Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 May 2002, 04:36 (Ref:277042)   #26
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
I didn't see that silliness,but my beef is similar.F1 racing magazine has writen some stupidly uninformed junk in their time.Peter windsor's articles on his 'friction circle'plus other stuff finally turned me off them.Actually i've seen this rubbish on all websites.They just get desperate to write SOMETHING.
unbiased F1 journalism is a thing of the past. just by reading F1 RACING, it is blatently obvious that it is biased towards british drivers, with the exception of peter windsor who seems to have some sort of love affair with TFG.
in the aussie version, we have a full page editorial written by an aussie journalist who has an all to obvious hatred of V8 SUPERCARS,which is the premier racing series in oz.
in the latest issue he had the audacity to dedicate his whole article to some survey held that proves the more intelligent and high income earning people of our country prefer F1 to the V8's, and he did not hold back in demeaning the people who watch the V8's.
it is this sort of rubbish that is turning people off such publications.

PS. i am a very low income earner and quite intelligent {???}, but i still prefer F1 to the V8's!!!
Old 3 May 2002, 13:39 (Ref:277528)   #27
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Autosport is not as good as it use to be and it too expensive for a student like me to buy weekly but the standard of writing is still better than Tom Rubythorn and his F1 magazine no hopers.
Old 3 May 2002, 13:40 (Ref:277531)   #28
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GOD I HATE RUBYTHORN!
Old 3 May 2002, 14:22 (Ref:277575)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rubythorn! He appears to be Universally hated.

Has anyone else noticed Mark Hughes' writings in Autosport. The way that the first and last paragraph have to be related has really started to annoy me. The trouble is he seems to sacrifice the actual content to achieve this!

Why can't he just report what happens rather than try to prove his literary talents!

Oh well. I've long realised that good journalism has died. I have a couple of people who I like to read, but they are in the minority...
Old 3 May 2002, 19:44 (Ref:277834)   #30
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid that the standard of Autosport has taken a complete nosedive in the past two years. I moved house recently and began leaving through my back copies and it struck me how much better the magazine was a few years ago. For me, the nadir was under Anthony Rowlinson's editorship and, while I feel that things have improved a little recently, there is still along way to go.

I agree that it is too F1-orientated, especially when you consider F1 Racing is a sister title. Take the current issue: 16 pages of Spanish GP coverage, just three for CART, two for F3000, one page on the British Rally Championship (we used to get about 4-5) and three pages of a rather patchy and inconsistent World of Sport. There are six further pages of F1 news and the only features are four driver profiles. Oh yes, and a column from Juan Antonio Samaranch, talking about - F1.

Please, Laurence Foster, John McIllroy, get a grip. Have a rifle through your archives and get a taste for how it should be done.
Old 3 May 2002, 21:41 (Ref:277939)   #31
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HillBilly

"maybe, somewhere out there..., there are some guys racing clean and dicing hard,... not for money or for fame, but just for the chills and thrills of what use to be just a sport."

"If you know where they are, let me know, and I will make the trip." [QUOTE]

Watch how certain people will lose their minds with just the suggestion that you watch an IRL race. No fan of the "elite" motorsports wants you to know about it. The IRL is putting on hard, but fair wheel to wheel, balls to the walls, 225+mph gut wrenching races almost every time out. It is the dammdest thing i've seen in 35 years as a motorsport student.

Forget about what the internet "experts" are saying. Those same people will just stare at the monitor blankly if you ask them about the friction circle or weight transfer. Forget what the slaggers say and just give it an honset chance. You can surely make up your own mind, so why do you need to listen to any of them?