Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 9 Apr 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3525276)   #451
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Because this event isn't endorsed being by the NZ SuperTourer series. It's mainly Owen Evans, Ian Booth and a few others.
So then Supertourers themselves obviously don't want to be part of any bridge building exercise between the V8 factions. What a real shame when this was potentially the best thing for V8 racing in NZ for years.

So is Owen Evans running V8ST now? Does he decide if its a points round or not?? Hell I'm confused about this!!
Old 9 Apr 2015, 04:01 (Ref:3525281)   #452
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Environmentalist177 View Post
Its sort of a Agreement between the competitors to make the event worth coming to.
All or some ?
Old 9 Apr 2015, 04:51 (Ref:3525284)   #453
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Environmentalist177 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry List

Mate from V8SFNZ sent me this, she reckons its not right as ST and TL aren't confirmed: http://v8superfans.co.nz/events/pukekohe-250/
Old 9 Apr 2015, 05:13 (Ref:3525285)   #454
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedcafe have just released this article and entry list:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/04/09/...tourer-merger/
Old 9 Apr 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3525289)   #455
samzbob
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
samzbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
So then Supertourers themselves obviously don't want to be part of any bridge building exercise between the V8 factions. What a real shame when this was potentially the best thing for V8 racing in NZ for years.

So is Owen Evans running V8ST now? Does he decide if its a points round or not?? Hell I'm confused about this!!
Now being a points paying round you would assume V8ST know something about it and have something to do with it?

Is it possible that V8ST management/organisation are laying low because they know their days of running a control series that dictates how and when you can use a car, are numbered?

Dont take this as fact, (and apologies if it has been discussed before) however I have heard the contracts that dictate your use of a ST, binding you to the series through all the franchise what not will not hold up in court.

So should all the teams decide to race elsewhere, or find a championship their cars are eligible for then ST management/series owners are left with nothing.

Which brings me back to why "SuperTourers" have been so quiet, possibly the realisation that this is the beginning of the end, and ST as we know it will no longer exist, even if the cars and drivers continue on in a different "championship"?
Old 9 Apr 2015, 06:21 (Ref:3525291)   #456
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by samzbob View Post
Now being a points paying round you would assume V8ST know something about it and have something to do with it?

Is it possible that V8ST management/organisation are laying low because they know their days of running a control series that dictates how and when you can use a car, are numbered?

Dont take this as fact, (and apologies if it has been discussed before) however I have heard the contracts that dictate your use of a ST, binding you to the series through all the franchise what not will not hold up in court.

So should all the teams decide to race elsewhere, or find a championship their cars are eligible for then ST management/series owners are left with nothing.

Which brings me back to why "SuperTourers" have been so quiet, possibly the realisation that this is the beginning of the end, and ST as we know it will no longer exist, even if the cars and drivers continue on in a different "championship"?
SuperTourers is a complete mess at the moment, Noonan wants out apparently, They have sort of given up like you said and Regards Contracts they do say that they have to race in ST and nothing else but I think that has become invalid because ST didn't up hold there end of the deal (From what I've Heard). Its all a complete mess. NZV8's are sorting it out and I know there are a few who haven't slept for days because they have only had 1.5 weeks to organise this event!
Old 9 Apr 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3525304)   #457
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
...a few who haven't slept for days because they have only had 1.5 weeks to organise this event!
What? How come?

I note that the Muscle Cars are not running - and from what I heard, never did accept the invitation. It's a real pity that the original ANZAC date, once released by Aussie V8s and grabbed for several groups, came to nothing, as that would have been a great way to celebrate the 100 years and might well have inspired a few spectators.

A true golden opportunity totally lost.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3525310)   #458
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
I know there are a few who haven't slept for days because they have only had 1.5 weeks to organise this event!
This was announced back on the 18th March
Old 9 Apr 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3525320)   #459
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
This was announced back on the 18th March
Yes However The event Promoter was changed Just last week!
Old 9 Apr 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3525323)   #460
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
Yes However The event Promoter was changed Just last week!
I assume NZST was the original promoter as the dates were shown as one of their series rounds.
It was strange the announcement of the combined grids was only made by NZV8's with no acknowledgement from NZST.
So was NZST ever involved with the decision to run combined grids ?
Old 9 Apr 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3525423)   #461
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The vibe out there is that the Supertourer championship as it has been is now dead.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3525452)   #462
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
I assume NZST was the original promoter as the dates were shown as one of their series rounds.
It was strange the announcement of the combined grids was only made by NZV8's with no acknowledgement from NZST.

So was NZST ever involved with the decision to run combined grids ?
The decision to run combined grids came from the ST owners committee, and was not supported by the sole owner of ST, who was vehemently apposed to the concept.

When V8 Supertourer 2013 did not confirm the booking they had previously made for the Pukekohe meeting, it was left to other interested parties to try to make the planned meeting date happen, with or with out the presence of V8 Supertourers [as in the company itself] as such.

Owen Evans was charged by the ST owners steering group, to try to build a bridge with the TLX owners, through their representative Ian Booth, which was far from easy and a series of emails went back and fourth for sometime before the 4 owners of all 6 TLX cars finally agreed to run in the same race, each running to their own rule book.

Whilst their is no formal agreement between the owners of the cars in both categories, it has been agreed to look at the thorny question of parity following this weekend racing, as neither group can carry on running as they are.

I personally support combining all three class's, and although the TL owners wanted to run their own race they simply did not have the numbers and in reality probably never will, unless they can grow as a result of running in a combined grid with all 3 V8 Touring Car categories.

That said the TL's do have one of their 3 race's on their own this weekend, however, with only 9 cars entered that is hardly what a MSNZ Premier National Championship Class deserves, and only further serves to illustrate the need to run combined grid's for the for-seeable future.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3525536)   #463
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
The decision to run combined grids came from the ST owners committee, and was not supported by the sole owner of ST, who was vehemently apposed to the concept.

When V8 Supertourer 2013 did not confirm the booking they had previously made for the Pukekohe meeting, it was left to other interested parties to try to make the planned meeting date happen, with or with out the presence of V8 Supertourers [as in the company itself] as such.

Owen Evans was charged by the ST owners steering group, to try to build a bridge with the TLX owners, through their representative Ian Booth, which was far from easy and a series of emails went back and fourth for sometime before the 4 owners of all 6 TLX cars finally agreed to run in the same race, each running to their own rule book.

Whilst their is no formal agreement between the owners of the cars in both categories, it has been agreed to look at the thorny question of parity following this weekend racing, as neither group can carry on running as they are.

I personally support combining all three class's, and although the TL owners wanted to run their own race they simply did not have the numbers and in reality probably never will, unless they can grow as a result of running in a combined grid with all 3 V8 Touring Car categories.

That said the TL's do have one of their 3 race's on their own this weekend, however, with only 9 cars entered that is hardly what a MSNZ Premier National Championship Class deserves, and only further serves to illustrate the need to run combined grid's for the for-seeable future.
Love it how your giving TL crap when ST haven't done much better in recent times.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3525542)   #464
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Combining all three categories does not mean there has to be parity. They can still run to their own technical rules and look after their own. They do not have to be sanctioned series to run together and can leave any petty squabbling in house.

As Sanctioned Series, my take is that the stewards of the meeting get dragged into any bun fights and protests and have to adjudicate on any protests or rule breaches. I believe that when people keep messing with complex rules, it is unfair to lumber the Stewards with any fall out.

A non-sanctioned series means that those petty issues can be sorted out in house, leaving the stewards to adjudicate on any standard driving, race or administration incidents only.

Three classes of 9 or ten cars running together or even four classes, makes for far better racing, so any convenor who demands their own small grid needs to pay the promoters accordingly and suffer the wrath of paying spectators (if any) if they put on a poor show - which is a given with a handful of cars.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3525544)   #465
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heimgartner's car looks pretty sharp for the weekend.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3525547)   #466
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Yea Not looking To Shabby
Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:53 (Ref:3525578)   #467
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
Heimgartner's car looks pretty sharp for the weekend.
Yep, shes a looker the SBRST. Nice story from the Velocity boys regarding this. This car may even trump the Smeg ST in terms of looks.
Go Andre!!
Old 10 Apr 2015, 00:13 (Ref:3525580)   #468
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be an interesting weekend just to see what comes out in the wash when the cars run together.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3525586)   #469
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've said this before more or less but unless you can get ALL the viable ST's back out there AND run them with the TLX's (who can perhaps change tyres to Hankook or vice-versa, plus up the power to similar to ST - will never be exactly the same) then I suspect that next year or the year after there will not be a V8 championship in NZ because everyone will have forgotten what one was and 90% of them have lost interest now anyway. Sorry to be negative but that's how I see it.

Well done MSNZ for their efforts in promoting the growth of motorsport in NZ, you have managed to kill off a potentially very good class and sell a lemon to the others that remained in your stable.

Brian Budd and Shayne Harris (and other guilty parties) may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. Happy scratching!
Old 10 Apr 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3525620)   #470
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh GB, you are naive. Its already infested more than just their armpits.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3525659)   #471
JamesK
Racer

Quote Superfans facebook page.

YES there will be points on offer for ALL V8 Touring Car classes (TL, TLX & NZST) So Simon Evans hasn’t won the championship YET as reported by some media outlets.
Team 4 boss Owen Evans thinks “it’s the best thing to do, because otherwise it would be incomplete. By having [the points] open, it is worthwhile for the guys to come out and have a crack.”

"Having a crack."
Looking at ST's points table and points allocation ex their web site, and assuming they are using these articles,
Simon is leading the series from Andre by 225 points. There is 275 points on offering for this round.
Simon would have to fail to complete all 3 races to not win the championship. Andre has 170 points lead over Tim and 212 over Tony D.
Battle for 3rd

Still cant get my head around how championship points can be allocated when the owners of the championship are neither endorsing nor running the event.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3525664)   #472
13BT
Rookie

13BT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that the owners group have collectively decided to run at this meeting would appear to have circumvented any control over the series that the current owner may believe they had.

They are making a statement as such that they can choose to race when and where they want and with whom and I am assuming the owner of V8ST is past the point of having control in terms of any agreements they may have been able to enforce. The fact they appear to have not tried to enforce the terms of any such agreements and that they have apparently abandoned their obligations in terms of conducting meetings means that everyone can maybe class themselves as free agents.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3525672)   #473
JamesK
Racer

QUOTE=13BT;3525664]The fact that the owners group have collectively decided to run at this meeting would appear to have circumvented any control over the series that the current owner may believe they had.

They may have circumvented the use of the car as apparently defined within their contracts but they would have no control over the series. I would assume the current owner still own's the series. I again assume until such time as it liquidates or sells they have all rights to the series, if, how and when it runs.

They are making a statement as such that they can choose to race when and where they want and with whom and I am assuming the owner of V8ST is past the point of having control in terms of any agreements they may have been able to enforce.

Agree,

The fact they appear to have not tried to enforce the terms of any such agreements and that they have apparently abandoned their obligations in terms of conducting meetings means that everyone can maybe class themselves as free agents.

Agree, "class them selves as free agents", but not ownership of the series.
Now if the owners group or someone else purchased the series they could do what they like, include allocating points to the series.

Now all that may be immaterial if NZST gave is blessing to allocate points to its series.

.[/QUOTE]
Old 11 Apr 2015, 02:16 (Ref:3525941)   #474
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is actually turning out to be quite a cool event so far. Andre on pole and an impressive 1.05.8 for Bargs. Race starts soon and everyone is looking forward to it. Not many spectators tho....
Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3526246)   #475
superstock
Rookie

New Zealand
lower hutt
superstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
This is actually turning out to be quite a cool event so far. Andre on pole and an impressive 1.05.8 for Bargs. Race starts soon and everyone is looking forward to it. Not many spectators tho....

where are the fans aren't they buying this either

ive heard or seen little promotion on mainstream media.

and as its almost winter does that detract the mindset

what with motorsport mostly a summer event in nz