Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jul 2024, 16:54 (Ref:4220104)   #4776
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
You can use the [URL="insert link here"]<type something>[/URLl] tags to put the link in a post, or [IMG]<paste link here>[/IMG] if it's a picture.

Or send the link/image/video and someone will post it (I'll happily do it if you want me to).
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:12 (Ref:4220106)   #4777
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
You can use the [URL="insert link here"]<type something>[/URLl] tags to put the link in a post, or [IMG]<paste link here>[/IMG] if it's a picture.

Or send the link/image/video and someone will post it (I'll happily do it if you want me to).
Thanks, i'll try to send them to you.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:53 (Ref:4220153)   #4778
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Valkyrie LMH shakedown @ Silverstone last Tuesday (16/07/24):

Video 1

Video 2

Full credit goes to LC2guy for the footage - it's even in the right aspect ratio!

Bonus video of the Valkyrie road cars.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:55 (Ref:4220154)   #4779
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ace. Thank you both
Old 21 Jul 2024, 20:06 (Ref:4220156)   #4780
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Many thanks to J Jay for the help, i've been trying to share for days, but i'm old and not tech savvy !! Glad to finally share with like minded Sportscar fans.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 20:07 (Ref:4220157)   #4781
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice shots, thanks for upload.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 08:55 (Ref:4220222)   #4782
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
You also have to take into account economy, I doubt a V12 even a very well put together one is going to be as good on fuel as a V6 or V8 turbo, so they will have to revamp the motor considerably to make it usable for this sort of racing.
The lower revs make sense, whether that is the final ACO performance BOP measure imposed or whether they are just short shifting whilst doing testing to keep reliability.

I suspect the engine will be a fair bit thirstier than a V6 turbo and will probably generate more heat.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 15:30 (Ref:4220269)   #4783
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't know if there's a rev-limit in the bop. It seems like it is up to the manufacturer as long as they stick to the designated power curve. And without the hybrid this is a new ballpark. I can't wait to see what the rule makers judge on this car! There's a story on the shakedown on sc365

Last edited by TF110; 22 Jul 2024 at 15:42.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 16:39 (Ref:4220282)   #4784
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
What do we think f drivers.

I think Thim and Sorensson might team up again, some of their GT guys in US and here are very quick.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 18:12 (Ref:4220296)   #4785
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
I'd normally put this under "slow F1 news day," but with the self-manufactured drama at Hungary, this article being on the front page of BBC Sport is a show of strength for Hypercar's reach.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 21:06 (Ref:4220302)   #4786
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'd normally put this under "slow F1 news day," but with the self-manufactured drama at Hungary, this article being on the front page of BBC Sport is a show of strength for Hypercar's reach.
It probably helps that Aston Martin is british.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 21:09 (Ref:4220303)   #4787
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The lower revs make sense, whether that is the final ACO performance BOP measure imposed or whether they are just short shifting whilst doing testing to keep reliability.

I suspect the engine will be a fair bit thirstier than a V6 turbo and will probably generate more heat.
They will use more fuel, but this will be absorbed into the BOP process with the fuel docking time and minimum weights.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 03:29 (Ref:4220313)   #4788
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
It probably helps that Aston Martin is british.
It does, but it's an improvement on the Le Mans-only coverage sportscars usually gets in mainstream media.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 06:17 (Ref:4220961)   #4789
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It does, but it's an improvement on the Le Mans-only coverage sportscars usually gets in mainstream media.
Of course as we all know, it's ridiculous that there isn't a UK round of the WEC. This would further fuel media attention for Aston but also the whole series which festures much British involvement.

In the 80s the Silverstone 1000 was a bit of a warm up for Le Mans with Jaguar and to some extent RML Aston getting increased coverage as did the best of their overseas competition.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 06:39 (Ref:4220962)   #4790
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Of course as we all know, it's ridiculous that there isn't a UK round of the WEC. This would further fuel media attention for Aston but also the whole series which features much British involvement.

In the 80s the Silverstone 1000 was a bit of a warm up for Le Mans with Jaguar and to some extent RML Aston getting increased coverage as did the best of their overseas competition.
I agree fully, but that's for a different thread, and unfortunately, not likely any time soon.

It would be nice to see Aston pushing for a UK WEC round, but they seem content with the current calendar.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 08:02 (Ref:4220979)   #4791
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I doubt it will make any difference sadly, the only caveat being that if Pringle has any sense he will have seen that the crowds at Spa and Imola were huge, and he might make a few quid, I dont know, UK rounds of WEC have never been very well supported presumably as most fans are happy simply to do LM every year instead.

I fear the relationship between Silverstone and ACO is fairly poor anyway so Aston wont make a shred of difference
Old 29 Jul 2024, 14:21 (Ref:4221014)   #4792
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I doubt it will make any difference sadly, the only caveat being that if Pringle has any sense he will have seen that the crowds at Spa and Imola were huge, and he might make a few quid, I dont know, UK rounds of WEC have never been very well supported presumably as most fans are happy simply to do LM every year instead.
No, I can't agree with that. At all. The crowds have never been huge, however they consisted in the main of British fans who would do LM and Silverstone. I was certainly there each year for the whole weekend until they canned it.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 17:33 (Ref:4221043)   #4793
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Generally engines sound more impressive at higher revs, but they lose the quality. The screaming V10s that are looked back on with nostalgia now don’t sound good
This is a VERY controversial and IMO incorrect statement!

LMDh rev limit is 10,000rpm, does LMH have a rev limit?
Old 29 Jul 2024, 20:11 (Ref:4221061)   #4794
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Prodrive have any input with this project or is it all inhouse/Multimatic?
Old 30 Jul 2024, 02:32 (Ref:4221096)   #4795
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
correct statement!
Thanks for missing of the bit where I saw they were “hugely impressive”!
Quote:
LMDh rev limit is 10,000rpm, does LMH have a rev limit?
I’d forgotten, or it passed me by, that there is that 10,000rpm limit in the rules. It surprises me as there is no real need. Although for the same reason it makes little difference.

In the BoP tables the one with the highest rpm is Acura with 9,512. Lowest is the BMW with 8,000. No car has changed its max rpm since they were introduced.

No engine speed is cited in the Hypercar regs. There is a very similar section that shows the power curves and the reference conditions in both sets of regs, but no mention of rpm in Hypercar whereas there is in LMDh.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 12:37 (Ref:4221138)   #4796
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, I can't agree with that. At all. The crowds have never been huge, however they consisted in the main of British fans who would do LM and Silverstone. I was certainly there each year for the whole weekend until they canned it.
I agree with you that in recent years there have been relatively small gates but, but there were only 3 decent entrants in the top calls fielding a couple of cars each.

What I was thinking of was the Group C days, the last time international sportscars was as big as it is at the top level, when there were huge crowds. Yes Jaguar was probably the reason, but I think that in Hypercar, Ferrari v Aston and 20 other big class cars would generate a pretty big crowd.

Maybe if Pringle goes, the crap non F1 UK calendar goes away, maybe it's not just his fault. Apologies, I have gone on a rant.

Let's hope Aston comes out swinging straight away next year and then it will be hard not to have a UK round.....
Old 30 Jul 2024, 17:07 (Ref:4221206)   #4797
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Aston Martin's short video, some good up close shots in it.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 17:35 (Ref:4221210)   #4798
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Thanks. Yep, may be its just me but the front splitter seems rather high. May be they've found something different to feed the flat bottom (0,34 in the vid).
Old 30 Jul 2024, 23:19 (Ref:4221245)   #4799
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Surely they’ve not given it a flat bottom? I assume it’s a reference to the floor and underbody aero? That car is very sculptured and not flat. There is no need in the regs.

Have I misunderstood what you are referring to?

But yes, a fun look.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 00:10 (Ref:4221248)   #4800
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I do think that the only rules other than overall dimensions having to comply overall car dimensions is that the front diffuser has to have the old 50mm tall/1000mm wide lip in the splitter section that carried over from LMP1, and you're only allowed either a complete one piece diffuser or an Audi R15-type "wing" with two separate sections.

However, outside of that, it's sort of the wild west on what you can do with the underside of the car, though for the most part the current cars are fairly straightforward evolutions of LMP1 cars into quasi-ground effect cars.