Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Feb 2004, 19:16 (Ref:877390)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button's proclamation of love for BAR is because saying anything else would be the wrong thing to do going into your first season of team leadership.

I think Sir Frank would've been impressed with Jenson being professional there and not saying "Yeah, I'd love to be back at Williams next year".

But I think Button will be JPM's replacement. And Webber will come in if Ralf quits/is pushed.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 19:16 (Ref:877392)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it worked for Piquet...
Old 17 Feb 2004, 21:07 (Ref:877562)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Attila
Do not forget that BMW wants him there. They love the guy and that is a fact.
Now that BMW and Williams have extended their contract till 2009 i don't think that Rafe staying is top priority.

I have seen reports on the internet that Frank wants to drop Rafes wage to $6mill plus performance related bonus's.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 22:48 (Ref:877690)   #29
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf's kidding himself if he thinks Sir Frank is going to pay him that sort of money for the supposed good results he's getting.

If he doesn't smarten up, he'll soon find himself at another team (who are not as good) while Williams will simply hire himself two cheaper drivers, who are as good if not better, and they will get the job done.

BMW won't have much say in what's going on with Ralf as they should understand what Frank is like. Plus, I really don't think a German driver is THAT important to them, winning is simply the only thing.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 23:49 (Ref:877755)   #30
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You could get Fisichella to drive for £500 000
Jos would pay £5 million to drive,that would keep the bean counters happier.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:12 (Ref:877898)   #31
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Villeneuve would probably drive for free, and could give the championship a shake up if was back in a race-winning car, IMO. As for the continuity issue, maybe they'll use Gene for a year, after his good performance in Italy 03. Button will stay at BAR, and Webber, well, he's a lucky guy, Renault, Jag and Williams want him by the looks of things!!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:50 (Ref:877914)   #32
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is he trying to lock away a deal for a slight pay rise (once the bargaining is done) now, rather than having to negotiate it after another semi-dismal year?
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:55 (Ref:877918)   #33
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Mr Webber is a lucky boy.Falvio must be rubbing his hands together at the thought of this.All he needs now is a season like last years with a podium or two thrown in and the off seasons gonna be good if he holds out that long.

The Grumpy1
Old 18 Feb 2004, 05:10 (Ref:877953)   #34
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I don't think BMW loves/wants him that much. Business is business and like it or not, drivers are payed based in his talents and performances, and what Ralf wants isn't exactly a reflection of his achievements.
Exactly. I bet Mario Theisseion is all over the back of FW these days in favor of Ralf. Though my sixth sense tell me that FW does not want Ralf any more. They might be looking as some of the upcoming german drivers and Heidfeld also has a chance. If Williams can get Alonso from Renault, Heidfeld can be a good partner.

Last edited by freud; 18 Feb 2004 at 05:10.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 10:37 (Ref:878128)   #35
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf to Ferrari and TFG retires? I can see that that makes a strange kind of logic, especialy to WW. What is sure is that FW aint gonna be paying ralph 13m quid and you can take that to the bank!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 11:31 (Ref:878174)   #36
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think its a case of what Will Webber wants more than Ralf
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:28 (Ref:878222)   #37
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ups. Mario Theissen has detained speculation that Williams has been muscled into a corner in negotiations with Ralf Schumacher over nationality.

He said, is was simply a 'bonus' if Frank Williams puts a German in the racing cockpit.

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=68969
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:31 (Ref:878228)   #38
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, if Sir Frank put Heidfeld in the Williams's cockpit is also a bonus?
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:43 (Ref:878242)   #39
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theissen is not going to fight Frank over this. Frank has BMW's until 2009. Frank also has a habit of voting very good drivers off of the Island if they **** him off, and RS isnt even 'very' good. Shumi lite is on very thin ice.

Does Shumi lite get on with the rotty? they would have worked together at Jordan in the late 90's, I dont recall them being totallly on the same page.

[EDIT: Weak autocensor dodge /EDIT]

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Sep 2004 at 19:52.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 13:00 (Ref:878257)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf and Weber should study a little F1 history, before getting into talks with Sir Frank...
Old 20 Feb 2004, 08:43 (Ref:880173)   #41
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion Weber is the best manager in the world. (not just F1 also Claudia Schiffer..etc.) He knows exactly what he is doing. I am sure that Ralf will go a little bit down with his demands, but at the end he will end up with one of the top teams. It could be Toyota, Ferrari, BMW. Weber is much smarter than any of us here, he will get the job done.

One more thing. You are forgetting how good Ralf is. Montoya who supposed to be among the 3 best could not really beat him. I mean he is not always faster, which means Ralf has the spead. He proved it before and teambosses know that.

Cheers,
Old 22 Feb 2004, 15:08 (Ref:881897)   #42
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SCHUMACHER SLAMS WILLIAMS Not really ideal going into a new season with all this going on.

At the bottom of the article JPM he's having a laugh
Old 22 Feb 2004, 15:37 (Ref:881908)   #43
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw that article. When both your drivers are unhappy then it has to be a reflection of the team. RS may not be as big a loss as JPM but he is still a very experienced driver who knows the team well.

I suppose they want to make way for two new, cheap drivers. As everyone says, maybe Webber and Button ( if the BAR is not up to task this year).
Old 22 Feb 2004, 16:03 (Ref:881919)   #44
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr

At the bottom of the article JPM he's having a laugh
Whats funny about it?

Quote:
by JPM

“That will all change this season because there are a lot of drivers who can actually win races, and they want to.”

With the exception of Trulli, Every driver in the top 4 teams has won races.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:18 (Ref:881959)   #45
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralfs inability to understand the big picture will see him released after this season. Compared to the pay of everyone but his brother, his demands go far beyond any other drivers current salary. He may believe it's all part of negotiating, and he may eventually lower his demand, but it might already be too late.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:45 (Ref:881979)   #46
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ralf wants more cash, right?....ok, then what he should do is take the game squarely to his brother, his teammate, and the rest of the field and win the wdc....but, having said that, williams probably in all likelyhood won't be the ones coughing up the dough....they'll let him go and sign someone else for less....i'll bet the morale in the williams camp is really riding high right about now....jpm is leaving at the end of the season with contract in hand and ralf is having the money door shut in his face.....bodes well....
Old 22 Feb 2004, 18:15 (Ref:882007)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the bit in the article......."I'd half my current wages if I had to". Yeah right, I believe that!
Old 22 Feb 2004, 20:01 (Ref:882079)   #48
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect they could hire Pizzonia and Gene for £3 Million each, and save another £15-20 million to develop the car.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 22:12 (Ref:882203)   #49
Mr V
Veteran

England
I expect they could hire them for a million each
Old 22 Feb 2004, 22:49 (Ref:882224)   #50
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Pizzonia would drive for free!