipe's statergy is to slow when Fernando does, then speed up when he does. May aswell have one engineer giving out the instructions.
This is just sad... what to expect for Fernando's new team mate next season...
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3151585)   #450
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
This is just sad... what to expect for Fernando's new team mate next season...
Do you still think that Felipe will be replaced mate?